Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston's Ktrk Reporting (Peyton Manning Interested In The Texans)?

LaughingAtIrsay

One thing I have often noticed about the Texans forums is that they have tended to be a bit tough on Schaub at times. Sometimes VERY tough. I never got it though.

After reading the Patriots forum after their Superbowl loss, I found out they're tough on Brady too! I guess being an NFL QB is a tough job, no matter how good you are.

After reading the Patriots forum after their Superbowl loss, I found out they're tough on Brady too! I guess being an NFL QB is a tough job, no matter how good you are.

True that.

Also, Peyton has kicked the Texans butts so many times so the idea might be appealing to many of their fans. I don't think all are on the wagon though.

Actually the link says it's more Peyton with interest in the Texans.

I don't think Houston really would go for this anyway. Schaub is a good QB. Now that they have a D they should be fine.

Of course I am not saying Peyton WANTS to play for Houston (it's just funny to speculate on though)but who wouldn't? What QB would not want that run game, Andre and a defense that developed into one of the top units in the league. Plus you play more then half your games indoors.

Texans fans should not pick on Schaub so much. They could do A LOT worse then him. Schaub's big issue to me has been durability more then his skills.

So, no. I highly doubt a Peyton/Texans marriage ever happens.

Of course, I knew things had been too quiet lately. More rumors are bound to happen.......

If Manning goes to any team we play twice a year....that is borderline criminal......let alone a team that beat us 35-7 when Peyton was playing!

It is bad enough in my opinion to let him go at all.....the Texans? (Playoffs......Playoffs) Sorry my Inner Jim Mora popped up again.

March 8th cannot come faster. Oh wait, if they manage to postpone that date, we would have possibly 2 more months of this. I shudder :).

Maybe, what we can do to promote the forum membership, we can start a thread on about 10-15 teams we think he can land on and invite folks from other teams' forums. What do you all think? Then, we can introduce a couple more sections stating "NFC teams wishing to have Manning go here" and "AFC teams wishing to have Manning go here". :)

Whoever said PM is way better than Schaub is delusional to the hilt.PM has lost a lot on his fastball,so to speak,even before last year.He was becoming more interception prone,and now his health is questionable.He still could be very good on the right team,but I am not sold he is a SB quality QB anymore.You all can live in the past but I am of the mind to move on and see what this kid Luck is going to do.Schaub is a young top flight QB,why would they want to give him up for 36 year old shell of himself Peyton.The absolute dumbest thing the Colt's can do is >>> themselves over on the salary cap and^fool^ the progress of the rebuild for 5 more years because a bunch of delusional fans that cannot move on want their star back.Those people are PM fans and not Colt's fans.I am for the shoe not any specific player,andthat goes for any player.

Whoever said PM is way better than Schaub is delusional to the hilt.PM has lost a lot on his fastball,so to speak,even before last year.He was becoming more interception prone,and now his health is questionable.He still could be very good on the right team,but I am not sold he is a SB quality QB anymore.You all can live in the past but I am of the mind to move on and see what this kid Luck is going to do.Schaub is a young top flight QB,why would they want to give him up for 36 year old shell of himself Peyton.The absolute dumbest thing the Colt's can do is >>> themselves over on the salary cap and^fool^ the progress of the rebuild for 5 more years because a bunch of delusional fans that cannot move on want their star back.Those people are PM fans and not Colt's fans.I am for the shoe not any specific player,andthat goes for any player.

Whilst I regretably kind of agree re the Peyton's ability / longevity, I really don't think the Colts are going to do anything based on what a bunch of delusional fans want. Ever.

For the record, I don't believe any of this.

However, if Manning does make a point to sign with a team in the division, he'll be dead to me.

I think it would be poetic. Just think, we could see him at least 6 times a year, shoving his size 13 athletic shoe so far up our behinds that our breath would smell like his toes.

Point being; If Irsay if shortsighted enough to not claim him for the Colts, then he/we deserve it.

I think it would be poetic. Just think, we could see him at least 6 times a year, shoving his size 13 athletic shoe so far up our behinds that our breath would smell like his toes.

Point being; If Irsay if shortsighted enough to not claim him for the Colts, then he/we deserve it.

Honestly, I don't care. All I know is I would consider that Manning giving us the finger. Now, some of you can debate if it's justified or not. I could care less how justified it is. As far as I'm concerned any former player who gives us the finger is dead to me.

It's really just that simple for me.

