Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

2 of 25 on 3s.....38% from the field....

Some of our shooters have lost some confidence...bad loss

No legs we need to find a way in San Antonio and pull this road trip from the fire after it started so well

Two straight games of 86 is not good news heading to San Antonio Sunday. It seems like when people are over confident about the team they play poorly, and when people are overly critical of the team they win 5 in a row.

I hate the way our offense gets when we just play through one person on every possession. You're not going to win many games without ball movement.

9 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Two straight games of 86 is not good news heading to San Antonio Sunday. It seems like when people are over confident about the team they play poorly, and when people are overly critical of the team they win 5 in a row.

I hate the way our offense gets when we just play through one person on every possession. You're not going to win many games without ball movement.

we do that but we have to have outside shooting.

When you set up 3s and cant make them...you either go to the post or isolate with your best player....

Sabonis was OK.....but guys like Lance and Bogdonavic have to make shots.....

Our defense is OK.....last 2 nights we just haven't made shots...we had almost 100 shots tonight.. (actually 97).......you gotta make shots

15 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

we do that but we have to have outside shooting.

When you set up 3s and cant make them...you either go to the post or isolate with your best player....

Sabonis was OK.....but guys like Lance and Bogdonavic have to make shots.....

Our defense is OK.....last 2 nights we just haven't made shots...we had almost 100 shots tonight.. (actually 97).......you gotta make shots

DC too he was 1-9 and 0-4 from deep We could really use another shooter 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Thats why I said Thad, anyone else but Dipo/Turner/Sabonis, and our 1st. I'm not saying it would be enough to work, but I would at least throw it out and make them say "no thanks". I just don't what know Kemba's value is when it comes to his next contract. 

It would be an adjustment for him to play with Oladipo...but it could work..

.....Cory Joseph would have to be part of the deal...because his playing time would be eliminated

They have bad contracts they want to get rid of but Nicholas Batum (who would help us) makes an insane $25 mil.

I do understand what you are suggesting.

Its hard to acquire all-star caliber players (the guys you need to compete for conference titles).

You don't get many chances. Acquiring Kemba would give us 2 of them. We'd have a backcourt like Portland or Toronto

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I thought we would win tonight but you cant shoot 2-25 from 3 and beat anyone. Pacers are usually a solid 3 point shooting team. It was just one of those nights. It's also been a long West Coast road trip, maybe we have no legs. Collison and Lance both shot a combined 2-21. Maybe we are starting to miss Turner as well?

That's what is frustrating..Shooting 3s is one of our strengths...

You make a good point about us getting tired....  The all-star break will help us.

I didn't count on us beating San Antonio.....that's a lot to ask for anybody

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Any chance the Pacers swing a trade for Kemba?  I saw one proposal that was

Indiana receives: Kemba Walker

Charlotte receives: Al Jefferson, TJ Leaf, 1st round pick

I saw another that had Indy giving away Collison, Bog, Leaf and a first round pick for Walker and Howard/Batum

If the Hornets would make that first deal, I'd do it in a second..

Big Al is 32....TJ is a nice player but we eventually want to play Sabonis and Turner together..and our 1st round pick is going to be about 15th..Kemba is signed for next year..

The second deal is a problem because Batum makes $24-$25 mil a year....(Yeah I couldn't believe it either) he would help us immediately but he's signed for 2 more years and we'd be stuck with him..

Edited by oldunclemark

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Any chance the Pacers swing a trade for Kemba?  I saw one proposal that was

Indiana receives: Kemba Walker

Charlotte receives: Al Jefferson, TJ Leaf, 1st round pick

I saw another that had Indy giving away Collison, Bog, Leaf and a first round pick for Walker and Howard/Batum

To the bolded,  I don't think there would be any way to swing that with our salary. I agree with Mark though, if that first option works, I'm signing the papers immediately.

39 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

If the Hornets would make that first deal, I'd do it in a second..

Big Al is 32....TJ is a nice player but we eventually want to play Sabonis and Turner together..and our 1st round pick is going to be about 15th..Kemba is signed for next year..

The second deal is a problem because Batum makes $24-$25 mil a year....(Yeah I couldn't believe it either) he would help us immediately but he's signed for 2 more years and we'd be stuck with him..

Adding Kemba would be unreal.  A starting five of Kemba/Oladipo/Bog/Thad/Turner with a bench of Collison, Stephenson, Joseph, and Sabonis.  That has a lot of potential.

11 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Adding Kemba would be unreal.  A starting five of Kemba/Oladipo/Bog/Thad/Turner with a bench of Collison, Stephenson, Joseph, and Sabonis.  That has a lot of potential.

The more I think about it..the more I think Blue us right...

We need more firepower..and Collison would probably agree to go to the bench and lead the second unit

We're unlikely to get a player of Walker's ability where we're picking in the draft and he wont be a free agent after this year.

Even if we had to give them Bogdonavic, I'd consider it

21.7 and 5.8 assists per game....he's no illusion...its real

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

That looks very appealing on our end.  I would think we are at least seeing what it would take to bring him in.

If it were only Jefferson Leaf and our 1st that'd be great but I don't think that will get it done. We don't have much else to offer.  

I just read at Rotoworld Walker doesn't want to go He's building a house and is tied to the community He wants to be one of the guys that stays w/the same team his hole career 

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The more I think about it..the more I think Blue us right...

We need more firepower..and Collison would probably agree to go to the bench and lead the second unit

We're unlikely to get a player of Walker's ability where we're picking in the draft and he wont be a free agent after this year.

Even if we had to give them Bogdonavic, I'd consider it

I'd do it in a heartbeat Lance is great when he's great but too many games like last night to count on him as much as we do.  DC off the bench would help  Maybe they'd toss in Lamb or Beacon  Both wings who can shoot the ball neither sees much time for the Hornets 

7 minutes ago, akcolt said:

That looks very appealing on our end.  I would think we are at least seeing what it would take to bring him in.

