Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had a feeling the Pacers would lose tonight. It's tough for any team to sweep a West Coast trip. I think we beat LA tomorrow, Lonzo and Pope are both out. The Celtics will get the #1 Seed easily this season so I wouldn't worry about them. Their Offense does concern me a bit at times though. I think Pacers will end up 6th or 7th in the end and probably play Toronto or LeBron.

I'd rather play any team in the east except the Raptors. They may be the number 1 seed by seasons end. They are only 2.5 games back. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had a feeling the Pacers would lose tonight. It's tough for any team to sweep a West Coast trip. I think we beat LA tomorrow, Lonzo and Pope are both out. The Celtics will get the #1 Seed easily this season so I wouldn't worry about them. Their Offense does concern me a bit at times though. I think Pacers will end up 6th or 7th in the end and probably play Toronto or LeBron.

CBE; I just this week realized that the Pacers play Golden State twice in the last two weeks and we have 6 of our final 8 on the road....So, the Pacers need to get to 8 to 10 above .500 before that time.

There is a chance the Warriors will be resting players the final 2 weeks but obviously there is a chance they wont

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

How does Damien Lillard get 30,000 less all star votes than Lonzo Ball? Lol what a joke. I'm not even saying this to hate on Lonzo, but that's ridiculous. Lillards gotta be one of the most underrated players in the league.

It is a crying shame.  He is so overlooked to be in my opinion a top 5 guard in the league.  Spot on!!  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

How is everything 'right on schedule' but the injury is 'worse than they thought'???

They updated the injury back in October. So he is right on schedule from that time.

Actually reports said he practiced on January 7th and that he is ahead of schedule. 

17 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Watching the Minnesota-Houston game on TNT, I keep looking hopefully at the 'Upcoming National TV schedule"

I dont know why. The Pacers aren't on it. They aren't going to be on it. The Knicks and Clippers and OKC are on every week.. I understand Cleveland. Boston and Golden State.

But the Clippers?

It's LA.. Look at the Lakers, regardless of how bad they've been they keep getting national exposure. They are the Cowboys of the NBA. Look at the bigger picture, and I don't understand why, but all of the leagues are about the LA markets. 

Off-topic, but in relation to the Pacers, Charlotte has Kemba Walker on the trade block. I didn't realize Kemba's deal was only 4/48, and even though he's in his last year of his deal, would it be worth taking a look at what it would take to get him. DC has played well for us, but I feel he would be even better off the bench with Lance. If there was prime opportunity to move Thad/2nd player and our -  what looks to be a middle'ish 1st round pick, I think we should give a hard look at Kemba. Plus, he's only 27. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Dipo in our back-court for the next 4 or 5 years. I still think we need to get Sabonis and Turner on the court together at some point. 

10 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

It's LA.. Look at the Lakers, regardless of how bad they've been they keep getting national exposure. They are the Cowboys of the NBA. Look at the bigger picture, and I don't understand why, but all of the leagues are about the LA markets. 

It's because they are a huge market and have won 10 Championships since 1980. They be could 0-82 and still get hype lmao. I think we beat them tonight.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's because they are a huge market and have won 10 Championships since 1980. They be could 0-82 and still get hype lmao. I think we beat them tonight.

I know they are a huge "tv/media" market, but they couldn't even fill a 30,000 seat stadium with the Rams and Chargers. Only until recently did the Clippers start to sell out (when they got Paul/Griffin and began winning). At one point you could literally sit court side for a Clippers game at the cost of what it would be to sit in the upper level of a Lakers game. Outside of the Lakers, LA could really care less about sports now. That city is the epitome of "fair weather". Sorry @Jules lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

I know they are a huge "tv/media" market, but they couldn't even fill a 30,000 seat stadium with the Rams and Chargers. Only until recently did the Clippers start to sell out (when they got Paul/Griffin and began winning). At one point you could literally sit court side for a Clippers game at the cost of what it would be to sit in the upper level of a Lakers game. Outside of the Lakers, LA could really care less about sports now. That city is the epitome of "fair weather". Sorry @Jules lol

Dodgers are great though but I get your point. If the Lakers are Great everyone loves them and when they aren't winning their fans do tend to disappear.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dodgers are great though but I get your point. If the Lakers are Great everyone loves them and when they aren't winning their fans do tend to disappear.

They have gotten better, but if you go back and look at the playoffs 2 years ago when they were playing the Cubs, that stadium was half empty, and it was that way for all of their home games. 