(note: again, I don't see this happening and this line of discussion is simply a "what if")

Bob Allen - Here's what I heard and this could be very interesting with a lot of moving parts. Someone I know who is close friends with the Manning family says Peyton is definitely interested in possibly coming to the Texans. Peyton will be released by the Colts early next month and will be a free agent. The person who knows the Mannings says Peyton wants to play on a team that has a chance of going to a Super Bowl, and the Texans fit that description. Another big plus is that the Texans are in the Colts division. Manning not only knows the division, but I'm told the relationship between him and Colts owner Robert Irsay now is strictly business. And don't underplay the competitiveness between Peyton and Eli -- it "does" matter that Eli has two Super Bowl rings to his one. This is one that won't be played out publicly; we won't be hearing anything from Manning or the Texans unless something does happen.

A big factor is Peyton's arm strength and right now he's still not back to what he was, but it's early. And then there's Matt Schaub to factor in as well.

All that aside, be it a long shot or reality, I know for a fact that he does have a definite interest in the Texans.

http://abclocal.go.c...article-8542447

'Someone I know who is close friends to the Manning FAMILY??

Come on...Absolutely, positively no chance Manning plays for Houston next season.

They have a star QB....in his 20s....

Somebody's making things up.

'Someone I know who is close friends to the Manning FAMILY??

Come on...Absolutely, positively no chance Manning plays for Houston next season.

They have a star QB....in his 20s....

Somebody's making things up.

Just an FYI Schaub will be 31 in a few months

He would murder the Defense we had out there this year.

Again I didn't write this story I saw it on my local news and went to the site and copied and paste the story. Bob Allen reporting it not me.

Again I didn't write this story I saw it on my local news and went to the site and copied and paste the story. Bob Allen reporting it not me.

sorry i should have put the writers name in there when asking that question. plus after reading comments from houston fans on that page it doesnt seem they want him there and would rather stick with schaub lol. I dont care if manning signs with another team aslong as its not within the AFC. im hoping he will sign with the redskins. but i heard about the houston thing too here in dallas.

Honestly, I don't care. All I know is I would consider that Manning giving us the finger. Now, some of you can debate if it's justified or not. I could care less how justified it is. As far as I'm concerned any former player who gives us the finger is dead to me.

(note: again, I don't see this happening and this line of discussion is simply a "what if")

I understand and I respect your opinion. By "Giving us the middle finger" you mean "us", the fans.

I just choose to be more objective about it. I'm a Colts fan and a fan of Manning as an individual player. But how am I going to root for Manning to have success if he's playing for a division rival?

Answer; I don't know but I'd figure it out. Though I don't think this will happen because I have yet to be offered a reason to feel he'll not be playing for the Colts in 2012.

I'm not going to hate Manning because of his business decisions, especially considering the very reason why he would be in Houston would be because he was himself a victim of a business decision.

Is there any potential that this is a planted story by someone in support of Manning staying here? To rattle Irsay into the consideration that letting Manning go may inadvertently harm the Colts franchise by pitting him against us directly, as a division rival? Nah....prolly not. Most likely just more sewage spewing out of the media drain.

Post like these always make me laugh( long time lucker that finally joined). I'm not trying to be rude, but if most of us were in his situation, we might consider it.

It's like in business. If you started your career with a struggling company but were able to bring them to great success. No mater what they paid you, you were still bring in much much more than they gave you. You've only worked for this company and you feel loyal. because they took care of you. Then you have one bad year and they fire you to hire a young kid. A big competitor comes along and provides you with all the tools to be successful. So your saying you should turn that down out of what? Loyalty? Sports is that. It's fun, but its a business . Manning possibly getting cut.... business. Manning doing what is best for his career , legacy, and financial means.. business..

Can't see how any contending team with a young, competitive , in place QB would even entertain the idea of replacing him with a veteran with 3 to 4 years left at best (if healthy). Peyton has the potential to put any team over the hump but Matt Schaub is good and in place. why pull ur future for a quick questionable fix. Huge fan of PM but don't see the Texans replacing Schaub and risk losing him then texans being in the hunt for another franchise QB in two years.

I posted this possibilty two weeks ago here and caught a bucket of bull for it. Remember what Manning told the Colts if they didn't darft him, " If you don't draft me me Il kick your #$% every time I play you." Add to that Irsay and Manning just might be at odds with each other. Add to that the Texans will clearly be guaranteed a smooth road next year to glory and the moral boost it would give the Texans. Add to that Manning won't be asking for a ton of money. Add Schaub it great trade bait. I live in Houston so I say "Come on Down" !!!!!!!! I will watch all your games nowand not have to pay for NFL Ticket on my satellite.