If it were only Jefferson Leaf and our 1st that'd be great but I don't think that will get it done. We don't have much else to offer.  

I just read at Rotoworld Walker doesn't want to go He's building a house and is tied to the community He wants to be one of the guys that stays w/the same team his hole career 

I saw that, too....and he's from NY, right? but he's due a new contract after next year...and we're talking $25 mil a year at least.

He can stay if he settles for less...but does he love North Carolina that much?

I'd take him for a year and a half

Edited by oldunclemark

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

I saw that, too....and he's from NY, right? but he's due a new contract after next year...and we're talking $25 mil a year at least.

He can stay if he settles for less...but does he love North Carolina that much?

I'd take him for a year and a half

I am not expecting much at the deadline. It would be nice to make a move to at least add to the bench.  We don't have a lot to work with. Al is a good piece but with Turner's inability to stay on the floor that's risky. I don't think we let go of our 1st round pick and we shouldn't unless it's for a real piece like Walker. 

8 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I am not expecting much at the deadline. It would be nice to make a move to at least add to the bench.  We don't have a lot to work with. Al is a good piece but with Turner's inability to stay on the floor that's risky. I don't think we let go of our 1st round pick and we shouldn't unless it's for a real piece like Walker. 

Charlotte has a guy named Marvin Williams.a 6-foot-9 forward...good distance shooter (45% on 3s)

He makes $13 mil a year for 2 more years and he's not playing well right now...

But he's the kind of shooter, we could use off the bench.

I dont know all the rules on matching salaries I trades...but Al Jefferson and Bogan Bogdanovic would be the likely trade players

Watching OKC play Cleveland and then Houston playing Golden State...

..there is a level of offensive firepower on their rosters that we are not close to.

....For all the talk and coach-speak about defense, if you dont have a half dozen guys (including 2 or 3 top caliber scorers) who can produce points in the 2nd half against top teams, you have almost no chance to win any playoff series in todays NBA

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Watching OKC play Cleveland and then Houston playing Golden State...

..there is a level of offensive firepower on their rosters that we are not close to.

....For all the talk and coach-speak about defense, if you dont have a half dozen guys (including 2 or 3 top caliber scorers) who can produce points in the 2nd half against top teams, you have almost no chance to win any playoff series in todays NBA

Yep I agree. The Warriors, Rockets, and Thunder all 3 arguably could be the best teams in the NBA. Thunder are now finally playing the way they should be. I still put Boston in the Top 3 for now but Thunder has more firepower on Offense. Cavs are in deep doo doo IMO and the Spurs are old and sluggish. Spurs wont be a threat if Leonard cant get healthy. Regarding the Pacers, I think we are a Good team but not a Championship contender. I see us being between a 6th-8th Seed (around 42-44 wins) which is respectable but it will be tough winning a Playoff series.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep I agree. The Warriors, Rockets, and Thunder all 3 arguably could be the best teams in the NBA. Thunder are now finally playing the way they should be. I still put Boston in the Top 3 for now but Thunder has more firepower on Offense. Cavs are in deep doo doo IMO and the Spurs are old and sluggish. Spurs wont be a threat if Leonard cant get healthy. Regarding the Pacers, I think we are a Good team but not a Championship contender. I see us being between a 6th-8th Seed (around 42-44 wins) which is respectable but it will be tough winning a Playoff series.

My problem with Boston is that they don't have that level of offense either...

..and they have a lot of younger players who will need to maintain their game through 3 playoff series...

Toronto is an issue for everyone in the East....and Cleveland has too much talent to keep playing the way they are,

The Pacers have to upgrade the bench and I wish they'd go for it this year. Boston will have Jason Hayward back next year, Cleveland will have things straightened out and the 76ers might finally have gotten serious about actually winning something other than social media battles

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I know they weren't at full strength, but it is weird to not only beat the Spurs on the road, but also sweep them this season. I think I heard that this was the first time a team had swept the Spurs in 3 years.

Our results don't make much sense...3-0 vs. Cleveland..2-0 vs. the Spurs

1-3 vs. Detroit

...but this was a major hurdle..these 5 games.....Pheonix Wednesday and the Cavs Friday....

the schedule eases up for a couple of weeks

13 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

..and they have a lot of younger players who will need to maintain their game through 3 playoff series...

Toronto is an issue for everyone in the East....and Cleveland has too much talent to keep playing the way they are,

The Pacers have to upgrade the bench and I wish they'd go for it this year. Boston will have Jason Hayward back next year, Cleveland will have things straightened out and the 76ers might finally have gotten serious about actually winning something other than social media battles

My thoughts exactly particularly regarding the C's. I'll take it a step farther I don't see the young guys holding up and Kyrie won't be able to carry them. They have a bright future but I think the injury to Gordon gets them. I like the Raptors but it's hard to pick against Lebron. You know the Cavs make a deadline deal too. 

The Pacers with a big win tonight it takes a little of the sting out of that mess in LA. People can say what the want about who wasn't in the line up its still just the 3rd home lose for the Spurs. It was a team effort 4 players in double figures scoring and four more with 9 still just 4/19 from deep. 

13 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

My thoughts exactly particularly regarding the C's. I'll take it a step farther I don't see the young guys holding up and Kyrie won't be able to carry them. They have a bright future but I think the injury to Gordon gets them. I like the Raptors but it's hard to pick against Lebron. You know they make a deadline deal too. 

The Pacers big win tonight it takes a little of the sting out of that mess in LA. People can say what the want about who wasn't in the line up its still just the 3rd home lose for the Spurs. It was a team effort 4 players in double figures scoring and for more with 9