CR91

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

I don't think wearing the colts jersey will cause him injury

I cettainnly hope not, but we also know our injury history here..... it isn't pretty!!! So that does concern me, but I'd have had it with Allen and Foster too. I definitely like Hooker and his potential though. 

2 minutes ago, gdub454 said:

I heard Hooker is a good center field safety..but then I'm hearing Chucky just rip this dude...doesn't tackle well..takes poor angles to the ball...DAMMIT!!...I WANTED REUBEN FOSTER!!!!...dude is a tackling machine beast...Foster "trucks" fools when he tackles..he STOPS any forward progression of the football..Malik Hooker looks soft..sure he's athletic and quick..but if he cant "wrap up" and takes bad angles to the ball...looks like another decent 1st round pickis going to be defensive version of Philipp Dorsett..I say * BOOOOOOOOO!!...Foster falls right in our lap..a straight Ray Lewis monster type give our D some nastiness and a new attitude...and we say..nah..lets get a "finesse player"...#!!  #disappointedBIGtime...

Chucky thought D'Joun Smith was the next best thing to sliced bread too..

2 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

Chuck just said he should be ready by training camp. Said he is a special player.

I hope that's true.  JMV has had chatter on his show indicating his health is a major concern, although I heard that awhile ago.

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

I don't think he'll start, but he'll probably be in a regular rotation with him, as well as on the field with him & Geathers in sub-packages.

Yeah. We'll see. I hope they have him work hard this offseason and pre-season at his tackling angles. Curious as to what happens to TJ Green. 

Could we get a 4th for him? 

“We need guys on defense with speed and explosive playmaking---guys that can go get the ball,” Ballard told JMV. “Extra possessions in games. The more possessions you can add by taking away the football is important.

“The more speed you have, the more athleticism you have, guys with hands, guys that can catch the ball, guys that can run, so when the ball pops out they can get the ball---we’ve got to continue to add those types of players.”

When you read these comments from Ballard it's no surprise they chose Hooker. He seems to fit exactly what he was looking for.

Hooker had the 5th highest grade on the NFL tracker. Damn good pick at 15!

Sports Illustrated:  Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State: Again, with teams crawling over themselves to land offensive weapons in the early picks, there were defensive players available mid-Round 1 that no one thought would be there: Reuben Foster, Jonathan Allen and, of course, Hooker. The Ohio State safety should slot right in as the Colts’ free safety, which prevents Indianapolis from having to piece together that spot—Darius Butler was a possible CB-to-S mover. Hooker’s past health issues probably didn’t hurt him as much in Round 1 as his lack of physicality did (and the huge run on skill positions). The Colts don’t need him to be a thumper, just to keep doing what he did for Ohio State vs. the pass. GRADE: A

5 minutes ago, gdub454 said:

I heard Hooker is a good center field safety..but then I'm hearing Chucky just rip this dude...doesn't tackle well..takes poor angles to the ball...DAMMIT!!...I WANTED REUBEN FOSTER!!!!...dude is a tackling machine beast...Foster "trucks" fools when he tackles..he STOPS any forward progression of the football..Malik Hooker looks soft..sure he's athletic and quick..but if he cant "wrap up" and takes bad angles to the ball...looks like another decent 1st round pickis going to be defensive version of Philipp Dorsett..I say * BOOOOOOOOO!!...Foster falls right in our lap..a straight Ray Lewis monster type give our D some nastiness and a new attitude...and we say..nah..lets get a "finesse player"...#!!  #disappointedBIGtime...

Dorsett was widely thought to be a 2nd round pick at best. Hooker was widely considered a top 10 and on some boards, top 5. Its a very solid pick for us.

1 minute ago, AZColt11 said:

Hooker is starting.  Don't fool yourselves.  You don't take this guy where they picked him and then have him sit on the bench.  He's your FS with Geathers likely the box guy IMHO.

I'd like to agree. But I have no idea. haha I think he is the best coverage safety to come out in the last several years. He could be a stud. Our Eric Berry, Ed Reed type of safety potentially. 

1 minute ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Sports Illustrated:  Malik Hooker, S, Ohio State: Again, with teams crawling over themselves to land offensive weapons in the early picks, there were defensive players available mid-Round 1 that no one thought would be there: Reuben Foster, Jonathan Allen and, of course, Hooker. The Ohio State safety should slot right in as the Colts’ free safety, which prevents Indianapolis from having to piece together that spot—Darius Butler was a possible CB-to-S mover. Hooker’s past health issues probably didn’t hurt him as much in Round 1 as his lack of physicality did (and the huge run on skill positions). The Colts don’t need him to be a thumper, just to keep doing what he did for Ohio State vs. the pass. GRADE: A

I like it

• 21isSuperman changed the title to 2017 NFL Draft Day 1 Thread [Merge]