Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 8/11/17

TKnight24

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

1 hour ago, TKnight24 said:

1 hour ago, Indyfan4life said:

So it sounds like the entire O line is injured. 

alright, enough of this, anyone else still think there's no common denominator for all these injuries?!  I'm telling you its the damn practice field

1 hour ago, jchandler7 said:

I'm curious why no one has signed him or Gary Barnidge. Barnidge would still make a decent reliable veteran TE. Pasztor was a solid starting O-lineman and is still young. I assume it is due to $ but that's just a guess. 

The crazy thing right now you think they would just want a paycheck.

2 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

:agree:

:lol:

Glad we don't play them this year 

If we do, we could be better off facing them than anytime in Lucks time here: They've killed us with the run and we should be better at stopping it. We could get push up the middle and keep Brady from stepping up in the pocket. We should have a better run game. A healthy Andrew Luck and improved Oline. Malik Hooker and (hopefully Geathers). All speculation, I realize but so is crowning them before the season starts.

56 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:
2 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Their time isn't limited lol. As long as Bill is there, they will be contenders. 

*Brady

No he was right....Bill is the deciding factor.  Hints the 3-1 record last year with their #2 and #3 QB.  Oh and that year a terrible QB (Cassell) went 11-5.  Bill and that system make it happen.

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

Know he was right....Bill is the deciding factor.  Hints the 3-1 record last year with their #2 and #3 QB.  Oh and that year a terrible QB (Cassell) went 11-5.  Bill and that system make it happen.

Not sure the extent will ever be known, but it's no coincidence that the team routinely caught cheating is the one experiencing a preternatural run of success.  Bill has more shenanigans in mind, I'm sure...

4 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

This is time that Dorsett really needs.  I highly doubt he gets cut (as it is pointless), but he will end up riding the pine as he gets passed by Aiken and Rogers.

From what I heard Aiken isn't lighting the camp on fire.  Bug has outplayed him.

But that's just practice, right Duron?

In the Pats division, who is actually a contender to stop them? Dolphins? Jets? Bills?

They are going to the playoffs and you can pretty much pencil that in now. It's up to the rest of the AFC to challenge them in the playoffs. As of right now, I think it'll be back-to-back SuperBowl appearances for NE, unfortunately.

45 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

*Brady

34 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Know he was right....Bill is the deciding factor.  Hints the 3-1 record last year with their #2 and #3 QB.  Oh and that year a terrible QB (Cassell) went 11-5.  Bill and that system make it happen.

He said Brady haha Bill is the best coach in the NFL and it's not close. Like I said, they'll be contenders as long as Bill is there. 

4 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

That's how I would think but if your a millionaire you have plenty cushion to sit on and wait for somebody to offer more than the last guy.

But neither are.  Pasztor has only been paid really one solid year at like 1.6mil.  So if we just offered him a 1yr/1.5mil he should more than happy.

2 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

He said Brady haha Bill is the best coach in the NFL and it's not close. Like I said, they'll be contenders as long as Bill is there. 

Bill is a great coach, don't get me wrong. But when Brady goes 6/6 75(ish) yards and a TD against the Seahawks back in Super Bowl 49, I think Brady deserves as much, if not more credit than Belichek for the # of rings they have. 

Edit: Scratch that, 9/9  64 yards and a TD on the most important drive of the game. 

3 hours ago, Flash7 said:

In the Pats division, who is actually a contender to stop them? Dolphins? Jets? Bills?

They are going to the playoffs and you can pretty much pencil that in now. It's up to the rest of the AFC to challenge them in the playoffs. As of right now, I think it'll be back-to-back SuperBowl appearances for NE, unfortunately.

Why does no one hate on the patriots division? 

3 hours ago, Archer said:

Not sure the extent will ever be known, but it's no coincidence that the team routinely caught cheating is the one experiencing a preternatural run of success.  Bill has more shenanigans in mind, I'm sure...

You hit the bullseye with that "arrow", Archer.

27 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Why does no one hate on the patriots division? 

Because the Patriots take care of business almost every regular season and actually shows quality by beating proper quality teams in the playoffs. If they won their division and failed performing in the playoffs, i.e. having won 0 Super Bowls, they and their division would be called out. 

1 hour ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Bill is a great coach, don't get me wrong. But when Brady goes 6/6 75(ish) yards and a TD against the Seahawks back in Super Bowl 49, I think Brady deserves as much, if not more credit than Belichek for the # of rings they have. 

Edit: Scratch that, 9/9  64 yards and a TD on the most important drive of the game. 

Not saying Brady isn't a great QB. But they went 11-5 with a scrub a few years back. They won like 3 games last year while Brady was suspended? 

Bill is the heart of that team and the reason why they're so successful. As long as he is there, they will be a top team in the AFC. 

8 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Not saying Brady isn't a great QB. But they went 11-5 with a scrub a few years back. They won like 3 games last year while Brady was suspended? 

Bill is the heart of that team and the reason why they're so successful. As long as he is there, they will be a top team in the AFC. 

Even Brady knows this. IMO that is why he is not the highest paid QB in the league and don't demand it. I am quite sure Brady's agent thinks there is more money to be made off of him.

14 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

If you are assigning credit, Dan Quinn and Pete Carroll should get their shares. 

10 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Cant even escape Patriots talk in a freakin Colts training camp thread.

Speaking of training camp day two: interesting article from Detroit writers. Things that stood out to me were:

1. Sheard working on spin move. If he gets it down (or develops it) it could help the pass rush.

2. The Oline seemed to hold the Lions off, particularly in the middle

3. There was push from the Colts up the middle. 

4. DBs still need work

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017/8/11/16136060/day-2-lions-colts-joint-practice-recap-greg-robinson-injury-updates

On 8/11/2017 at 10:49 AM, TDewar1987 said:

No joke... lol. Pats are gonna be nasty this year.

Pats are overrated.  They weren't even close to the best team in the league last year, and they won't be this year...