Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Connor Barwin? I would've hoped by now that we learned not to sign other teams trash. No need for Trent Cole 2.0

Yep, after a brief look at his numbers, I have to agree. We'd be better off keeping Walden for a 1 yr. cheap deal. Wrong side of 30 as well like Walden.

Just now, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

He can't do that either. Just an all around bad player 

Mingo came out of college an extremely athletic, but raw pass rusher. He doesn't offer much, but its a cheap deal to get some depth.

6 minutes ago, Shive said:

Mingo came out of college an extremely athletic, but raw pass rusher. He doesn't offer much, but its a cheap deal to get some depth.

Yeah he was an athletic freak that was banked on to develop pass rusher skills or coverage in space type skills. Unfortunately for the Browns and Patriots he developed neither. Here's to hoping he does in Indy. 

5 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Awesome a good start to free agency I suckie Punter and a worse LB please give me Waldon back!

Looked into Locke and while his punt avg wasn't great, he was top 5 in pinning teams within their 20. Mingo is extremely athletic and on a cheap deal, so no problem there. Walden may be back after he realized he's not getting what he thought he could on the open market..

1 minute ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Yeah he was an athletic freak that was banked on to develop pass rusher skills or coverage in space type skills. Unfortunately for the Browns and Patriots he developed neither. Here's to hoping he does in Indy. 

Times like these you wish we had players like Freeney or Mathis to show this kid the ropes. 

3 minutes ago, Shive said:

Looked into Locke and while his punt avg wasn't great, he was top 5 in pinning teams within their 20.

Thank you for pointing this out. A far more important stat imo than overall average. :)

5 minutes ago, Shive said:

Looked into Locke and while his punt avg wasn't great, he was top 5 in pinning teams within their 20. Mingo is extremely athletic and on a cheap deal, so no problem there. Walden may be back after he realized he's not getting what he thought he could on the open market..

I like the fact that he's a left-footed punter, that could cause returners to mishandle some punts.

6 minutes ago, Shive said:

Yeah, much more accurate than powerful. 

Probably good as our ST guys messed up a few  punts from Pat this past season by fumbling it into the end zone.

53 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm going to take a break for awhile. Just making myself mad and some of you mad. Will come back in a bit and see if we signed someone.

I doubt you're making anyone mad. But think about this, we are all as excited as you are for signings and new rumors to be announced. So we're keeping a close eye on this and other threads hoping to see some new news. We click on the thread after seeing a bunch of replies hoping that something may have happened, but instead it's just more emotional overreacting.  Makes it very difficult to enjoy what should be an exciting time of the year. :)

12 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

I doubt you're making anyone mad. But think about this, we are all as excited as you are for signings and new rumors to be announced. So we're keeping a close eye on this and other threads hoping to see some new news. We click on the thread after seeing a bunch of replies hoping that something may have happened, but instead it's just more emotional overreacting.  Makes it very difficult to enjoy what should be an exciting time of the year. :)

Can't argue with that. I understand, and well said.

30 minutes ago, masnerj said:

Maybe Mingo can cover RBs in space on 3rd downs?

Maybe an idea cause he is extremely athletic but just not as big as you want for a typical starting edge guy or ILB. 

I think Pagano told Ballard he could coach him up and Ballard bought it

26 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Thank you for pointing this out. A far more important stat imo than overall average. :)

Or he can have the "black smokey monster" invade the Locke body like in "Lost" and improve his average while engulfing oncoming tacklers. :) 

I knew we wouldn't be as active as people on here insisted we would be, but I am a little surprised that we didn't get one of the guards in free agency after hearing Ballard's comments about the right side of the offensive line. I don't think another rookie is going to help much.

Lang and Fluker are the only two left and Seattle already has Lang as their top priority.

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I knew we wouldn't be as active as people on here insisted we would be, but I am a little surprised that we didn't get one of the guards in free agency after hearing Ballard's comments about the right side of the offensive line. I don't think another rookie is going to help much.

Lang and Fluker are the only two left and Seattle already has Lang as their top priority.

What did he say about the right side of the line? He said in a recent interview he liked Haeg and Clark. 

8 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

What did he say about the right side of the line? He said in a recent interview he liked Haeg and Clark. 

To be fair he also said a few times that he wants to get competition in there. I don't think he implied going after huge names though, and he could've just said the "adding competition" line more just to push Haeg and Clark to earn it.

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm surprised they have Lang ranked above Hightower.   Either of those would be sweet at a reasonable rate

My priorities at this point would be brown, Sheard, Ryan's, and Hankins. Re-sign Turbin and Butler....than we can go in the draft and go in any direction at any pick. Slim that we could afford all those guys but that would be my targets.