Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

52 minutes ago, akcolt said:

My thoughts exactly particularly regarding the C's. I'll take it a step farther I don't see the young guys holding up and Kyrie won't be able to carry them. They have a bright future but I think the injury to Gordon gets them. I like the Raptors but it's hard to pick against Lebron. You know they make a deadline deal too. 

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

My problem with Boston is that they don't have that level of offense either...

..and they have a lot of younger players who will need to maintain their game through 3 playoff series...

Toronto is an issue for everyone in the East....and Cleveland has too much talent to keep playing the way they are,

There's been rumors of the C's wanting to go after Anthony Davis. Horford/Tatum and possibly a pick/future pick for Davis. If Boston can swing that, yikes. Tatum is getting the starts due to Heyward being out, but once Heyward is back next year, one is going to have to go to the bench and it won't be Heyward. Stevens loves big guys who can shoot.

11 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

There's been rumors of the C's wanting to go after Anthony Davis. Horford/Tatum and possibly a pick/future pick for Davis. If Boston can swing that, yikes. Tatum is getting the starts due to Heyward being out, but once Heyward is back next year, one if going to have to go to the bench and it won't be Heyward. Stevens loves big guys who can shoot.

I read yesterday that Golden St has their sights on Davis. I didn't read on so no idea how they plan to swing that.  I also read NO isn't not trading him and Davis wants to make it work in the big east. 

Boston has the mix of picks and young players you'd need for that kind of trade. There is no way I take an aging Horford Tatum and a pick it would take a lot more. 

I was happy to hear Davis wants to make it work in NO. I'm not a fan of the super teams. It can't be good for business

Just now, akcolt said:

I read yesterday that Golden St has their sights on Davis. I didn't read on so no idea how they plan to swing that.  I also read NO isn't not trading him and Davis wants to make it work in the big east. 

Boston has the mix of picks and young players you'd need for that kind of trade. There is no way I take an aging Horford Tatum and a pick it would take a lot more. 

I was happy to hear Davis wants to make it work in NO. I'm not a fan of the super teams. It can't be good for business

Golden State would have to give up Thompson and Green, at the least, for Davis. 

The only way I could see NO taking Horford is just to clear salary and possibly trade him in the offseason. Tatum would be a good pick up for them. Plus extra picks wouldn't hurt either. 

The sad thing is the NBA is openly allowing it. I don't see it ever changing or going away now. 

4 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I just saw Hayward and the C's expect him back for the playoffs 

That could make things really interesting. 

5 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I just saw Hayward and the C's expect him back for the playoffs 

Nothing is confirmed yet. But this is Hayward from recently via his wife:

"Celtics insiders" are saying the C's are hoping that they can get Hayward back 8 to 10 games before the regular season ends or around that mark.

But still nothing yet confirmed but he is trending positively in the right direction.

At the very least what looked to be near career ending possibly in game 1 is starting to look like he will be able to make a full recovery. If not this year then definitely by next season.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

There's been rumors of the C's wanting to go after Anthony Davis. Horford/Tatum and possibly a pick/future pick for Davis. If Boston can swing that, yikes. Tatum is getting the starts due to Heyward being out, but once Heyward is back next year, one is going to have to go to the bench and it won't be Heyward. Stevens loves big guys who can shoot.

Those Anthony Davis rumors been around a long time, going back from last summer. No doubt though most teams would love to add Anthony Davis. My goodness when that guy is on he can look like the best player in the NBA.

For any team to get him would take A LOT to give up and a lot of future money and also the Pelicans have said they have no desire to move him now.

If NO plays to their talent levels, they are a pretty good team. I can never figure out why their record is so average. They are kinda top heavy though.

• Like 1

Just now, Jules said:

Those Anthony Davis rumors been around a long time, going back from last summer. No doubt though most teams would love to add Anthony Davis. My goodness when that guy is on he can look like the best player in the NBA.

I could only imagine what Brad Stevens could do with him.

3 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I know they weren't at full strength, but it is weird to not only beat the Spurs on the road, but also sweep them this season. I think I heard that this was the first time a team had swept the Spurs in 3 years.

