Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Roster Moves (Countdown to 53)

TKnight24

As the :colts: countdown/cut down to 53 players, I'll just post all the roster moves from here until kickoff into this thread to help keep the forum cleaner & smoother for you all and makes the mods job easier. Always take care of the mods, they'll take care of us haha

11 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

As the :colts: countdown/cut down to 53 players, I'll just post all the roster moves from here until kickoff into this thread to help keep the forum cleaner & smoother for you all and makes the mods job easier. Always take care of the mods, they'll take care of us haha

Pinned.

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Didnt see it posted but hey

I knew it would be overlooked lol. It's pinned up top and a lot of folks probably don't look at the pinned threads (I know I didn't until me & @Steamboat_Shaun agreed on the 53 thread) so it's cool. 

Maybe unpin it and just keep it alive so everyone sees it as a recent post. Idk haha

We'll figure this thing out 

16 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

I knew it would be overlooked lol. It's pinned up top and a lot of folks probably don't look at the pinned threads (I know I didn't until me & @Steamboat_Shaun agreed on the 53 thread) so it's cool. 

Maybe unpin it and just keep it alive so everyone sees it as a recent post. Idk haha

I'll merge & unpin. It'll be a high-traffic thread, so it'll be at the top regardless.

44 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

lol i completely missed it

The Indianapolis Colts have signed free agent running back De’Mard Llorens and waived tight end Steven Wroblewski.

Llorens (5-10, 212, 23) spent the spring and summer with the Los Angeles Rams before being waived last week. He was signed by the Rams as a rookie undrafted free agent in May.

Llorens was a very experienced player for Northwestern State, playing in 44 games. He had 444 carries for 2,381 yards (5.4 avg) and 25 touchdowns to go with 63 catches for 544 yards (8.6 avg) and 6 touchdowns.

Wroblewski is a fellow rookie who signed with the Colts on August 4. He appeared in all three preseason games and had 2 catches for 12 yards (6.0 avg).

Earlier today, the Colts signed free agent running back Daryl Richardson.

The Colts now have the following running backs: Frank Gore, Robert Turbin, Marlon Mack, Josh Ferguson, Troymaine Pope, Richardson and Llorens.

Also, the following tight ends: Jack Doyle, Erik Swoope, Brandon Williams, Darrell Daniels and Henry Krieger-Coble.

In a weird twist, I'm starting to think Luck plays week 2, if not week 1.......  JMV had Holder on, saying he wouldn't quote Pagano word for word, but that Pagano said the biggest reason Luck was not removed from PUP was gamesmanship...... if that's true, they are either breaking the rules, and letting Luck throw to WR's behind closed doors, or they are severely foolish...... It would also explain why they stuck with Tolzien, and really didn't seem to worry about who the "starting" QB is for week 1 out of he and Morris......   either way, I'm optimistic he plays sooner than later..... would be crazy week 1, but I see it as a possibility.

6 minutes ago, Everyone said:

Was the unpinned? It wasn't showing up for me, had to search for it.

I unpinned it assuming the amount of roster moves made over the next few days would keep it near the top by default. Also, people were overlooking it when it was pinned & they were starting threads for every player transaction. I'll keep an eye on it today, & if for some reason it drops too low I'll re-pin it.

14 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

In a weird twist, I'm starting to think Luck plays week 2, if not week 1.......  JMV had Holder on, saying he wouldn't quote Pagano word for word, but that Pagano said the biggest reason Luck was not removed from PUP was gamesmanship...... if that's true, they are either breaking the rules, and letting Luck throw to WR's behind closed doors, or they are severely foolish...... It would also explain why they stuck with Tolzien, and really didn't seem to worry about who the "starting" QB is for week 1 out of he and Morris......   either way, I'm optimistic he plays sooner than later..... would be crazy week 1, but I see it as a possibility.

Was this yesterday's show?

15 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

JMV has continued to say that he will miss the first 2 games.  He said he has the possibility to come back sooner but his money is on week 3 start.  His source told him that he was about 25 days or so away from being cleared.  Add practice in there and you are looking closer to week 3 or even week 4 for a return according to him.

Not sure what all Holder meant, but I highly doubt they have Luck throwing to Hilton or anyone not an equipment guy.  Why risk a violation?  He could easily be throwing to equipment guys though, who can be running whatever routes they are told.  This is what Manning would do as well.

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

JMV has continued to say that he will miss the first 2 games.  He said he has the possibility to come back sooner but his money is on week 3 start.  His source told him that he was about 25 days or so away from being cleared.  Add practice in there and you are looking closer to week 3 or even week 4 for a return according to him.

Not sure what all Holder meant, but I highly doubt they have Luck throwing to Hilton or anyone not an equipment guy.  Why risk a violation?  He could easily be throwing to equipment guys though, who can be running whatever routes they are told.  This is what Manning would do as well.

for all we know, he could be throwing to high school or even undrafted/unsigned WRs....