Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reactions to Pagano's presser [Merge]

Jackie Daytona

11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Pagano isn't hot garbage but the fact that he doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes is my biggest problem with him. For years now, slow starts, lack of game planning and a desire to play 1970s style football that is so outdated that it doesn't work, are the tell tale signs Pagano needs to go

How so?  What is this 1970's style that you're referring to? 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Literally my first thought when I saw the thread headline...great minds think alike.

haha  no kidding.  That song has been on constant rewind and replay in my head  since I saw the title of this thread.

3 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Your problem is not that you agree or disagree with someone, it's that you tell them they are "too close to the trees to see the forrest" (which, is a comical misstatement of the phrase, by the way).  It's aggravating at best, ignorant/condescending/stupid at worst, when someone offers a contrary opinion and you dismiss it by simply saying - you're too biased to know wha'ts right.  Especially when someone's different opinion is a sort of neutral gesture - not too far on one side or the other.  In other words, when someone attempts neutrality and you shoot it down the way you did, you come across as the one who can't "see the forrest for the trees."

I agree to disagree with you .. We clearly have a difference of opinion and that's ok . i feel strongly about my thoughts  and opinions and clearly you feel the same I apologize if i offended you in any way . I thought I was having a discussion and didn't realize you would take It as an personal attack on you sorry again

6 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

How so?  What is this 1970's style that you're referring to? 

This whole power run bull crap when we don't have the personnel to run like that. This refusal to use the no huddle when its obvious to a kind man that it's when our offense works best

Just now, csmopar said:

This whole power run bull crap when we don't have the personnel to run like that. This refusal to use the no huddle when its obvious to a kind man that it's when our offense works best

This, I don't understand.  What power run bullcrap?  The Colts were in the middle of the pack in terms of rushing attempts, ranked #16.  If anything, they gave up on the run too often....not the other way around.  And more often than not, the rushing game was actually working this year.

Also, it was pretty well documented over the offseason that Philbin and Chud would be installing more of a zone blocking scheme than a power man blocking scheme. 

Finally, Chip Kelly is the only coach that has ever tried to run no huddle the entire game.  Most coaches use it sparingly, just as the Colts do.

2 hours ago, HGRekks said:

My completely uninformed prediction is Pagano will stay, Grigson will go and Jimmy Raye III will be promoted  and take over as GM. Raye just attended the seminar for prospective GMs this last offseason and Pagano really seems like an Irsay guy more than Grigson to me. I think it's the only way Irsay can move the GM and keep someone who will give Pagano another chance.

Of course, I don't know much.

It's possible, but it's fairly rare to let go of your GM and keep your HC.  You have to have a lot of confidence in the coach to do that and I don't see any reason Pagano would have earned that confidence.  

New GM's usually like to have a hand in picking the coach.  

56 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

I forgot the Colts went 0-16 the past 5 years with Pagano...never winning a game or even holding a lead.

because everything in business is black and white...... give me a break.  Chuck is not a long term answer as an NFL HC.  Fire him today, not one team is going to bring him in as HC unless there were no other options....

43 minutes ago, Somewhere ovr the Waynebow said:

At this point he is staying.  We'd have an announcement otherwise at this point I think. 

When you have him and Griggles under contract for the next few years, you don't need to announce they are staying.  

No, you don't need to announce anything, but considering the rumors and fan base, I would at least release a statement.   Maybe they are waiting until after season tickets go on sale....

27 minutes ago, Zach Boyd said:

I agree to disagree with you .. We clearly have a difference of opinion and that's ok . i feel strongly about my thoughts  and opinions and clearly you feel the same I apologize if i offended you in any way . I thought I was having a discussion and didn't realize you would take It as an personal attack on you sorry again

You haven't offended me.  I'm not even saying there's no right to disagree.  To dissent is to be American.  I'm just syaing that when someone's opinion differs, fruitful discussion comes from telling someone why there opinion may be wrong, and keeping the personal feelings out of it.  "You're biased" is personal.  Saying why Pagano is worse than what Jason thought - i.e. Pagano's missed challenges, defensive philosophy in games we blew leads, slow starts etc. - is a more productive conversation.

