Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Saturday To Join Front Office? [Merge]

Smonroe

I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire this year, it has been in the talks for several years. Nice to see the Colts offer him a front office job. Saturday seems like an intelligent guy and I am sure he could help this team out behind the scenes.

I commented on that article-- I like the idea personally, but ony after Jeff cannot play football anymore. I don't want to see him hang the cleats up yet. 1 or 2 more years.... but yeah I wouldn't mind seeing him as a part of the administration.

I always thought he would make a great coach but I could also see him working the front office. The Colts have a history of doing this former players. Bill Brooks and Glenn have both worked for the Colts after their careers ended. It's pretty clear Saturday has a gread mind for just football in general and I think he would make a very good front office guy. If he retires and doesn't join our front office it wouldn't shock me at all if the Pats try to bring him into theirs. Kraft and Saturday developed a deep respect for each other over the labor deal. The only major hold up I could see is that I saw yesterday that Saturday is one of the three front runners to take over the players association preisdent. I am not sure if him working in a front office would hurt that or not. WIth that said I am not sure that being the president of the NFLPA would mean more to Jeff than working for the Colts either. I just get the idea no matter what we are going to see and hear from Jeff after he's done playing and personally I think that's a good thing.

I commented on that article-- I like the idea personally, but ony after Jeff cannot play football anymore. I don't want to see him hang the cleats up yet. 1 or 2 more years.... but yeah I wouldn't mind seeing him as a part of the administration.

I don't know. For a smallish O-lineman, he's stretchin it out pretty thin already. I think he'll play 1 more season IF Peyton returns.

I don't know. For a smallish O-lineman, he's stretchin it out pretty thin already. I think he'll play 1 more season IF Peyton returns.

I predicted before the season started that this past season would be Saturday's last, and that was before we had any idea that Peyton would not start the season. I still think there is a good chance that I end up being right on that one.

The only major hold up I could see is that I saw yesterday that Saturday is one of the three front runners to take over the players association preisdent. I am not sure if him working in a front office would hurt that or not.

I think that would be a pretty major conflict of interest.

I think that would be a pretty major conflict of interest.

I agree that's why I think it might be a hold up. Who knows Irsay make take his term as the Preisdent of the NFLPA (if he get's it) and then go into a front office job. Or he might feel like he needs to take the front office job when he can get it rather than take the Preisdent of the NFLPA. I don't think he would do both though but I could be wrong.

I read it as them saying he's got the job if he wants it, Don't see any reason to push him into retirement. He played one of his best seasons last year despite the rest of the team sucking.

not saying their forcing retirement on him, but i do find it weird their offering him a job when he already has one.

not saying their forcing retirement on him, but i do find it weird their offering him a job when he already has one.

I've seen quite a few comments from people about how they do think the FO is trying to force him to retire (not you, and it's really more on sites like PFT that I'm talking about) so I was just kinda addressing that.

I don't think it's weird though. He's obviously considering retiring and I'm just guessing we want to let him know that if he does decide to retire, he's got a chair with his name on it in our front office if he wants it.

I read it as them saying he's got the job if he wants it, Don't see any reason to push him into retirement. He played one of his best seasons last year despite the rest of the team sucking.

That's what I thought....

He should not retire..yet unless he has injury problems we dont know about.....

,,but obviously NFL execs were impressed by his negotaiting manner and understanding of NFL issues during the strike.

..he could be an assistant GM....

He'd be a great guy to have in the FO, but I think we can all agree that we want him on the field for a couple more years.

There are nearly zero absolutes that an entire fan base agrees upon. It use to be zero absolutes, but then I saw fans wanting to lose last season and I wretched. I love Jeff, but he is unable to get any push in the run game when we need a first down. I want to see his replacement after this season at the most.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire this year, it has been in the talks for several years. Nice to see the Colts offer him a front office job. Saturday seems like an intelligent guy and I am sure he could help this team out behind the scenes.

I would def like to see him as a part of this organization after his NFL career is over.