Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hooker int prediction for the season.

Stephen

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this thought in my mind after we drafted him. I thought 3, but man is he special.  I watched when we drafted him on ESPN on YouTube and I hated how much Gruden disrespected him by saying "that's way to early for this kid". I was genuinely triggered, and I like Gruden. I lost some respect for him after that unprofessional showcasing of his character. 

Edit: Let me put it this way; I don't see Malik hooker not getting at least one pick. His instincts are gifted, but against better QBs, he is going to have to watch some film to not get looked-off and burned. Luckily for him there aren't many good QBs we face this year besides Big Ben, Mariota, and Russel Wilson. 

8 minutes ago, Jesse Lafantaisie said:

5-7 16 games

3-5 10+/- games.

I would think hes going to start from day one. Don't see TJ Green starting over him.

Hooker will be healthy come season time assuming he doesn't get hurt in camp or preseason. I can't wait to see how he develops

5 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I had this thought in my mind after we drafted him. I thought 3, but man is he special.  I watched when we drafted him on ESPN on YouTube and I hated how much Gruden disrespected him by saying "that's way to early for this kid". I was genuinely triggered, and I like Gruden. I lost some respect for him after that unprofessional showcasing of his character. 

I agree. Gruden like guys who can tackle and so didnt care for the pick but if you draft a guy who could lead the league in ints how can that not help the team

Just now, Stephen said:

I agree. Gruden like guys who can tackle and so didnt care for the pick but if you draft a guy who could lead the league in ints how can that not help the team

If you watch some film, Hooker doesn't even have trouble tackling; he just takes bad angles. I watched more film on him today and he is actually a hard-hitter and great tackler at times. He is stereotyped I feel and his tackling will not be as bad as we may think. 

Just now, ColtsBlitz said:

If you watch some film, Hooker doesn't even have trouble tackling; he just takes bad angles. I watched more film on him today and he is actually a hard-hitter and great tackler at times. He is stereotyped I feel and his tackling will not be as bad as we may think. 

I watched the film and even veteran safeties sometimes take bad angles.I think he will be fine.

13 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I also have a good feeling about Quincy Wilson. He has the confidence of Sherman and Ballard made it sound like he has great work ethic. 

Havent watched much on him yet but he has to be better than toler and robinson

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

That is sick.   That was when teams ran the ball more than passing.  He was also an enforcer in the secondary.   Great player

when Deion Sanders is called the greatest DB in NFL history, I remember the stories about this guy

..I think he had 14 interceptions in 12 games, too.....

..and this is probably before anyone used any kind of zone coverage

man to man ...........and he just devastated receivers...

I think Hooker snags 8 INTs. Our division is filled with inaccurate gun slinger type QBs ( looking at you Bortles and Watson). A guy like Hooker who posses great instincts and range should be ecstatic about his chances. 

Hasn't Hooker already picked off Watson multiple times? Will be just like old times haha 

46 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

That is sick.   That was when teams ran the ball more than passing.  He was also an enforcer in the secondary.   Great player

Ed Reed led the league in interceptions in three separate years. His highest league leading total was 9 (twice) and 8 the other time.

Trivia question: What legendary QB led the league in defensive interceptions one year with 11?

4-5 would be a great start for him, then we will see what he gets for the other 14 regular season games..................;) But seriously 4-5 would be a great way to start his career here w/the Colts. Anything more would just be icing on the cake for me personally. 

2 hours ago, SP_21 said:

I think Hooker snags 8 INTs. Our division is filled with inaccurate gun slinger type QBs ( looking at you Bortles and Watson). A guy like Hooker who posses great instincts and range should be ecstatic about his chances. 

Hasn't Hooker already picked off Watson multiple times? Will be just like old times haha 

You think Watson is going to be playing in Houston right away?

1 minute ago, BlueCollarColts said:

You think Watson is going to be playing in Houston right away?

Where they drafted him and what they gave suggests yes.

What their GM and Coach are saying suggests hell naw.

For at least the first game we play them, the Texans QB will be Savage.

He is gonna have 8 ints, (2 from Watson(week 7,12), 2 from Bortles(week 9,17)).
He has a lot of range and the QBs are gonna test him and they are gonna lose, he's a ballhawk, he is gonna be ready for the training camp but the staff is gonna take it slow then mid season he is gonna play on passing downs.