Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

BPA At 15 - Who Do You Take?

Here's my order for our team... I'm primarily considering talent level of the player but also a slight influence from scheme fit as well as positional value and need:

1. Myles Garrett
  2. Jonathan Allen (pending medical clearance of course)
  3. Marshon Lattimore
  4. Malik Hooker
  5. Solomon Thomas
  6. Jamal Adams
  7. Forrest Lamp
  8. Derek Barnett
  9. Haason Reddick

If all of these guys are gone I'm thinking we really should trade back. Anybody else want to give it a shot? 

18 minutes ago, Track Guy said:

Here's my order for our team... I'm primarily considering talent level of the player but also a slight influence from scheme fit as well as positional value and need:

1. Myles Garrett
  3. Marshon Lattimore
  4. Malik Hooker
  5. Solomon Thomas
  6. Jamal Adams
  7. Forrest Lamp
  8. Derek Barnett
  9. Haason Reddick

If all of these guys are gone I'm thinking we really should trade back. Anybody else want to give it a shot? 

I'll be very surprised if the first six guys on that list are available.  Lamp and Reddick probably will be there at 15.

Personally, I don't want to draft an O-Lineman at 1.  I'd take Barnett or Reddick, but otherwise, I'd trade back.

15 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I'll be very surprised if the first six guys on that list are available.  Lamp and Reddick probably will be there at 15.

Personally, I don't want to draft an O-Lineman at 1.  I'd take Barnett or Reddick, but otherwise, I'd trade back.

I expect either 5 or all 6 of the first 6 to be gone as well. 

Here's my list

1. Myles Garrett
  2. Marshon Lattimore
  3. Malik Hooker
  4. Solomon Thomas
  5. Jamal Adams
  6. Reuben Foster(if cleared by Ballard)
  7. Johnathan Allen
  8. Gareon Conley
  9. Haason Reddick
  10. Malik McDowell
  11. Christian McCaffrey
  12. Forrest Lamp
  13. Garett Bolles
  14. Tim Williams(if cleared by Ballard)
  15. Charles Harris
  16. Derek Rivers
  17. OJ Howard
  18. David Njoku
  19. Tre'Davious White
  20. Carl Lawson
  21. Derek Barnett
  22. Jarrad Davis
  23. Quincy Wilson
  24. Evan Engram(AS A WR!!! Yes, I do think he can be special as a receiver)
  25. Joe Mixon (If cleared by Ballard)
  26. Zach Cunningham
  27. Takkarist McKinley
  28. Marlon Humphrey

Here's what my feelings would be about picking those:

1-7 I'd be ecstatic with any of them.at 15

8-12 I'd be happy with any of them at 15

13-17 I'd be OK with any of them at 15

18-28 I'd prefer we trade back to take those

Here's everyone I have 90% certainty is going before our pick:

1. Myles Garret

2. Leonard Fournette 

3. Solomon Thomas

4. Jamal Adams

5. Malik Hooker

6. Marshon Lattimore

7. OJ Howard

8. Mitchell Trubisky

The next group of guys that are harder to predict are 

-Mike Williams

-Cory Davis

-Reuben Foster

-Marlon Humphrey

-Jonathan Allen

-Derrick Barnett

I see the pick coming down to Reddick, Davis, or Conley. Because of how deep the CB class is, I'm leaning more toward Reddick or Davis. A lot depends on what NO and Philly do because they have similar needs as us. And the Bengals are my "swing" team. They could go in so many directions (DE, CB, LB, RB) that what they do is really when things will start to get interesting. Plus the uncertainty with where exactly the QBs go makes it hard to predict. But for sure I'll say I don't see both Reddick and Conley being gone by 15.

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Here's everyone I have 90% certainty is going before our pick:

1. Myles Garret

2. Leonard Fournette 

3. Solomon Thomas

4. Jamal Adams

5. Malik Hooker

6. Marshon Lattimore

7. OJ Howard

8. Mitchell Trubisky

The next group of guys that are harder to predict are 

-Mike Williams

-Cory Davis

-Reuben Foster

-Marlon Humphrey

-Jonathan Allen

-Derrick Barnett

I see the pick coming down to Reddick, Davis, or Conley. Because of how deep the CB class is, I'm leaning more toward Reddick or Davis. A lot depends on what NO and Philly do because they have similar needs as us. And the Bengals are my "swing" team. They could go in so many directions (DE, CB, LB, RB) that what they do is really when things will start to get interesting. Plus the uncertainty with where exactly the QBs go makes it hard to predict. But for sure I'll say I don't see both Reddick and Conley being gone by 15.

Agreed

28 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I`ll say two things here, first I think the Colts will stay at 15 and secondly I get the feeling we are going to be very, very surprised with the 1st pick in this draft. 

I agree with the bolded, but it's tough to say whether we trade back or not, it sounds like Ballard's fielding offers as we speak.

the best way to do this is to list 15 guys in order.  thats what the real teams have to do in the top half of the first round.  i am not as keen on trading back

its impossible to say who will go in front of us, and i think most of the guys mentioned in the OP will be gone

i think riddick is likely to be there though and he would be in my top 15.  foster is still in play on my board too

7 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I hope so, but think he may be gone before the Colts pick. He`s one of the best press-man CB`s in the draft 

His only issue is his hand usage, and that is very coachable. If Reddick is available along with Conley at 15, is when it gets tough

2 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

You forgot Charles Harris, maybe a clone of Charles Haley. 

