Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They are getting away with everything, pushing off, etc.. That is why they are killing us on the Boards. That last play their backup Center just shoved his way in and slammed it in on an Offensive Rebound. I can tell this game is in Portland.

This is a tough place to play.....and we're seeing why..

6 minutes ago, akcolt said:

That's 6 pts we've given up to end quarters The slop was the pass 

Yep bad pass by Big Al - I agree, we are down 8 now. I had a bad feeling about this game from the beginning. They do tend to get away with a lot there too over the years and we are due to lose one. I honestly didn't think we would sweep this West Coast Trip, I had us going 3-2 actually (so far we are 2-0). We should beat LA tomorrow - Lonzo is out too, and we still could beat the Spurs?

The Trail Blazers have always been a tough matchup for us. It is usually because Lillard and McCollum shoot us out of the gym. This would have been a nice one to pick up with the two struggling but we've been cold in the 4th. Not to mention that the role players for the Blazers have stepped up.

Also Sabonis still gets screwed every game. He's too nice and the refs take advantage of him.

• Like 1

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

The Trail Blazers have always been a tough matchup for us. It is usually because Lillard and McCollum shoot us out of the gym. This would have been a nice one to pick up with the two struggling but we've been cold in the 4th. Not to mention that the role players for the Blazers have stepped up.

Also Sabonis still gets screwed every game. He's too nice and the refs take advantage of him.

One of these days Sabonis will lose it haha. Yeah we are still 24-21 and should beat the Lakers tomorrow. If we can go 3-2 on this trip I consider it a success.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is sick and shouldn't be out there. What is a sad SACK of Poo is we are letting Naper beat us. That dude isn't even that good. Lillard has had an off night.

When Lance and CoJo aren't scoring our second team is non existent nights like this Joe Young needs to look to score He can score the ball. The offensive boards and second half turnovers didn't help. We let Dame get going vs the 2's. 

Portland is a good team They will be in the playoffs and are a dark horse in the west IMO. Lillard can ball with anyone. This was going to be a tough one to get. We need to regroup and make sure we handle our business vs LA with the Spurs on Sunday SA has only lost 2 home games all season 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, akcolt said:

When Lance and CoJo aren't scoring our second team is non existent nights like this Joe Young needs to look to score He can score the ball. The offensive boards and second half turnovers didn't help. We let Dame get going vs the 2's. 

Portland is a good team They will be in the playoffs and are a dark horse in the west IMO. Lillard can ball with anyone. This was going to be a tough one to get. We need to regroup and make sure we handle our business vs LA with the Spurs on Sunday SA has only lost 2 home games all season 

I had us beating Suns, Jazz, and Lakers but losing tonight and to the Spurs before this trip. I will take 3-2. We need to win tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

One of these days Sabonis will lose it haha. Yeah we are still 24-21 and should beat the Lakers tomorrow. If we can go 3-2 on this trip I consider it a success.

I'm not so certain on the Lakers game tomorrow. They play with a lot of energy and I don't know how much this team will have on a back to back. If we win either tomorrow or against the Spurs I would agree that the trip was a success.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'm not so certain on the Lakers game tomorrow. They play with a lot of energy and I don't know how much this team will have on a back to back. If we win either tomorrow or against the Spurs I would agree that the trip was a success.

The Lakers are 0-7 in games Lonzo Ball doesn't play. Last I heard he is out again. We have usually bounced back well from a loss this season too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Collison..23 points...five 3s and no turnovers

...but we just didn't have anything on the bench tonight without Lance

When are we expecting GR3 back? I am hoping see him soon The second unit could use the help We are pretty tough to handle when Lance has the jumper going

We knew this would be a tough one We really need to get the Lakers I think we will we've been good at winning the games we should 

9 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The San Antonio game will depend on who plays and who doesn't, I guess

I'm not sure it matters to the Spurs they are 19-2 at home this season We can certainly win it but it'll take 48 mins of good ball We won't dig out of a hole at SA

I expected 3-2 for the roadie hoped for 4-1 and still do 

1 minute ago, akcolt said:

When are we expecting GR3 back? I am hoping see him soon The second unit could use the help We are pretty tough to handle when Lance has the jumper going

We knew this would be a tough one We really need to get the Lakers I think we will we've been good at winning the games we should 

I have been wondering that about Glenn...

He would fit well with Lance and Joseph....

.....but his re-hab must be going very slowly.....I've seen him on the bench but I hear nothing about any timetable for him to return and we need.

I wonder if old Solomon Hill is availbale. he's not playing for New Orleans... but he's supposed to be back in action soon

26 minutes ago, akcolt said:

22 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I have been wondering that about Glenn...

He would fit well with Lance and Joseph....

.....but his re-hab must be going very slowly.....I've seen him on the bench but I hear nothing about any timetable for him to return and we need.

I wonder if old Solomon Hill is availbale. he's not playing for New Orleans... but he's supposed to be back in action soon

I wouldn't expect to see Glenn until after the all star break honestly. His rehab has not been slow, he is actually right on schedule.

He was initially expected to only miss 2 months, but it was worse than they thought and the timetable was changed to 3-4 months. 4 months would be early February, but I could see them waiting until after the break unless we desperately need him. 

