Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign Hankins

Everyone

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 more EDGE rushers, an ILB or 2, and a CB in the first 4 RD's and like I said. IT IS FREAKING ON BABY. Imagine Takk and Sheard and Simon coming off the edge, and maybe Cunningham, Davis, or McMillian (RD2), Anzalone (RD4) or Spence, or just whoever we draft at ILB with a beast like Hankins at NT. Yeah. Expect our ILB's to be making some plays now that they'll be able to stay clean with a dominant NT playing in front of them, demanding Double teams, and etc. PLUS. Hankins can get into the backfield and wreak havoc. He can put up 4-5 sacks. Maybe 6-7 if we move him around in sub packages like I said above. Then Jourdan Lewis, and another kid like Griffin at CB.....O YEAH!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

i concur

We aren't far away, a lot of posters are just too patient, and are actually content with not winning for 2-3 years. pft. Screw that. When you have a franchise QB you can contend every year, and fill basically every hole in one offseason with SMART moves. If we can just knock this draft outta the park and get 3-4 day 1 starters/contributors then we're probably gonna win 10-11 games and win the south. People think I'm crazy for expecting "too much". lmao I just expect us to NOT waste 12's career away and this was a big step.

2 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Look at last year's production from both Parry and Hankins:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/ParrDa00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HankJo00.htm

$10,000,000 per seems way too steep...but I know, he played out of position.  So what happened in 2015, other than injuries?

You can't judge DT/NT on stats.

1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

Where is 449?  Not BR-449 but Colts449  I mean seriously... where is our guy from Kwhy

...sorry couldn't resist.

I'm right here bro. Been busy all day, and just got settled in a couple hours ago before coming in and getting on my laptop (Don't like to use my iPhone for internet) But I'm here and all's I got to say is YEAH WE'RE ALL IN ON HANKINS BABY lmao or whatever Supe said the other day attempting to mock me. Yeah I get pumped up because I'm a meathead, jock, whatever they call it now. And I'm LOVING this!!!!!

And what does Kwhy mean?

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

That's not as pressing a need as ILB and CB though. We can't start Edwin Jackson, Morrison, and Melvin. Plus those are Grigson guys which Ballard is quickly getting rid of. Two things they had in Chicago and KC when he was there was LBs and CBs.

It's just as pressing and more important position

2 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I'm right here bro. Been busy all day, and just got settled in a couple hours ago before coming in and getting on my laptop (Don't like to use my iPhone for internet) But I'm here and all's I got to say is YEAH WE'RE ALL IN ON HANKINS BABY lmao or whatever Supe said the other day attempting to mock me. Yeah I get pumped up because I'm a meathead, jock, whatever they call it now. And I'm LOVING this!!!!!

And what does Kwhy mean?

Lol, not sure... just sounded good... don't read anything into it.

3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

And what does Kwhy mean?

Wasn't mocking you, it was just a little jokey-joke. 

2 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I am well aware of that but nothing really jumps out that says, "10 million per"????  I am VERY hopeful for him showing dominance but will stand reserved until said "dominance" shows itself.

err on the side of caution is never a bad policy

4 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

err on the side of caution is never a bad policy

Definitely better than thinking that this was the most bestest signing ever...lol!  I showed comparable stats for two players at the same position (so to speak)....one is on a rookie deal and one received a ridiculous amount of money for their production.  I am glad he is a colt but I hope he lives up to the contract.

6 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I am well aware of that but nothing really jumps out that says, "10 million per"????  I am VERY hopeful for him showing dominance but will stand reserved until said "dominance" shows itself.

I'm not expecting dominance.

1 minute ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Definitely better than thinking that this was the most bestest signing ever...lol!  I showed comparable stats for two players at the same position (so to speak)....one is on a rookie deal and one received a ridiculous amount of money for their production.  I am glad he is a colt but I hope he lives up to the contract.

I agree and I am hopeful as well (l checked out the comparisons btw), but I am putting my faith in Ballard too... mostly because I want him to be as good as everyone has said he will be.

8 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Just watched a bunch of highlights of him and I still can't see anything that tells me he's one of the best NT or DT or whatever.  It's not my money, and we had a ton of cash, so I'm good with it.  I know we're better, but I'm not sure just how much better.   

1 minute ago, cbear said:

Just watched a bunch of highlights of him and I still can't see anything that tells me he's one of the best NT or DT or whatever.  It's not my money, and we had a ton of cash, so I'm good with it.  I know we're better, but I'm not sure just how much better.   

I agree with you... He has his moments, but meh... hopefully the DL gels though and the money really doesn't matter when it comes down to it.  As I said a minute ago... we can only trust CB until he either proves himself be it good or bad decisions.

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

10 mil is gonna become the norm for good D linemen you are trying to pay them like they did in the past 

Not trying to pick on you... but you can also buy a pocket knife for $10M... anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay... today Colts decided he is worth what they paid... has nothing to do with times...

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

Not trying to pick on you... but you can also buy a pocket knife for $10M... anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay... today Colts decided he is worth what they paid... has nothing to do with times...

Yes it does the cap rises every single year that means you will have to pay more to get top players 

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

10 mil is gonna become the norm for good D linemen you are trying to pay them like they did in the past 

His own team nor anyone else was willing to pay him that...I am HOPEFUL that he earns it as he is a Colt.  I will always cheer on a Colt, regardless of how I feel about them or their contract.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yes it does the cap rises every single year that means you will have to pay more to get top players 

Again, not trying to pick on you but that doesn't make any sense... its all good though.  You are right the nominal value goes up every year.  Thanks

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The cap rising is not an excuse to overpay for middling talent though, that only continues to drive up the price for all players at that position.  I am glad Indy signed him, just wish it would have been more in line of what the market dictated.

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

Again, not trying to pick on you but that doesn't make any sense... its all good though.  You are right the nominal value goes up every year.  Thanks

lmao I have no idea how it makes no sense to you it's complete logic. Why do you think average QBs are now making outrageous money now?

The cap rising is not an excuse to overpay for middling talent though, that only continues to drive up the price for all players at that position.  I am glad Indy signed him, just wish it would have been more in line of what the market dictated.

He is good and young he will get paid if he was elite we would have had to pay even more then 10 mil 

In Free Agency they are most of the time.  I bet you are one of those who would have dropped their drawers for Suh.  Miami can't get out of that contract soon enough.

No I wouldn't have paid that to suh but I'm not gonna + and moan when Ballard pays what he has to to sign players designed how the cap rises will cause contracts to go up this deal with Hankins isn't bear as bad as you are making it out to be 

2 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

He needs to earn it though...he has shown little in the past few years to have earned it.  I would have been more accepting if it had been 8 per but 10 per................he needs to show it?

I agree but Ballard payed what he had to i trust him to make the choices