Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck taken off PUP list (Merge)

HungarianColtsFan

I think Morris clears waivers. Whether they put him on the PS or not... who knows.  ST get 2 million this year.  If we could have swung a deal for Brissett weeks ago, St could have been let go and saved another 1.75 million (seems CB is doing a lot of that with others today).  We will roll with ST, until Luck appears as the starter, or JB surpasses him as the #2 this year.

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

I think Morris clears waivers. Whether they put him on the PS or not... who knows.  ST get 2 million this year.  If we could have swung a deal for Brissett weeks ago, St could have been let go and saved another 1.75 million (seems CB is doing a lot of that with others today).  We will roll with ST, until Luck appears as the starter, or JB surpasses him as the #2 this year.

I read that Morris was not eligible for PS, I am not sure if that is accurate.

Just now, Cynjin said:

I read that Morris was not eligible for PS, I am not sure if that is accurate.

Why not?

"The league now allows four players per practice squad to have two accrued seasons, making it easier for teams to have experienced players on their practice squad. An accrued season means a player was on full pay status for six or more regular-season games on a club's active/inactive, reserved/injured or reserve/physically unable to perform lists

This rule change covers basically the entire rookie classes of 2015 and 2016, both drafted and undrafted players, regardless of how many NFL games they played."

Was Morris on a clubs 53 man roster for more than 6  games each of the last 3 season?  If not, he can be put on the P.S.

29 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Why not?

"The league now allows four players per practice squad to have two accrued seasons, making it easier for teams to have experienced players on their practice squad. An accrued season means a player was on full pay status for six or more regular-season games on a club's active/inactive, reserved/injured or reserve/physically unable to perform lists

This rule change covers basically the entire rookie classes of 2015 and 2016, both drafted and undrafted players, regardless of how many NFL games they played."

Was Morris on a clubs 53 man roster for more than 6  games each of the last 3 season?  If not, he can be put on the P.S.

They didn't give a reason.  They just stated that neither Tolzien or Morris were eligible for the PS.  I am not sure if it is accurate or not.

28 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Stupid in my opinion cut tolzien.

Morris has outplayed Tolzien, and we save more if we cut Tolzien. Our Salary cap space  is going to be huge next year, so 2M not a huge deal, but with trading for Brissett is Tolzien really in our long term plans now. If you are going to choose, Morris has showed a lot more upside.

1 minute ago, loudnproudcolt said:

Morris has outplayed Tolzien, and we save more if we cut Tolzien. Our Salary cap space  is going to be huge next year, so 2M not a huge deal, but with trading for Brissett is Tolzien really in our long term plans now. If you are going to choose, Morris has showed a lot more upside.

Agreed.

Just now, IndyScribe said:

We probably will after picking up a couple other players. My guess is we keep one to allow Brissett to learn the playbook, and then cut him.

still doesnt make sense especially with moncrief and rogers still nursing injuries 

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Morris or tolzien will be cut

Sure.... was reading another post that suggested we are giving time for the new addition to learn the playbook a little and the cut the lesser of those two which makes sense.  Had not thought of it from that direction

4 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Sure.... was reading another post that suggested we are giving time for the new addition to learn the playbook a little and the cut the lesser of those two which makes sense.  Had not thought of it from that direction

I would assume the coaches know what they have in Morris and tolzien at this point