Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Superbowl In A Super City

MCurtis32

While I'm feeling the love of another Patriot loss to a Manning family member, I want to congradulate the city of Indianapolis, its people and all who made this years game an outstanding success. I did not get to experience this years game but many of my friends made the trip and are glowing about your city as I'm writting now. Once again, Good show!

Oh man did we knock this out of the park. Me and my wife spent alot of time down there, and it was just fantastic, Im so proud of the city, the volunteers, the NFL, the various police/fire/medic personal, and most of all Mother Nature. All were just fantastic.

Balls in your court New York!

I am not sure but I think this was the first time the host city has been thanked twice by the winning team in their post game comments.

We didn't hit a homerun we hit a walkoff and are still standing at the plate watching it fly out of the park. I am just glad the game lived up to the hype set up by the city this week.

I am not sure but I think this was the first time the host city has been thanked twice by the winning team in their post game comments.

We didn't hit a homerun we hit a walkoff and are still standing at the plate watching it fly out of the park. I am just glad the game lived up to the hype set up by the city this week.

I am not from Indianapolis, but I noticed that too and am proud of the city for representing well. I thought that was very classy of the Giants owner to thank Indy and say that it was great to be able to share this with them. They definitely knew that they had the support of the Colts fans. Congrats to Indy and to the Super Bowl XLVI Champion New York Football Giants.

So glad we were not subjected to having to witness Tom Brady and Bill Belichick lifting up the Lombardi in Peyton's house.

To Eli, you have come into your own and are a force to be reckoned with in this league. Hopefully your success will motivate your brother even more. Good job.

Oh man did we knock this out of the park. Me and my wife spent alot of time down there, and it was just fantastic, Im so proud of the city, the volunteers, the NFL, the various police/fire/medic personal, and most of all Mother Nature. All were just fantastic.

Well, Indy sure set a standard for weather than New York almost certainly won't beat next year

I am not from Indianapolis, but I noticed that too and am proud of the city for representing well. I thought that was very classy of the Giants owner to thank Indy and say that it was great to be able to share this with them. They definitely knew that they had the support of the Colts fans. Congrats to Indy and to the Super Bowl XLVI Champion New York Football Giants.

We were just good hosts, not only did we role the red carpet for the Super Bowl we even loaned our fanbase to them for two weeks :).

Yeah, it appears as if you can't find a negative word about the prep and presentation of the Super Bowl this year. Hoosiers did yourselves proud. Major props to you!!

I can't imagine how...where...the "Super Bowl Experience" will be done next year. The stadium is 25 mins from downtown NY and in another state altogether. Nothing to do around the stadium since the Xanadu project went belly-up and is a mess right now.

Maybe they'll have a zip line from the stadium to midtown New York? Now THAT would be an "exprience"!!

We were just good hosts, not only did we role the red carpet for the Super Bowl we even loaned our fanbase to them for two weeks :).

You think NY sports fans have gotten over the whole Reggie Miller thing now? I mean, we had their back on this one, big-time.

You think NY sports fans have gotten over the whole Reggie Miller thing now? I mean, we had their back on this one, big-time.

Well it's the reverse in basketball. A lot of Pacers fans couldn't stand the Knicks but liked Boston because they had one of Indiana's other favorite son's Larry Bird.

Indianapolis has been a great host city. Id be surprised if we didnt get another SB in the near future. All I heard was positive reviews from folks. haha that zipline was a major attraction too.

The NFL likes to bring the Super once a decade it seems. I think Indy will be the midwest city. Minnosta and St. Louis both have doomed stadiums but both stadium are older while the old Vikings stadium held one Super Bowl I am not sure they could do it again. That leaves us with Detroit and frankly I think the city of Indianapolis is just laid out better for the Super Bowl than Detroit is.

With the experience of having already hosted a SB, the next time around will be even better! We had by far the best 1st week of February weather that I can remember. We could have just as easily had a foot of snow on the ground and 20 below temperatures.

Well, Indy sure set a standard for weather than New York almost certainly won't beat next year

It is in New Orleans next year!!! Isn't it? I thought it was.

It is in New York in 2014 and in Glendale, Arizona in 2015.

At least this one says so:

http://football.about.com/cs/superbowl/a/sbfuturesites.htm

So does this one:

http://expandyourmind.hubpages.com/hub/2011-Superbowl

it would be nice he NLF decided to have it back up here in the next 5 years

That's going to be hard to do, they have already awarded the next three or four Super Bowls I believe and they normally vote on these at the owners meeting that is coming up very soon so we can't put a bid together in time for that. Odds are we might apply again in the next five years which would probably bring the game back here again in about the next ten years.

I put this in another thread but it probably should go here:

I got to go downtown three times and one thing I noticed there were a lot of midwesterns there. in away it was the midwest's Super Bowl and people from Nashville, St. Louis, Cincy, Chi-town, and other midwestern cities came because they know they will never get a Super Bowl and this was as close as it would come. That helped the crowd numbers I am sure.

I also think people always under estimate Indianapolis because it's in Chicago's backyard and isn't the big city. WIth that said people forget Indianapolis hosts the two single day largest sporting events every year in the Indy 500 and Brickyard 400. We've had been hosting 500's for 50 years before the Super Bowl was even thought of. We know how to do events. Add to that the jobs we do with Final fours, Big 10 basketball tournments and the now the Big 10 football title game as well as doing events like the Pan-Am Games and the Police and Fire World games we know how to do these events. It's been proven that once someone comes here they almost always come back. The Indiana Sports Corp should get huge praise for that.