Pretty tough to sweep the Spurs. Very very tough.

Spurs have some interesting injury issues lately though but they are still brutal. Defensively they are back to #2 in the league behind Boston. Both C's and Spurs have had some offensive issues lately that they have to work out if they want to be a legit threat in the playoffs later.

There are a lot of teams in slumps lately who will be in the postseason, but it's still only January so there is time left.

27 minutes ago, Jules said:

Nothing is confirmed yet. But this is Hayward from recently via his wife:

"Celtics insiders" are saying the C's are hoping that they can get Hayward back 8 to 10 games before the regular season ends or around that mark.

But still nothing yet confirmed but he is trending positively in the right direction.

At the very least what looked to be near career ending possibly in game 1 is starting to look like he will be able to make a full recovery. If not this year then definitely by next season.

The same was said about Paul George after his leg injury. Some said he would never come back or at least not come back the same player, and he returned in the same season for the last 5 or 6 regular season games.

People were saying that would not be the case with Hayward's injury but I always felt there was a chance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jules said:

I love Anthony Davis lol. Hope New Orleans makes the playoffs. 

He's a great player He has stretched his game out to the 3pt line the last couple of seasons. That doesn't seem fair but his health is always a concern. He really needs help after Boogie and Holiday if the Pelicans are going to make any noise. They are running E'Twain Moore out at the 3. I like Moore a PU(must've lost a bet) grad and Indiana kid. He is 6'4 SG and a nice bench piece not a starting SF. Rondo who's better days are behind him is their starting PG with 36 yr old J Nelson behind him. That's not scaring anyone. 

The kid I'd like to see the Pacers look at Jordan Clarkson. He just went for 29 6 and 10 helpers after hanging 33 on us. That scoring would be nice coming off our bench but he could start for NO.  The  Lakers want to dump his and Randle's contracts prepping for FA this summer.  I don't follow NO to know their financial situation. 

6 hours ago, akcolt said:

He's a great player He has stretched his game out to the 3pt line the last couple of seasons. That doesn't seem fair but his health is always a concern. He really needs help after Boogie and Holiday if the Pelicans are going to make any noise. They are running E'Twain Moore out at the 3. I like Moore a PU(must've lost a bet) grad and Indiana kid. He is 6'4 SG and a nice bench piece not a starting SF. Rondo who's better days are behind him is their starting PG with 36 yr old J Nelson behind him. That's not scaring anyone. 

The kid I'd like to see the Pacers look at Jordan Clarkson. He just went for 29 6 and 10 helpers after hanging 33 on us. That scoring would be nice coming off our bench but he could start for NO.  The  Lakers want to dump his and Randle's contracts prepping for FA this summer.  I don't follow NO to know their financial situation. 

Not sure he'd be a good point guard for the Pacers. Pacers would probably want a pick in return as well.

1 hour ago, IndyScribe said:

I r to get a rerrttrttrtttttuhNot sure he'd be a good point guard for the Pacers. Pacers would probably want a pick in return as well.

What? A pick in return for what? I only said I'd like for us to look at Clarkson. I think he'd be a nice piece coming off our bench. I didn't say anything about playing the point There wasn't any speculation on what we send to LA.

The Lakers are clearing the books to buy free agents this summer so Al would make sense  LA doesn't want players or picks they want to have as much money freed up as they can for free agency. 

I feel like the second unit is to dependent on Lance if he's not going it's a problem. We have trouble scoring at times when Dipo comes out I think Clarkson would help He could become our 6th man he's still young and improving. You can't have enough wings. 

As as far as the Pelicans Jrue could play the 1. He played there at UCLA and Philly

On 1/19/2018 at 11:05 AM, RockThatBlue said:

How does Damien Lillard get 30,000 less all star votes than Lonzo Ball? Lol what a joke. I'm not even saying this to hate on Lonzo, but that's ridiculous. Lillards gotta be one of the most underrated players in the league.