21 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I wouldn't expect to see Glenn until after the all star break honestly. His rehab has not been slow, he is actually right on schedule.

He was initially expected to only miss 2 months, but it was worse than they thought and the timetable was changed to 3-4 months. 4 months would be early February, but I could see them waiting until after the break unless we desperately need him. 

How is everything 'right on schedule' but the injury is 'worse than they thought'???

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Didn't realize Kyrie wasn't playing so I see why now. I thought something goofy was going on with that score.

Yeah Kyrie was out tonight, sore right shoulder. MRI revealed nothing bad or damaged but it's sore and he needed some rest. I knew something was up since the other night he couldn't close out the game well and his shot was off in the final minutes and OT. He will be OK but I think they are resting him until the west coast trip they start next week. He told the medical people after the game he was not feeling well.

C's are having a mini slump since they got back from London with soreness and flu bugs but Brad is mad now and says the offense has no excuses and needs to attack more and he is going to work them harder. lmao 

They literally looked CLUELESS without Kyrie there tonight. OMG......defense was OK as usual but the offense was pure puke city. It's like I never realized that even when Kyrie doesn't score, he makes the shots so much easier for the other guys since he gets so much attention on the court. 

Final score was 89-80 Philly and Philly nearly choked the game away in the end but the C's could not make a bucket to save their lives most of the game.

Saw the Cavs blew a huge lead to the Magic and nearly lost the darn thing but won by a point. Sigh. But it's a win for them for like the first time in two weeks......so it's a positive at least.

And the Pacers lose too. Portland I know is a top defensive team though. Good game plan against Portland shockingly was the Cavs who attacked them well a few weeks ago the first night IT came back into playing. I saw a lot of that game and they did a good job too trapping Damian Lillard who was also mad tonight since he got snubbed for the all star team and got less votes then LONZO.-omg-

Ugh Lebron and Kyrie have to be together now on the all star team. Oh boy........ :lol:Lebron and Curry are captains. This should work out well. haha 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

5-game west coast tour......I'm still hoping for 4-out-of-5..

....Lakers like to run........we're going to need the bench tomorrow...

You all should probably smash the Lakers. They are depleted right now and their 3 point shooting is weak.

Of course the Lakers will get everyone back raring to go when the Celtics come to town next week due to old school rivalry crap.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Leonard will be out

This is so sad, he is out indefinitely again. But they have to get Kawhi Leonard healthy if they want any chance to make a serious postseason run.

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Yeah Kyrie was out tonight, sore right shoulder. MRI revealed nothing bad or damaged but it's sore and he needed some rest. I knew something was up since the other night he couldn't close out the game well and his shot was off in the final minutes and OT. He will be OK but I think they are resting him until the west coast trip they start next week. He told the medical people after the game he was not feeling well.

C's are having a mini slump since they got back from London with soreness and flu bugs but Brad is mad now and says the offense has no excuses and needs to attack more and he is going to work them harder. lmao 

They literally looked CLUELESS without Kyrie there tonight. OMG......defense was OK as usual but the offense was pure puke city. It's like I never realized that even when Kyrie doesn't score, he makes the shots so much easier for the other guys since he gets so much attention on the court. 

Final score was 89-80 Philly and Philly nearly choked the game away in the end but the C's could not make a bucket to save their lives most of the game.

Saw the Cavs blew a huge lead to the Magic and nearly lost the darn thing but won by a point. Sigh. But it's a win for them for like the first time in two weeks......so it's a positive at least.

And the Pacers lose too. Portland I know is a top defensive team though. Good game plan against Portland shockingly was the Cavs who attacked them well a few weeks ago the first night IT came back into playing. I saw a lot of that game and they did a good job too trapping Damian Lillard who was also mad tonight since he got snubbed for the all star team and got less votes then LONZO.-omg-

Ugh Lebron and Kyrie have to be together now on the all star team. Oh boy........ :lol:Lebron and Curry are captains. This should work out well. haha 

I had a feeling the Pacers would lose tonight. It's tough for any team to sweep a West Coast trip. I think we beat LA tomorrow, Lonzo and Pope are both out. The Celtics will get the #1 Seed easily this season so I wouldn't worry about them. Their Offense does concern me a bit at times though. I think Pacers will end up 6th or 7th in the end and probably play Toronto or LeBron.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had a feeling the Pacers would lose tonight. It's tough for any team to sweep a West Coast trip. I think we beat LA tomorrow, Lonzo and Pope are both out. The Celtics will get the #1 Seed easily this season so I wouldn't worry about them. Their Offense does concern me a bit at times though. I think Pacers will end up 6th or 7th in the end and probably play Toronto or LeBron.

I am not worried about the record thing, C's are a young team and go on mega highs and sometimes mini lows too. They do have some offensive issues and Brad Stevens said tonight it's been a problem for some time and he has to work on this with them.

You can't just win every game with defense and hoping Kyrie makes a few miracle shots. 

I don't trust the C's offense either though so you aren't alone........they desperately could use Gordon Hayward.

Got a feeling the Celtics right now draw Philly in the first round since they seem to never be able to get away from them, in America or England. 

And if we get a Pats/Eagles Super Bowl that would just be the icing on the cake.

Pacers seem to often draw Lebron. lmao 

Long time away though.......got to keep everyone healthy.