Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning Cleared

Blackhawk4

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news. Looking forward to Manning & Luck.

Manning is a smart man. He knows that Monday Irsay will want to talk, so he got himself cleared so that the convo could only go one way.

Now Irsay needs to write that check or he may need to call the FBI and enter the witness protection program.

Theres a reason why @bkravitz can't get a job at a real newspaper..no offense to indy star fans.

Ive got links in the FBI, we will find Irsay... ;)

We have known for a while that Peyton is at no more risk of hurting his neck in a game than any other QB. The Pro-Luck crowd will want you to believe otherwise. Sometimes I think Kravitz posts on here under multiple accounts.

Thanks, earlyriser. Appreciate the help!

Then how was he cleared???

He is cleared medically to play based on the fusion in his neck. The medical clearance is all about safety, and his ability to take NFL hits. This clearance was given once the docs are satisfied that the fusion has fixed.

As the article states, this has nothing to do with the nerve, and the previous muscle atrophy which will affect performance, how far, how fast, he is able to throw the ball.

The docs will issue me a medical clearance to play football, without caring that I can't throw the ball better than Painter.

http://espn.go.com/n...r?eleven=twelve

Peyton Manning has been medically cleared by two doctors, including Dr. Robert Watkins, who performed the most recent surgery on the Indianapolis Colts quarterback's neck, to resume his NFL career, sources told Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Take it how you want to take it. In a way you can view it as really vague and in a way you can view this as the greatest news we could hear on Manning.

AndHereWeGo.gif

Sorry, guys, my bad. I guess it would help if I read the article that was posted instead of just following the comments. The article does say that his nerves need to finish regenerating, and that the 'clearing' involved was merely a safety clearing. Sorry to clog up the stream with an unnecessary question.

He is cleared medically to play based on the fusion in his neck. The medical clearance is all about safety, and his ability to take NFL hits. This clearance was given once the docs are satisfied that the fusion has fixed.

As the article states, this has nothing to do with the nerve, and the previous muscle atrophy which will affect performance, how far, how fast, he is able to throw the ball.

The docs will issue me a medical clearance to play football, without caring that I can't throw the ball better than Painter.

Thanks, I see the light, now. Well, now we can hope for the nerves to finish their work, and get Peyton back for another 4 solid years. Woohoo! Go Colts! :) Just a little immaturity moment, there... :)

And we know that over a month ago from AV that Peyton was almost back to his old self which is considerably better than Painter.

You must be a Stanford Alum or something ...

Forgive me for not trusting biased sources.

I reiterate, that AV does not know as much as the trainers and the coaches that Mr, Irsay employs to advise him of PM's rehab progress. I will trust the opinions of these people over AV's opinions.

Just like I trust the docs' opinions about his recent medical clearance to PLAY over some fan's erroneous opinion that PM already had been cleared to practice before.

The article just said Luck told reporters that he wants to start immediately... that may be another person putting words in ppls mouth but if thats what luck said then there might be some issues if peyton is kept.

If it's the same article I saw then it also says Luck said he could coexist with Peyton.

With that said after reading some on this Peyton being cleared just means his neck is good. What I saw said there were still questions about the nerves in his arm. With that said I've been busy running around today so I haven't been following this too close yet so clearly I might have missed more to this stroies.

Every team needs 2 good Qbs. Manning will play and play like he never missed time. Manning is Indy and Indy is Manning. Besides Brady, Brees and Rodgers, Noone is better than Manning.

We have a 4 time mvp Qb who wants to play and finish his career here. With him, we win the south and reach the playoffs. There is nothing wrong with having both Manning and Luck. We win now and we win in the future. If Luck has a problem sitting and learning behind Manning, than he isn't a team player. We could draft RG3 and use him right away as a change up for P. M and he would be happy to learn from the master. You don't win the Heisman (beats out Luck) as a fluke! RG3 is a smart kid and great athlete(track star speed/strong arm)

Don't forget! We had Edge J. lead the nfl in rushing his first 2 years 1500+ each year. . That and Marvin were the reasons we were winning. They helped out a rookie Qb named P.M. We can't put a rookie Qb in there now without other weapons around him and expect to win. Manning is a proven winner and has that fire to win and play at a high level again. The colts and colts fans want to win now, we don't want to wait to win sometime in the future. Keep Manning. Draft Luck or RG3 to take over after Manning retires in 2 years. Everyone wins! Manning leads us back to the playoffs, Irsay is called a hero in Indy, and we draft our Qb for the future.

