Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Expectations For The Final Game

Defjamz26

Although we've been eliminated I expect a repeat of last year. The team is going to play their heart out to beat a less than mediocre team and celebrate it like a playoff win. Pagano will talk about grit and they'll celebrate the he'll out of 8-8. I expect them to win but it'll send the wrong message. 

4 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Although we've been eliminated I expect a repeat of last year. The team is going to play their heart out to beat a less than mediocre team and celebrate it like a playoff win. Pagano will talk about grit and they'll celebrate the he'll out of 8-8. I expect them to win but it'll send the wrong message. 

So true pathetic 

1 minute ago, Solon said:

I expect them to play hard and finish the season strong. They failed to accomplish the goals they probably had in place, but it's not a reason to quit. In front of the Indy faithful, I expect them to compete.

I'm just not looking forward to hearing Grigson say that they haven't had a losing season yet. But did help us if they lose to the Jags....again.

1 minute ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'm just not looking forward to hearing Grigson say that they haven't had a losing season yet. But did help us if they lose to the Jags....again.

I agree with you, but we're at home. I don't want to see this team mail it in at Indy. If we were on the road in Jacksonville, I could care less about winning.

14 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Celebrating a win is NEVER the wrong message.     Not ever.

Rolling over and deliberately losing so we can pick slightly higher is sending the wrong message.     Always.

55 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

you have to play to win at home

what would you expect irsay to say

dont bother showing up guys because we are going to tank this one

You mean like last year when we won our last two games of the season even when we had nothing to play for?

I wouldn't hold your breath on a tank-job....

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

You mean like last year when we won our last two games of the season even when we had nothing to play for?

I wouldn't hold your breath on a tank-job....

uh that was my point

i dont want us to tank either, especially not at home.

i have rooted for tanking in the past, but i had a change of heart about that this season.  its not about where you draft, its how you draft

23 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

uh that was my point

i have rooted for tanking in the past, but i had a change of heart about that this season.  its not about where you draft, its how you draft

I have faith that Griggson can find us another Dorsett-type at 15th, just as well as he can at 13th...

12 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

uh that was my point

OK.....   sorry,  it seemed to be worded a little peculiar....    but I see your meaning now that you've explained it.

It needed some....   clarification.

I expect us to play lights out next week.     I'd like nothing more than to kick some serious Jaguar rear-end....

We will look like SB contenders because after we lose an important game this year, the next game, which typically doesn't have many if any implications we look unstoppable because that's what we do.....Average sharpens average like grading on a curve....

14 minutes ago, jimmy g said:

I have faith that Griggson can find us another Dorsett-type at 15th, just as well as he can at 13th...

Aaron11, I was being sarcastic. I meant I have faith Grigson will pick another reciever, when we need a pass-rusher...

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think we will but in all honesty if we do it wouldn't bother me at this point. I don't like having a losing season which at 7-9 it would be but we are out of the Playoffs so it's not a huge deal if we do lose now. Getting swept by Jacks is kind of embarrassing too.

It's worth it if we fired Pagano and Grigson I think being swept by the Jags would get it done 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we will clobber Jacks actually. Andrew will play IMO and probably have 4 TD's and no INT's. This game has a Jets/Vikings sense to it.

Well....     I would have guessed that too...

And then Jacksonville,  playing with a new coach today,  easily beat Tennessee today.    And they were beating the Titans 25-10 when Marriota was hurt.       

J'Ville is now playing with renewed energy, a chip on its shoulder,  and nothing to lose.    That makes them a more dangerous team than we might've expected....

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....     I would have guessed that too...

And then Jacksonville,  playing with a new coach today,  easily beat Tennessee today.    And they were beating the Titans 25-10 when Marriota was hurt.       

J'Ville is now playing with renewed energy, a chip on its shoulder,  and nothing to lose.    That makes them a more dangerous team than we might've expected....

Yeah we are tough to predict so who knows, I do think we win though.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It might, I think a change may be the way to go. We came out flat against Houston 2 weeks ago and did it again today in 2 must win situations. That sucks!