Because the all start voting is a joke. It's a popularity contest.  Yao Ming was an all star every year he played.  You could argue he had 4 good all star years, not 7.  Lonzo is more popular than Lilliard.  He should get the respect of the coaches to get voted in though, but who knows.  This year will be really interesting with LeBron and Curry picking the teams.  If LeBron's team isn't doing well, he may have to throw another temper tantrum in the locker room.  Throw a chair or two and tell everyone that he could trade anyone of you .......... lol

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:37 AM, akcolt said:

Clarkson makes $13 mil.....

...we could take that but hes another guard. We have 5 guards....Victor, Cory Joseph. Lance, Darren C. and ..Joe Young, who doesn't play much now.

I guess the question would be...'who sits or gets traded so Clarkson can play?"

19 hours ago, akcolt said:

What? A pick in return for what? I only said I'd like for us to look at Clarkson. I think he'd be a nice piece coming off our bench. I didn't say anything about playing the point There wasn't any speculation on what we send to LA.

The Lakers are clearing the books to buy free agents this summer so Al would make sense  LA doesn't want players or picks they want to have as much money freed up as they can for free agency. 

I feel like the second unit is to dependent on Lance if he's not going it's a problem. We have trouble scoring at times when Dipo comes out I think Clarkson would help He could become our 6th man he's still young and improving. You can't have enough wings. 

As as far as the Pelicans Jrue could play the 1. He played there at UCLA and Philly

For taking the salary. I don't want Clarkson at all.

38 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

If the Cavs have a problem with kevin Love..I've got a solution

Thad Young and Bogan Bogdanovic ...to Cleveland...Love to Indy.

There's that 2nd all-star to team with Victor

We'd be very limited at the 3 spot, and I'm pretty sure after the season concluded Love would be gone. 

9 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

We'd be very limited at the 3 spot, and I'm pretty sure after the season concluded Love would be gone. 

Lance has played the '3' a lot and Glenn Robinson is a '3';

Kevin Love is in der contact through 2020 at $24 mil a year....

The matching salaries is why we'd have to send the Cavs two players plus, they need a defender like Thad Young

On 1/23/2018 at 7:19 AM, oldunclemark said:

Clarkson makes $13 mil.....

...we could take that but hes another guard. We have 5 guards....Victor, Cory Joseph. Lance, Darren C. and ..Joe Young, who doesn't play much now.

I guess the question would be...'who sits or gets traded so Clarkson can play?"

We'd have to send Al and Joey Buckets contracts to LA. Clarkson would slide in on the second unit.  He'd give us scoring off the bench something we could use. He's averaged 14.5 or more pts per game the last 3 seasons. He looks like a guy who could be our 6th man for the future. He's 6'5 with good length and can play 1-3. We don't have a scorer coming off the bench. He'd take pressure off Dipo. 

I don't see it happening with Myles inability to stay on the court this season we need Al. I doubt LA is in a hurry to deal with us after the tampering stuff anyway. You can never have too many guys who can score the ball and its not everyday teams are giving away young wings. 

Pivotal game Friday...

We've got 3 very winnable games after that.

But the Cavs are almost in a must-win situation...

.......Looks like they might have a new player Friday, too.

Weve got a chance to get to 30-22...  But The Cavs have to win. Theyre desperate....Hope we're ready

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Now dipo is out there making crazy superstar plays lol between the legs pass to sabonis I love it! How he's not an all star starter is beyond me!! fans are so stupid when it comes to voting lol dipo is better on D and is as good or better on offense then derozan 