Indy has three huge things that works in it's favor the Super Bowl, one we have a roof stadium that is newer than any other stadium in the midwest. Two we have a compact downtown which means everything is with in walking distance or at most a 15 minute car ride if you truly want to go to some place like Broad Ripple and three the people. Just about everyone I bumped into downtown this week that wasn't from Indy couldn't get over how nice people were here. At first I thought the Super Day stuff was hooky but out of towners ate it up. Also I'll give you this story I was getting ready to go into media day and waiting in line and the security was lining people up and nicely asking people to form two lines one for if you have a bag and one if you didn't so things would go quicker and the Steelers fans behind me went wow your guards are nice ours just yell at us and curse at us. Those little things mean a lot.

I am interested to see where the city goes from here. Before these two weeks I thought no way will we get another Super Bowl. Now I am sure we will. I got a chance to talk to someone who works for the Sports corp and they said the next prize is in the next 20 to 30 years is getting an olympic summer games here. I am not sure about that but hey 20 to 30 years ago no one would have thought we would get a Suepr Bowl here. I think the more realistic prize is another Super Bowl or maybe even a college bowl game and something not sports related, a national political convention.

Yeah, it appears as if you can't find a negative word about the prep and presentation of the Super Bowl this year. Hoosiers did yourselves proud. Major props to you!!

I can't imagine how...where...the "Super Bowl Experience" will be done next year. The stadium is 25 mins from downtown NY and in another state altogether. Nothing to do around the stadium since the Xanadu project went belly-up and is a mess right now.

Maybe they'll have a zip line from the stadium to midtown New York? Now THAT would be an "exprience"!!

The entire sports world got a taste of how "user friendly" Indy is .. The college and Pro BB world alrady knew this ... but now EVERY HACK IN THE SPORTS WORLD KNOWS IT.

Indy is simply the best "Big Event" city in the US... We just know how to do it....

And I totally expect another SB.

I thought Indy did a fantastic city and I am very proud of my city. What really made it go well is the weather held off. This time last year we had ice all over the place so having a very mild winter in February was very lucky. At least I knew if it did snow we would have done a much better job then what Dallas did.

The only thing I heard was from people who have this mistaken view of Indy as this sleepy eye midwest town. One guy said that it seemed Indy was just trying to hard for the type of city it was.

Schefter was tweeting that the people he talked said that they thought Indy should be a part of the permantent rotation.

Here in the bay area....we have hear SUPERB things about Indy being host last week. How amazing it was, everything accessible. And how beautiful LOS. Though I don't love there, being a colts fans, made me feel so proud.

Great Job to the city and its residents!!!!!

I put this in another thread but it probably should go here:

I got to go downtown three times and one thing I noticed there were a lot of midwesterns there. in away it was the midwest's Super Bowl and people from Nashville, St. Louis, Cincy, Chi-town, and other midwestern cities came because they know they will never get a Super Bowl and this was as close as it would come. That helped the crowd numbers I am sure.

I also think people always under estimate Indianapolis because it's in Chicago's backyard and isn't the big city. WIth that said people forget Indianapolis hosts the two single day largest sporting events every year in the Indy 500 and Brickyard 400. We've had been hosting 500's for 50 years before the Super Bowl was even thought of. We know how to do events. Add to that the jobs we do with Final fours, Big 10 basketball tournments and the now the Big 10 football title game as well as doing events like the Pan-Am Games and the Police and Fire World games we know how to do these events. It's been proven that once someone comes here they almost always come back. The Indiana Sports Corp should get huge praise for that.

Indy has three huge things that works in it's favor the Super Bowl, one we have a roof stadium that is newer than any other stadium in the midwest. Two we have a compact downtown which means everything is with in walking distance or at most a 15 minute car ride if you truly want to go to some place like Broad Ripple and three the people. Just about everyone I bumped into downtown this week that wasn't from Indy couldn't get over how nice people were here. At first I thought the Super Day stuff was hooky but out of towners ate it up. Also I'll give you this story I was getting ready to go into media day and waiting in line and the security was lining people up and nicely asking people to form two lines one for if you have a bag and one if you didn't so things would go quicker and the Steelers fans behind me went wow your guards are nice ours just yell at us and curse at us. Those little things mean a lot.

I am interested to see where the city goes from here. Before these two weeks I thought no way will we get another Super Bowl. Now I am sure we will. I got a chance to talk to someone who works for the Sports corp and they said the next prize is in the next 20 to 30 years is getting an olympic summer games here. I am not sure about that but hey 20 to 30 years ago no one would have thought we would get a Suepr Bowl here. I think the more realistic prize is another Super Bowl or maybe even a college bowl game and something not sports related, a national political convention.

GC 18...

This is what I was thinking.....That Indianapolis is a perfect spot for the Olympic Games...

..We have all the Indy-area college facilities you could ask for ...plus the pro sites in downtown Indy....

Events could be held in West Lafayette, Bloomington or even South Bend...

the only problem is hotel space...

As many hotels as they already have...Indy needs more

GC 18...

This is what I was thinking.....That Indianapolis is a perfect spot for the Olympic Games...

..We have all the Indy-area college facilities you could ask for ...plus the pro sites in downtown Indy....

Events could be held in West Lafayette, Bloomington or even South Bend...

the only problem is hotel space...

As many hotels as they already have...Indy needs more

Well if the 20 to 30 years time table is right you can build a lot of hotels in that time :)

Also people should check out Peter King's Monday Morning QB lots more glowing about Indy.