Just now, BleedBlu8792 said:

They have gotten better, but if you go back and look at the playoffs 2 years ago when they were playing the Cubs, that stadium was half empty, and it was that way for all of their home games. 

That is true. I am a Cubs fan and found it funny that half the people were cheering for the Cubs in that stadium when the games were in LA.

1 minute ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Same here.. 

I know this is a Basketball Thread but I have been a Cubs fan since their 1984 Season. I started watching them when I was real young on WGN and they were Good that year and exciting to watch. So glad they finally won a WS! Around here it was either Reds or Cubs when I was younger. I liked the Cubs.

3 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Off-topic, but in relation to the Pacers, Charlotte has Kemba Walker on the trade block. I didn't realize Kemba's deal was only 4/48, and even though he's in his last year of his deal, would it be worth taking a look at what it would take to get him. DC has played well for us, but I feel he would be even better off the bench with Lance. If there was prime opportunity to move Thad/2nd player and our -  what looks to be a middle'ish 1st round pick, I think we should give a hard look at Kemba. Plus, he's only 27. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Dipo in our back-court for the next 4 or 5 years. I still think we need to get Sabonis and Turner on the court together at some point. 

Its a good thought but I'm afraid we don't have what other teams can offer.

Our No,1 pick isn't going to get him and who would they want on our team other than our young players like Turner and Sabonis.

He's have to agree to an extension before we get him

3 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Blue the Clippers arent the Lakers...Nobody cares about them except the LAPD

6 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

They updated the injury back in October. So he is right on schedule from that time.

Actually reports said he practiced on January 7th and that he is ahead of schedule. 

I have read where he's nowhere near returning......I hope he can get on the floor by the end of March 

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Its a good thought but I'm afraid we don't have what other teams can offer.

Our No,1 pick isn't going to get him and who would they want on our team other than our young players like Turner and Sabonis.

He's have to agree to an extension before we get him

Thats why I said Thad, anyone else but Dipo/Turner/Sabonis, and our 1st. I'm not saying it would be enough to work, but I would at least throw it out and make them say "no thanks". I just don't what know Kemba's value is when it comes to his next contract. 

18 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Thats why I said Thad, anyone else but Dipo/Turner/Sabonis, and our 1st. I'm not saying it would be enough to work, but I would at least throw it out and make them say "no thanks". I just don't what know Kemba's value is when it comes to his next contract. 

The salaries would match but why would they want an older player?

I wish it was a good fit but I dont think it is..

....unless we get into a 4 or 5 player trade

37 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Not now, but the last 3 - 4 years they were outselling the Laker games..

a couple of years ago the 'dog show' was outselling the Lakers

I would think one of the 3 networks that does NBA basketball could put the Pacers on once or twice

I wouldnt want to take away from the 27 times the Knicks are on but maybe just one or two Indiana games

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The salaries would match but why would they want an older player?

I wish it was a good fit but I dont think it is..

....unless we get into a 4 or 5 player trade

Looking at their F situation he'd be an immediate upgrade. He's got a decent cap value as well at ~10M. What I posed was purely hypothetical, but I agree it would probably take a couple of teams to get involved to make it work.

12 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

a couple of years ago the 'dog show' was outselling the Lakers

I would think one of the 3 networks that does NBA basketball could put the Pacers on once or twice

I wouldnt want to take away from the 27 times the Knicks are on but maybe just one or two Indiana games

I don't disagree

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I have read where he's nowhere near returning......I hope he can get on the floor by the end of March 

That's not good news. Where did you see that? 

We need to refocus in this game Things were easy in the 1st quarter and we came out sloppy in the 2nd quarter. I lost track of the lay ups we gave up. That and Lance did all he could to shoot us out of it. He took 6 shots last night put up that many in 7 minutes tonight. He's yet to hit one.

We better come out ready to play D in the second half. We have made this game harder then it had to be. 

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I saw it Rotoworld He said he's feeling great itching to get back. The practice was just half court drills. Nate said he isn't close. 

Vic might need to take this over 

25 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I saw it Rotoworld He said he's feeling great itching to get back. The practice was just half court drills. Nate said he isn't close. 

He said himself his goal is to be back before the end of January. I'd be shocked if he wasn't in the lineup the first game after the all star break at the latest.

39 minutes ago, akcolt said:

He was in our local paper up here..  Said the same thing. Not close.

This game is a real struggle...down.83-81..5:00 left