Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Well.....I think we might stop the run this year.

Rally5

Sadly, it appears this teams looks exactly like the teams two years prior. All new starters and changed positions and the result was a pathetic, weak-kneed, fall-on-your-face performance against a team voted the worst in the NFL for the last two consecutive seasons and Goff, perhaps the epitome of ineptitude who threw for more than 300 yards for the first time ever in his career.

1 minute ago, NorthernBlue said:

D gave up 32 points, on a day where the offense couldn't do anything. With mostly rookies and a depleted secondary, I guess that's an improvement.

But like not really.

Its also worth noting that we had 11/11 positions as new starters out there. Cant expect that much turnover to just walk on and produce as a team. I saw some positives to take away from our defense, and hopefully they will improve as they gel and build chemistry together. If they haven't improved at all by midseason, then I will start freaking out about the defense. 

1 hour ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Its also worth noting that we had 11/11 positions as new starters out there. Cant expect that much turnover to just walk on and produce as a team. I saw some positives to take away from our defense, and hopefully they will improve as they gel and build chemistry together. If they haven't improved at all by midseason, then I will start freaking out about the defense. 

Thank you!!  That only works in madden. 

2 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

D gave up 32 points, on a day where the offense couldn't do anything. With mostly rookies and a depleted secondary, I guess that's an improvement.

But like not really.

I'll take this defense over those of the last few years.  Run D improved, as that is where Ballard put the big contract with Hankins .woods was a good pickup too.  Progress.  We knew our pass D would get tore up with no Davis and TONS of rookies.  LB corps is still our weakness:  we knew this.  I am confident that is #1 on Ballards list. The D got killed because they were on the field ALL day on a very hot day.  We expected mistakes with all the new faces.  They will improve and i think it would be enough if the O would hold up its end with 20 - 24 points in most games. 

I think losing kelly really hurt the stability and confidence of th OL.

add Andrew, davis,  geathers, kelly, and some gametime for our rookie backfield and we look alot better.  Add improved LBs in off-season with basham and walker having experience and i can see a light out there. I still think Ballard did ALOT in one offseason.  He's not done.  Bummer but it takes time to do what has to be done.

i'll be more grouchy on mondays, but i think i will live thru a bad season if it happens. I'll hold out hope and optimism until we're mathematically ruled out.  Better than being miserable.

1 hour ago, NorthernBlue said:

But like not really.

They did, but they also were out there for most of the game. The offense went 0-11 on 3rd and fourth down. When you go and do this stuff on offense you defense is gonna get tired with it being as hot as it was. They did have some good moments though. If the offense could've looked like the Kizer led browns offense maybe then we would have had a better defense. They just seem to have been getting tired.

2 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

John Simon and Al Woods were the only positives I saw on defense today. Melvin was horrible and we are paying all that money to Sheard for him to be invisible. Still have no pass rush and unless someone emerges, that should be the main focus of next offseason.

Didn't get why the Colts waited til the 4th quarter to bench Melvin for Quincy.