If we draft a RB

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I'm not for drafting a RB in the 1st round. Preferably not the second. But if we draft a running back in the 1st or 2nd round, say Dalvin Cook or Christian McCaffery, what do you guys think we will do?

fixed it..... fans would probably run Ballard and Irsay both out of town with pitchforks....

all jokes aside, we keep Gore for the time being and simply let him walk next season, his cap hit is barely 3 million so nothing to gain really by cutting him now

6 hours ago, backshoulderfade said:

Really hope we take a RB in round one. Not because I want a forst round running back, but because it would be highly entertaining to me.

One of the stranger things I've read here. But that's not saying much. 

8 hours ago, twfish said:

The 2nd was also mentioned and it brings up a good point. And I'd put money there's gunna be a running back. Let me ask you a question though. Your under the basis that a running back isn't worth a first rounder right?

86.4% of the time yeah. 100% of the time yes when your defense sets franchise records for being trash. 

6 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

A lot of analysts do have us projected to take a RB. But I truly do think that our mocks are probably just as accurate as their mock drafts are. They have no idea what is going to happen just as we don't. It isn't silly tho. It very well could happen. I personally doubt Ballard drafts one in round 1 tho. Unless Fournette dropped to our pick. 

Reddick/Foster is mocked to us way more than RBs now. Mock analysts figured out how much of a dumb pick a rb would be. 

6 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

So my thread must have interested you quite a bit for you to comment "no" on it huh? haha 

My comment of "no" is about as interesting as your amazing RB thread. 

34 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

86.4% of the time yeah. 100% of the time yes when your defense sets franchise records for being trash. 

Reddick/Foster is mocked to us way more than RBs now. Mock analysts figured out how much of a dumb pick a rb would be. 

Then don't comment on it.... I don't see why people have to be *. If I don't like something, I don't comment. Maybe you have a lot of built up anger. Therapy helps! Lol 

24 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

Ultimately, my wants have no effect on what the team does. I will find a way to enjoy any player picked.

I will try to do the same. I think most of us agree that a running back will help our offense, but most of us also agree that a defensive player has a lot more potential to be the "difference" maker we desperately need. 

36 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I didn't say everybody has them picked, but many of the mocks have had Cook or McCaffery going to us at No. 15. I was simply stating they aren't any better at predicting picks other than a very small handful of people who have inside sources. 

I expect Ballard to grab a defensive player. I want Foster, Barnett, or Reddick if the top 2 corners are drafted before we pick. 

9 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Yes I am. 

But there will be no new RB lol. Atleast not in the 1st. 

Just because you don't think we'll draft a RB at 1 doesn't mean others can't talk about it.  Or start threads about it.

I may have to start a new thread for every potential 1st round RB now.

49 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

86.4% of the time yeah. 100% of the time yes when your defense sets franchise records for being trash

I was just curious if your sole reason was that running backs arent worth a first. Im not gunna argue that we need defense I was just curious where you were coming from.

18 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Then don't comment on it.... I don't see why people have to be *. If I don't like something, I don't comment. Maybe you have a lot of built up anger. Therapy helps! Lol 

I'll comment on every RB in the 1st thread and l'll call them all stupid. Only person who needs therapy is the ones who think a RB will actually be selected at 15. Aka the delusional ones. 

13 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I didn't say everybody has them picked, but many of the mocks have had Cook or McCaffery going to us at No. 15. I was simply stating they aren't any better at predicting picks other than a very small handful of people who have inside sources. 

I expect Ballard to grab a defensive player. I want Foster, Barnett, or Reddick if the top 2 corners are drafted before we pick. 

Maybe a month ago, I barely see a RB mocked to us now. 

7 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Just because you don't think we'll draft a RB at 1 doesn't mean others can't talk about it.  Or start threads about it.

I may have to start a new thread for every potential 1st round RB now.

Why do the children always quote me

10 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

This is like the 17th thread about taking a RB in the 1st. It was silly 2 months ago it's silly now. 

Many people last year thought it was silly, more likely crazy, to pick a center with our 1st. pick  and boy were they wrong.  It's very possible one of the top three could be sitting there at 15 so I wouldn't be to quick to dismiss the possibility as silly.  Remember Chris said BPA and RB is a need.  There will be solid selections available for CB, LB, ER, and RB in the following rounds so you never know.  That's why I wouldn't rule out OL in the 1st. as well. 

Just now, richard pallo said:

Many people last year thought it was silly, more likely crazy, to pick a center with our 1st. pick  and boy were they wrong.  It's very possible one of the top three could be sitting there at 15 so I wouldn't be to quick to dismiss the possibility as silly.  Remember Chris said BPA and RB is a need.  There will be solid selections available for CB, LB, ER, and RB in the following rounds so you never know.  That's why I wouldn't rule out OL in the 1st. as well. 

Who thought it was crazy? We were a revolving door at Center, never had a starter there. And taking trenches in the 1st doesn't seem so crazy either?

Some of you need to lay off the paint chips. 

1 minute ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Who thought it was crazy? We were a revolving door at Center, never had a starter there. And taking trenches in the 1st doesn't seem so crazy either?

You have a right to your opinion.  You have no right to tell others their opinions are stupid.

I do like that you stir up a conversation though.

2 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

So stupid opinions should be praised? I'm sorry I forgot we still had grigson. Yeah let's take a RB at 15

You can disagree without being childish about it.

Let me ask you this - do you agree that the Colts should take the BPA on their board?

14 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I'm not for drafting a RB in the 1st round. Preferably not the second. But if we draft a running back in the 1st or 2nd round, say Dalvin Cook or Christian McCaffery, what do you guys think we will do with Gore? Who will start? 

