Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

2017 NFL Draft Day 1 Thread [Merge]

So let's keep all rumors and news leading up to the draft and draft results in this thread.

In less then 11 hours, the browns will be on the clock

Who does McShay have in his final mock from this morning? Listening to him on Mike and Mike, sounds like he's been getting a good amount of information in the last 24 hours on where teams are leaning.

1 hour ago, BCoop said:

I'm surprised that their is not a signed Reuben Foster and that there aren't more forecasting Reddick.

I know some don't like Holder. I wouldn't be opposed to this though. Would be tough to miss out on some of the really good D prospects, but if this guy is actually Zach Martin good, the line becomes top 5 within a year or two.

4 minutes ago, BCoop said:

I know some don't like Holder. I wouldn't be opposed to this though. Would be tough to miss out on some of the really good D prospects, but if this guy is actually Zach Martin good, the line becomes top 5 within a year or two.

i'd be okish with Lamp. but rather go D.

2 hours ago, CR91 said:

So let's keep all rumors and news leading up to the draft and draft results in this thread.

In less then 11 hours, the browns will be on the clock

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

good luck with that

Harris and Barnett are two busts, both run well under 4.8's with Harris about a 5.0

If need is going to be addressed we'd be better off seeing if we can get a couple 2ed round picks for our 1st and address both CB and LB with those 2 picks. Draft is very heavy with good quality at those positions..

5 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

Harris and Barnett are two busts, both run well under 4.8's with Harris about a 5.0

If need is going to be addressed we'd be better off seeing if we can get a couple 2ed round picks for our 1st and address both CB and LB with those 2 picks. Draft is very heavy with good quality at those positions..

40 doesn't matter much for a guy coming off the edge. You'd be better of looking at their 10 yard splits and 3 cone drill. Harris was competitive with some of the premiere edge rushers (Garrett) in his 10 yard split.

Edit: Couldn't find it when I first posted, but Garrett had a 1.63 10 yd split. Harris had a 1.65 split.

Latest rumor.

Lamp at 15 a possibility.

Meh

Denver apparently willing to trade back as well. That would earn us a 2nd rounder if we traded with them. 

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Denver apparently willing to trade back as well. That would earn us a 2nd rounder if we traded with them. 

Maybe for mccaffery. Latest is he can go anywhere from 5 to 15

Falcons looking to trade up. I'd want a 2 3 and 2018 2 to move 16 spots down

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Latest rumor.

Lamp at 15 a possibility.

Meh

better than an RB

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Here's a shocker

The Browns will pick Myles Garrett

It's the right move. Browns can still get Watson or Trubisky at 12. 

Just now, MTC said:

Agreed would have trouble getting a Defensive Game changer like Garrett at 12

3 minutes ago, MTC said:

They may trade up with someone to make sure they get Trubisky

5 hours ago, csmopar said:

i'd be okish with Lamp. but rather go D.

Lamp would be a safe pick, similarly to Kelly last year.

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

They may trade up with someone to make sure they get Trubisky

If I was Sashi Brown, I'd try to get Reuben Foster at 12. I think Cody Kessler was pretty good enough last year to start again at QB.

2 minutes ago, MTC said:

If I was Sashi Brown, I'd try to get Reuben Foster at 12. I think Cody Kessler was pretty good enough last year to start again at QB.

Honestly they should go after Watson IMO. Hes a more athletic Jameis Winston IMO. Trubisky could be a good one, though. Browns have to get it right eventually

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Honestly they should go after Watson IMO. Hes a more athletic Jameis Winston IMO. Trubisky could be a good one, though. Browns have to get it right eventually

Remember MT is from the Cleveland area

4 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Agree on Deshaun Watson. He showed me a lot in that national championship game against Alabama. He has it. And we all know what it is

13 minutes ago, MTC said:

Yeh. They even have a bunch of picks next year right? They would be better served holding off on a QB and getting one of the real studs who could come out next year.

1 minute ago, backshoulderfade said:

Yeh. They even have a bunch of picks next year right? They would be better served holding off on a QB and getting one of the real studs who could come out next year.

Not sure they can wait

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Agree on Deshaun Watson. He showed me a lot in that national championship game against Alabama. He has it. And we all know what it is

Yup. He showed that "it" factor. Won a lot of big games for Clemson. His performance against Alabama was nothing short of incredible.

15 minutes ago, MTC said:

Cody Kessler wasn't bad for them. Of course, when we compare him to the other Browns QBs, he's gonna look like The Messiah. I agree about Reuben Foster. He's gonna be a great player. I wouldn't mind it one bit if the Colts drafted him

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yup. He showed that "it" factor. Won a lot of big games for Clemson. His performance against Alabama was nothing short of incredible.

Had no running game whatsoever to support him. That made it that much more impressive. I don't care that Alabama has consistently struggled against dual threat QBs. It's still Alabama

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not sure they can wait

Depends if they can get the owner to buy in I suppose.

But lets say they go 6-10 in 2017. I don't think there would be a staff clearout. They have a top 10 pick and the capital to move up to #1 to take Darnold or Rosen or whoever. I think those guys are 15 year, franchise type QBs.

I was relatively high on Watson after watching the bama game and never had a reason to watch his film. But after watching film on gallman and Williams hes just not accurate enough for me personally. Constantly missing deep balls in the games I watched. But this isn't a strong qb class IMO and neither is the o-line.

20 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

30 minutes ago, MTC said:

So has anyone figured out the point of the Brock Osweiler situation then?

Any news, or even a whiff of reasoning behind it?  I am fine with it as I could care less about the Browns (even though my wife is a Browns fan :scratch:), but there has been little to no information since the trade/ deal..... suppose they have some leverage for a trade perhaps this weekend?... or something of the sort  in mind?... I would hope, or maybe their intention of using him is as a backup.... who knows with them.

And picking either QB (Watson or Trubisky) as the number one overall is laughable as far as I am concerned.  But, like you say... law of averages would suggest that they get it right at some point, lol.

4 minutes ago, twfish said:

I was relatively high on Watson after watching the bama game and never had a reason to watch his film. But after watching film on gallman and Williams hes just not accurate enough for me personally. Constantly missing deep balls in the games I watched. But this isn't a strong qb class IMO and neither is the o-line.

I agree it's not an overly strong QB class. And that works out perfectly for the Colts since they need anything but a QB. But Deshaun Watson has it. He could be just what the Browns need

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

Any news, or even a whiff of reasoning behind it?  I am fine with it as I could care less about the Browns (even though my wife is a Browns fan :scratch:), but there has been little to no information since the trade/ deal..... suppose they have some leverage for a trade perhaps this weekend?... or something of the sort  in mind?... I would hope, or maybe their intention of using him is as a backup.... who knows with them.

And picking either QB (Watson or Trubisky) as the number one overall is laughable as far as I am concerned.  But, like you say... law of averages would suggest that they get it right at some point, lol.

Osweiler is the wildcard in the Browns QB game

2 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

3rd string Osweiler will be

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

3rd string Osweiler will be

I don't know the whole deal, but it seems like that is an expensive option.  I guess they have the capitol though.... that is for now at least which is what is important.

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

I don't know the whole deal, but it seems like that is an expensive option.  I guess they have the capitol though.... that is for now at least which is what is important.

And Brock Osweiler is trash lol. Any ounce of good QB play by him and Texans would've been a major threat. I would definitely take my chances with Cody Kessler and a rookie DeShaun Watson or Mitch Trubisky