Jesus.

There's nothing strange at all.

Irsay said he didn't expect any changes to be made.

Changes haven't been made.

If you can't put 2 and 2 together to make 4 it probably doesn't matter if someone does it for you because you probably aren't going to understand either way.

CHUCK PAGANO IS THE HEAD COACH OF THE INDIANAPOLIS COLTS. HE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE TODAY, TOMORROW, NEXT WEEK, OR UNTIL NEXT SEASON AT THE EARLIEST.

I would not be surprised if Irsay is enjoying all of this speculation and biding his time on purpose.  But the longer it goes on it makes me think some type of change is coming or else if things were remaining the same you could just say so.  Maybe he really hasn't decided yet?

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

As I said above, the whole idea of firing someone has been created by the fans and the media.  Irsay never alluded to it and an 8-8 record generally doesn't warrant it.

Irsay is under no obligation to say anything more, so I'm not sure what everybody's waiting for.

if that was the case then why the suspense? He would have the meeting with Chuck before his presser and that be all. Something is happening, otherwise chuck would have said " I already have talke dto Irsay and im coming back" Instead he said he hasnt talked and he believes *NOT KNOW* he is coming back.

why cancel their/RG show last night also, etc.

I am not saying they will get fired, who knows, and maybe they come out as if nothing happened but to me its pretty evident they were making a decision.

2 hours ago, Jason_S said:

I forgot the Colts went 0-16 the past 5 years with Pagano...never winning a game or even holding a lead.

No we didn't go 0-16 wih pagano but if Luck wasn't here this team is a 2 win team maybe less time to fire both of grigson and pagano they both need to be flipping burgers at burger king.

I wanted Chuck to stay. Not a huge Grigson fan, but I believe odds are if Grigson got fired odds were that Chuck would as well. Historically speaking, if a GM gets fired and a new one gets brought in, they like to hire a "their guy" as a coach.  This isn't always the case. But still.

Happy to see that odds are Chuck will be on the sideline next year. Make or break season for sure.

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'm on the edge of my seat here. I wanna know already. But I take it, Grigson is thinking long and hard.

What are guys like Holder saying on Twitter?

Me too but I've reached the point where I'm almost certain we are stuck with them again it doesn't take this long to can a HC and GM

8 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

No we didn't go 0-16 wih pagano but if Luck wasn't here this team is a 2 win team maybe less time to fire both of grigson and pagano they both need to be flipping burgers at burger king.

I remember a lot of people saying the same thing last year.

3 minutes ago, Vinatieri4 said:

I wanted Chuck to stay. Not a huge Grigson fan, but I believe odds are if Grigson got fired odds were that Chuck would as well. Historically speaking, if a GM gets fired and a new one gets brought in, they like to hire a "their guy" as a coach.  This isn't always the case. But still.

Happy to see that odds are Chuck will be on the sideline next year. Make or break season for sure.

If chuck stays and no playoffs with that soft schedule then maybe jimmy will come out of the shadows to can him.

48 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

If chuck stays and no playoffs with that soft schedule then maybe jimmy will come out of the shadows to can him.

Agreed. I've always felt that Chuck was not going to get fired after 2016.  I feel that the 2017 is truly the season where he has the pressure to perform, missing the playoffs would probably mean firing him. 

Heck, even making the playoffs and having a poor performance may warrant him losing his job. 

But winning a game or two in the playoffs means he safe.

50 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

Agreed. I've always felt that Chuck was not going to get fired after 2016.  I feel that the 2017 is truly the season where he has the pressure to perform, missing the playoffs would probably mean firing him. 

Heck, even making the playoffs and having a poor performance may warrant him losing his job. 

But winning a game or two in the playoffs means he is safe.

Just my opinion.. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2017 at 9:54 AM, HGRekks said:

My completely uninformed prediction is Pagano will stay, Grigson will go and Jimmy Raye III will be promoted  and take over as GM. Raye just attended the seminar for prospective GMs this last offseason and Pagano really seems like an Irsay guy more than Grigson to me. I think it's the only way Irsay can move the GM and keep someone who will give Pagano another chance.

Of course, I don't know much.

So far, so good.