Gore will be option 1A and the new RB will be option 1B at the start of the season.  Having Gore around would allow us to use Gore in more critical downs while the new RB learns the in's and outs of the game at the NFL level.  Especially pass blocking which for RB's is the biggest learning portion.

I also hope we don't go RB in the first round.  I'm not liking Cook or McCaffrey as first round picks.  I see McCaffrey especially as being either a convert to WR or a 3rd down back.  But ideally no matter where we get an RB we will hopefully be able to use Gore as 1A and the new RB as 1B.

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

You can disagree without being childish about it.

Let me ask you this - do you agree that the Colts should take the BPA on their board?

I think I've been more audacious than childish. But to your question, it's an obvious yes. And I think it's just as obvious a damn RB will not be best value to the Colts. 

4 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I think I've been more audacious than childish. But to your question, it's an obvious yes. And I think it's just as obvious a damn RB will not be best value to the Colts. 

Fair enough.

But now you're on record for agreeing with the Colts first pick selection - no matter who they take.  Even if it's a RB.

11 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Gore will be option 1A and the new RB will be option 1B at the start of the season.  Having Gore around would allow us to use Gore in more critical downs while the new RB learns the in's and outs of the game at the NFL level.  Especially pass blocking which for RB's is the biggest learning portion.

I also hope we don't go RB in the first round.  I'm not liking Cook or McCaffrey as first round picks.  I see McCaffrey especially as being either a convert to WR or a 3rd down back.  But ideally no matter where we get an RB we will hopefully be able to use Gore as 1A and the new RB as 1B.

I've seen Cook fall down draft boards as far as to the end of the 1st. Not sure if it will be on the majority of GMs, but I think he'll go later than the majority expect. I would bet Fournette and McCaffrey go before us, and Cook goes either at 20 to the Broncos, or at the end of the 1st round somewhere. 

Here's my opinion on this. We, in all likelyhood, aren't taking an RB in the 1st round. Fournette will get taken before our pick, Cook is falling fast and may even go outside the 1st round. Pretty sure we aren't interested at Mixon at 15. The only RB we could possibly be interested in is Christian McCaffrey. Love the kid, but he seems unlikely for us. Ballard has said he wants to build the trenches, along with that we need ILB, CB, and a pass rusher. I don't think there is any scenario, any possible way 14 players could be picked before us, that would allow McCaffrey to be the BPA at 15 for the Colts. No way we take an RB in round 1.

I definitely prefer not to take a rb in the 1st or 2nd rd. I will say Cook's on field performance and burst contradicts his combine testing.  He has had several off the field issues as well. I found it the following very interesting which matches what he showed on the field: 

According to Sports Science, John Ross and Dalvin Cook had the same 20-yard split in pads: 2.67.

1 hour ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I think you might be experiencing memory loss.  But that's okay.  It happens to everybody eventually. 

3 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

I don't want a RB either. And I said with the 1st or 2nd round pick if you actually read my initial post. 

But Ezekiel Elliot was drafted by Dallas 4th overall. They didn't have a good defense. The cowboys went 12-4 and he probably should have been named rookie of the year. I'm sure they don't regret making that decision. 

41 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

I don't want a RB either. And I said with the 1st or 2nd round pick if you actually read my initial post. 

But Ezekiel Elliot was drafted by Dallas 4th overall. They didn't have a good defense. The cowboys went 12-4 and he probably should have been named rookie of the year. I'm sure they don't regret making that decision. 

We don't have the cowboys o line

44 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

They had a much much better line. And they had 1st round picks invested  on their defense ALREADY. 

And on top of that. Zeke is a much better prospect than Cook or Cmac. 

28 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

We don't have the cowboys o line

100 percent agree with that. But if you watched him run, he made a lot of those plays on his own. He changed the whole dynamic of that team. Catching out of the backfield as well. Being the big Ohio State fan that I am, I'm 99% confident he will continue that kind of success. He is a beast. If he was coming out this year, I would be okay taking him. I was only using him as an example. 

Like I have said, I want defense. I don't want to draft a running back in the 1st. But am curious to see if Ballard drafts one in the 1st or 2nd round, seeing how he says he will go BPA and as it is a need as well... how Gore's time with the Colts will be affected next season. 

2 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Essentially this. . . adding a playmaker on defense is going to improve the team far far more then adding another playmaker on offense.  

The forum isn't about wanting to draft a RB. It is about how Gore is affected if we do. And its very possible we draft one in the 1st or 2nd. I'd much rather draft a CB and an ILB/OLB, but I'm not the GM and don't have control over the team. 

4 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

100 percent agree with that. But if you watched him run, he made a lot of those plays on his own. He changed the whole dynamic of that team. Catching out of the backfield as well. Being the big Ohio State fan that I am, I'm 99% confident he will continue that kind of success. He is a beast. If he was coming out this year, I would be okay taking him. I was only using him as an example. 

Like I have said, I want defense. I don't want to draft a running back in the 1st. But am curious to see if Ballard drafts one in the 1st or 2nd round, seeing how he says he will go BPA and as it is a need as well... how Gore's time with the Colts will be affected next season. 

The guy was running thru big holes....

2 hours ago, jet1968 said:

I want to see DEFENSIVE BPA for the first four picks.  Running back isnt as high a priority as what pundits claim , probably be able to get a descent one when the 53 man roster cuts are made.

Getting a RB that even touches the talent level after the draft makes no sense. Using the first 4 picks on defense makes no sense either.

11 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

I mean, if we draft an RB in the 1st round, particularly if we do it at 15 without trading down, we're not serious about building this defense.  Just sayin...

No matter who is taken at #15 does not mean Ballard is not serious about building the defense.

I don't think he got his reputation by being stupid.