I wouldn't let it bother you, we are a small market team + it's Dipo's 1st season where he has dominated. If he continues to play like this for a couple more seasons, he will eventually get the treatment Paul George got while here. Meanwhile he made the All-Star team and we are sitting pretty for a Playoff Spot through 48 games at 26-22. So I am extremely happy with the way our season is going. The Pistons who are currently in 9th are 22-24 and struggling bigtime. Knicks who are in 10th are 21-27 and in deep doo. We could probably be .500 the rest of the season now and still make the Playoffs. I don't think the Pistons or Knicks are Good teams. I think at worse we finish 8th, if we play Good to Great down the stretch we may finish as high as 3rd. I know that sounds funny but the Cavs who are currently in 3rd look like a dumpster fire right now. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wouldn't let it bother you, we are a small market team + it's Dipo's 1st season where he has dominated. If he continues to play like this for a couple more seasons, he will eventually get the treatment Paul George got while here. Meanwhile he made the All-Star team and we are sitting pretty for a Playoff Spot through 48 games at 26-22. So I am extremely happy with the way our season is going. The Pistons who are currently in 9th are 22-24 and struggling bigtime. Knicks who are in 10th are 21-27 and in deep doo. We could probably be .500 the rest of the season now and still make the Playoffs. I don't think the Pistons or Knicks are Good teams. I think at worse we finish 8th, if we play Good to Great down the stretch we may finish as high as 3rd. I know that sounds funny but the Cavs who are currently in 3rd look like a dumpster fire right now. 

Cavs are going to get George Hill and/or Lou Williams/DeAndre Jordan though haha LeBron can never have enough help.  Times are getting tough in Cleveland so that makes me believe he's gone next year!  I am thinking Rockets super team, or forming his own super team with George Cousins or two other superstars elsewhere.  Your right though, the East is wide open. I see the Pacers finishing around 5th this year.  Lowest would be 8th.  I think they could potentially get to 4th. I think Boston, Toronto and Cleveland will be higher seeds at the end of the year though.  Any teams below that, the Pacers are just as good as if not better than.  I'd love to see the Cavs get 3 and Pacers 6.  Pacers have dominated the Cavs this year, just a bad match up for Cleveland. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Cavs are going to get George Hill and/or Lou Williams/DeAndre Jordan though haha LeBron can never have enough help.  Times are getting tough in Cleveland so that makes me believe he's gone next year!  I am thinking Rockets super team, or forming his own super team with George Cousins or two other superstars elsewhere.  Your right though, the East is wide open. I see the Pacers finishing around 5th this year.  Lowest would be 8th.  I think they could potentially get to 4th. I think Boston, Toronto and Cleveland will be higher seeds at the end of the year though.  Any teams below that, the Pacers are just as good as if not better than.  I'd love to see the Cavs get 3 and Pacers 6.  Pacers have dominated the Cavs this year, just a bad match up for Cleveland. 

Yes it's wide open and tough to figure out who is a contender and who is a pretender. I am not sure if we could even beat Miami in a series, then again I am not sure that we cant upset someone like Washington or Cleveland either. Milwaukee is also puzzling, they are loaded with talent so is Philly. A bunch of streaky teams in the East where teams play Bad and then play Great. Even Boston just lost 4 in a row until they won last night and who can trust Toronto as they choke every year in the Playoffs.

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes it's wide open and tough to figure out who is a contender and who is a pretender. I am not sure if we could even beat Miami in a series, then again I am not sure that we cant upset someone like Washington or Cleveland either. Milwaukee is also puzzling, they are loaded with talent so is Philly. A bunch of streaky teams in the East where teams play Bad and then play Great. Even Boston just lost 4 in a row until they won last night and who can trust Toronto as they choke every year in the Playoffs.

I agree.  I think the 76ers are to up and down same with the Heat.  I think the Raptors will do better this year in the playoffs.  I think their bench will help with their past struggles.  They might look to make a trade at the deadline too.   I see the top 3 teams staying the same.  Boston and Toronto could(doubtful) swap 1 and 2 but I think it'll be Boston, Toronto Cleveland.  I think if the Celtics make a trade or if a miracle happens and Hayward comes back, that they could dethrone the Cavs.  The East is still pretty weak but the Cavs making it to the Finals this year isn't a for sure thing.  I think they are still favorites but it's not a for sure thing.  They play 0 defense.  LeBron has been terrible in defensive efficiency this year, Love, Thomas and Smith are horrible defenders too.  The Cavs are in trouble.  I really think the Warriors would sweep them in the Finals. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I dont want to go against LeBron.... I'd rather play Washington or Boston, if they don't have Hayward.

The Cavs wont be the same team in April that they are now