Everyone thinks I hate this team I actually love it I just don't see us getting anywhere with those 2 so I beg and plead for a change of direction so we can get our * to the Super Bowl where we belong 

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Everyone thinks I hate this team I actually love it I just don't see us getting anywhere with those 2 so I beg and plead for a change of direction so we can get our * to the Super Bowl where we belong 

You may be right actually. I just bust peoples chops for Posting negative things because I love our team but that Houston game really upset me after I have had the Colts back all season. Saying hang in there, we will win the Division, etc.. I was wrong we failed. I don't want to see us get the wrong guy either though if we do fire Chuck.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You may be right actually. I just bust peoples chops for Posting negative things because I love our team but that Houston game really upset me after I have had the Colts back all season. Saying hang in there, we will win the Division, etc.. I was wrong we failed. I don't want to see us get the wrong guy either though if we do fire Chuck.

I just don't see Pagano as that great a coach and you can't get better if you don't try. I honestly like Pagano more then Grigson tho I really don't like him. I think we need a QB guru an offensive minded coach next time. 

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I just don't see Pagano as that great a coach and you can't get better if you don't try. I honestly like Pagano more then Grigson tho I really don't like him. I think we need a QB guru an offensive minded coach next time. 

I am clueless at this point to who would be the right fit. I am on record saying I like Harbaugh but he isn't leaving Michigan IMO, I like Gruden as well but cant see him leaving the Monday Night gig, so I don't know. I still don't think Irsay is going to fire either because of the 4-year contracts but he cant be happy missing the Playoffs 2 years in a row. I know I'm not.

12 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You're one of the better posters man. Nothing wrong saying they are terrible when they have proven many times they are. Being realistic isn't being a bad fan.

We should be way better then we are and I agree keeping these two because it could get us two other dummies isn't a reason to hold on to them. Move on if they don't work, teams do it all the time. Continuity doesn't mean Jack if its bad continuity.

Not to open pandoras box, but they've botched a lot of things. Why couldn't they make Freeney work, he still had game regardless of he couldn't cover figure it out he left and played well , why let Bethea leave and fill in with Zibikowski, why not hold onto Saturday for one year for Lucks early development? Samson Satele, Mcglynn?? Bad moves...I'm sorry but I can point to many things they've botched from the transition to Luck, draft, dumb plays....

Sorry I can keep going...

Who cares what the Colts do next week?  I'd be fine with another loss quite honestly.  May as well improve our draft position to give Grigson better picks to waste. 

What a disappointing 2016 campaign and we can expect more mediocre, lackluster seasons ahead so long as Irsay sticks with the current regime. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am clueless at this point to who would be the right fit. I am on record saying I like Harbaugh but he isn't leaving Michigan IMO, I like Gruden as well but cant see him leaving the Monday Night gig, so I don't know. I still don't think Irsay is going to fire either because of the 4-year contracts but he cant be happy missing the Playoffs 2 years in a row. I know I'm not.

I also want Harbaugh but not gonna happen so I want mcdaniels next with a DC of Rex Ryan Mike Pettine or possibly Todd Bowles. For OC I like Ken Whiz or Mike McCoy if fired. GM I would love to have Eric Decosta but that prolly isn't likely so I'd like Nick Caserio 2nd.

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

You're one of the better posters man. Nothing wrong saying they are terrible when they have proven many times they are. Being realistic isn't being a bad fan.

We should be way better then we are and I agree keeping these two because it could get us two other dummies isn't a reason to hold on to them. Move on if they don't work, teams do it all the time. Continuity doesn't mean Jack if its bad continuity.

Not to open pandoras box, but they've botched a lot of things. Why couldn't they make Freeney work, he still had game regardless of he couldn't cover figure it out he left and played well , why let Bethea leave and fill in with Zibikowski, why not hold onto Saturday for one year for Lucks early development? Samson Satele, Mcglynn?? Bad moves...I'm sorry but I can point to many things they've botched from the transition to Luck, draft, dumb plays....

Sorry I can keep going...

They sure have proved it I said numerous times this season we couldn't hang with the really good teams and today they proved it. we got destroyed and before Carr was hurt the Raiders did whatever they wanted.

31 minutes ago, GoBlue12 said:

What at this point does it matter?

Call me crazy, but I want to see Frank get 1,000 next week. He's only been here 2 years, but he epitomizes what the NFL star should be in my mind. He shows up every day for work, plays through injuries, and keeps his mouth shut. There are so few guys that let their play do the talking anymore that it's hard not to root for him.

If this ends up being his last year here, I hope we're able to send a HOF RB out on a high note.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Raiders offensive coordinator lol