i think they covered that by saying they would trade back if all of the above are gone

trading back may not even be an option though, at least not for a good deal

2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

the best way to do this is to list 15 guys in order.  thats what the real teams have to do in the top half of the first round.  i am not as keen on trading back

its impossible to say who will go in front of us, and i think most of the guys mentioned in the OP will be gone

i think riddick is likely to be there though and he would be in my top 15.  foster is still in play on my board too

The only thing I disagree on is RF

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

The only thing I disagree on is RF

you mean you wouldnt draft him?

he some red flags, i would still be ok with him.  nothing terrible has come out about him, just several minor things imo

At 15 I would be happy with one of;

Myles Garrett

Jonathan Allen

Leonard Fournette

Reuben Foster

Marshon Lattimore

Jamal Adams

Malik Hooker

Solomon Thomas

OJ Howard

Gareon Conley

Forrest Lamp

Derek Barnett

Hasaan Reddick

Takkarist McKinley

I have them ranked in order of who I think are the best players (including upside, im my opinion). I would prefer an edge, linebacker or corner with that pick though. 

Of that group, my draft crushes are Allen, Fournette and Foster.

Not a fan of trading back in the 1st unless there really is no one worthwhile to pick. I'd rather trade back in the 2nd and 3rd to accumulate more picks.

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Agreed

I have a scenario though that needs to happen for us to land him though.

1. Browns take Garrett

2. 49ers take Thomas 

3. Bears take Allen

4. Jags take Fournette

5. Titans take Lattimore

6. Jets take Howard

7. Chargers take Hooker

8. Panthers take Adams

9. Bengals take Barnett 

10. Bills take Watson

11. Saints take Foster

12. Browns take Trubisky 

13. Cardinals take Mahomes

14. Eagles take Humphrey or Mcaffery

That would leave the Colts with a shot at Conley or Reddick. But I'm hearing the Eagles love Conley.

2 hours ago, Track Guy said:

1. Myles Garrett
  3. Marshon Lattimore
  4. Malik Hooker
  5. Solomon Thomas
  6. Jamal Adams
  7. Forrest Lamp
  8. Derek Barnett
  9. Haason Reddick

Ehh there are some other good prospects out there.  Garett Conley I believe is how it's spelled.  But Garrett, Allen, Lattimore, Hooker and Adams are almost certainly not going to be there at 15 unless some really bad news comes out about them between now and then.  Thomas it's doubtful but still possible.

I expect Lamp and Reddick to be available there.  Barnett maybe.  

On 4/25/2017 at 6:57 PM, stitches said:

Here's my list

1. Myles Garrett
  2. Marshon Lattimore
  3. Malik Hooker
  4. Solomon Thomas
  5. Jamal Adams
  6. Reuben Foster(if cleared by Ballard)
  7. Johnathan Allen
  8. Gareon Conley
  9. Haason Reddick
  10. Malik McDowell
  11. Christian McCaffrey
  12. Forrest Lamp
  13. Garett Bolles
  14. Tim Williams(if cleared by Ballard)
  15. Charles Harris
  16. Derek Rivers
  17. OJ Howard
  18. David Njoku
  19. Tre'Davious White
  20. Carl Lawson
  21. Derek Barnett
  22. Jarrad Davis
  23. Quincy Wilson
  24. Evan Engram(AS A WR!!! Yes, I do think he can be special as a receiver)
  25. Joe Mixon (If cleared by Ballard)
  26. Zach Cunningham
  27. Takkarist McKinley
  28. Marlon Humphrey

Here's what my feelings would be about picking those:

1-7 I'd be ecstatic with any of them.at 15

8-12 I'd be happy with any of them at 15

13-17 I'd be OK with any of them at 15

18-28 I'd prefer we trade back to take those

How do you, guys, think I feel about this one :)

1 hour ago, stitches said:

How do you, guys, think I feel about this one :)

I find the stark difference of opinion between the "draft nerds" in this sub-forum and the casual fans in Colts Football sub-forum hilarious. Most of us that watch film and do some scouting are ecstatic, while they're just listening to John Gruden and hating the pick.

BTW, I'm AMPED about this pick!

2 minutes ago, Shive said:

I find the stark difference of opinion between the "draft nerds" in this sub-forum and the casual fans in Colts Football sub-forum hilarious. Most of us that watch film and do some scouting are ecstatic, while they're just listening to John Gruden and hating the pick.

BTW, I'm AMPED about this pick!

I couldn't have scripted this one better. A while ago I joked around here that all we need is for 3 QBs, 3 wideouts and 3 RBs to go before us and we going to get some of the awesome defensive talent fall in our laps and it freaking happened!! This development was unreal! I can't believe we had our pick between Hooker, Foster, Allen, Harris... Those are 3 of my top 7 players in this draft. And we had our pick of the litter at 15. Insane! I love it.

6 minutes ago, stitches said:

I couldn't have scripted this one better. A while ago I joked around here that all we need is for 3 QBs, 3 wideouts and 3 RBs to go before us and we going to get some of the awesome defensive talent fall in our laps and it freaking happened!! This development was unreal! I can't believe we had our pick between Hooker, Foster, Allen, Harris... Those are 3 of my top 7 players in this draft. And we had our pick of the litter at 15. Insane! I love it.

I expected Trubisky to go early, but my jaw dropped when Mahomes went to KC at 10. You really couldn't have hoped for better at 15.

Just now, Shive said:

I expected Trubisky to go early, but my jaw dropped when Mahomes went to KC at 10. You really couldn't have hoped for better at 15.

I mean... you will always have the odd one getting drafted too high, but... what\s tricky is having ALL of them happen in the same draft... all 3 WRs? 2 RBs? 3 QBs? Damn...