If it's the same article I saw then it also says Luck said he could coexist with Peyton.

With that said after reading some on this Peyton being cleared just means his neck is good. What I saw said there were still questions about the nerves in his arm. With that said I've been busy running around today so I haven't been following this too close yet so clearly I might have missed more to this stroies.

The one i posted only mentioned him wanting to start immediately, but i really wanna hear some definitive words out of peyton or irsays mouth.. we all knew about the clearing thing... we wanna know how is his arm.

Why am I not surprised with good news people want to be negative? Can we take things for what is said for once, and not pull it apart?

It is good news and I'm happy but I'm also a realist. Peyton is not 100% right now. If he were Irsay wouldn't even have a decision to make.(other than whether to add another QB through draft) . If he does get back to 100% it could be a couple months or it could be a couple years from now. Nerves are unpredictable to say the least. We don't know anything on his arm strength and accuracy right now.

It's good news, but it isn't definitive because this is what Irsay said yesterday on NFLN-

"

Irsay said he would pay the $28 million bonus due for picking up Manning's contract “in a second” if it would help the Colts win. The date when the bonus is due is March 8 although Irsay said it could be changed.

“You can't make a decision that's going to strap you for the next three years,” Irsay said. “If we make a decision based on just affection and have some serious salary-cap problems and we're losing three years from now, fans are going to say ‘What an dipstick. Why are you so stupid? Why did you strap us with this situation?'

“It's a tough decision either way.”

Irsay said people are wrong to assume that a decision has been made and said Manning's neck issues are so unusual they could be used as a case study for quarterbacks in the future.

“We'll talk after the Super Bowl and continue to talk into early March and maybe even beyond that,” Irsay said. “This isn't about the money.”

Irsay said major decisions like this often stretch as long as possible.

“Oftentimes you don't know (the end result) and you take as much time to be thoughtful and make a decision at the last possible moment you can,” he said."

I'm certain Irsay is more aware of everything than any of us Fans / Speculators.

Full article here-

http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120202/SPORTS/120209938/-1/LIVING02

The one i posted only mentioned him wanting to start immediately, but i really wanna hear some definitive words out of peyton or irsays mouth.. we all knew about the clearing thing... we wanna know how is his arm.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7532724/2012-nfl-draft-andrew-luck-says-hoping-play-right-away

"INDIANAPOLIS -- Andrew Luck is willing to learn from Peyton Manning. He just wants everyone to know he's ready to play next season, too.

The Stanford quarterback said Thursday he could co-exist as Manning's teammate even though his preference would be to play immediately."

Not sure if it's been posted here yet, but Jason LaCanfora said this...

“The nerve has been the issue for months, not the neck,” NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora said. “I’ve talked to people in the Colts’ organization who said, ‘We’re not going to respond to the report, because we don’t see any news in it.’ … There are times where he has tingling, has the wrong sensations, he can’t grip the ball, throw the ball with velocity. There is no consistency there.”

The full article is here: http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/02/02/the-wait-for-colts-is-on-mannings-arm/?module=HP11_headline_stack

Cmon man! He was throwing with "good velocity" and looking close to his old self at the end of the season. It is a pretty safe bet that he has made progress since then.

The question now is does Peyton take a pay cut to stay in Indy or does Irsay choose Luck over Peyton?

Yes, but it is still being said that the nerve is not regenerating meaning he is not able to build that arm strength. He is able to make 30 throws in an afternoon right now. The question that looms is can he make the 1000 throws per week that he will need to.

Not sure if it's been posted here yet, but Jason LaCanfora said this...

“The nerve has been the issue for months, not the neck,” NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora said. “I’ve talked to people in the Colts’ organization who said, ‘We’re not going to respond to the report, because we don’t see any news in it.’ … There are times where he has tingling, has the wrong sensations, he can’t grip the ball, throw the ball with velocity. There is no consistency there.”

The full article is here: http://blogs.nfl.com..._headline_stack

Wow. That is huge. Can't grip the ball at times? He still has a long way to go IMO. Just my opinion. Don't freak out. I still hope like crazy Peyton can play again but I still think it's not going to be here. Colts can't afford to wait a year or more to see how it pans out.

Yes, but it is still being said that the nerve is not regenerating meaning he is not able to build that arm strength. He is able to make 30 throws in an afternoon right now. The question that looms is can he make the 1000 throws per week that he will need to.

Where did you get that 30 throw info?