Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ridgeway

RockThatBlue

49 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And.....     Ridgeway is STARTING this week.....

He's in the spotlight now.....      come on, Hassan....    we really need you to step up!

I like this a lot. Predict a sack and a game changing play for him. He's shown some stuff in limited time, now he'll get his chance!

IMO, pretty solid against the run.  I re-watched that Jets game and he definitely holds his ground.  Very seldom pushed backward.  Not much of a pass rusher though (his sack was a blown blocking assignment).  If you watch the game in slo-mo, he is usually the last one out of his stance.  I did not see him quit on any play, which was a rap against him out of college.

Props though to TY McGill.  He is one big, fat, fast-twitch player!  He is explosive out of his stance and IMO, is our best DL pass rusher.  I'm glad that he's getting more playing time, especially in passing situations.

5 hours ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

I agree. I like knowing he can can be a 3-down player since he can rush the passer. I think if he continues to develop and keep working on his technique he can be a big piece to the defense. Some scouts like Chris simms said he could end up being the steal of the draft. Only time will tell.

I like the way he has waltzed into the line up. I also like your idea of sneaking a dance into your post. Nearly missed it, so well played sir......

For all the grief Grigson has gotten, and rightfully so, he nailed this draft class.  Kelly, Ridgeway, Haeg are all starting and contributing.  Green has shown flashes as well.  If they come out of this class with four long term starters that's a good draft class.  Morrison is going to get a chance to show he can be Jackson's replacement the rest of the season.  As for Clark this was viewed as pretty much a redshirt year for him since he has to learn how to play in a system that isn't a spread.  Blythe was always depth IMO so anything else you get out of him would be a bonus.  Bates they lost but he was a seventh round pick, not the end of the world there.

The Colts really need a presence on the line to make this defense work. Even Art Jones is looking solid. I think next season with Jones, Ridgeway, Anderson and Langford we could be in really good shape. Of course, I'm hoping we add more talent in the off-season, but I do like what Ridgeway gives us.

I must confess that I do not go back and rewatch games and seldom watch individual players to see how they are doing but I have to wonder, is everyone being short sighted with the defense based off of the dominating performance against the Jets and not as a defense in total over the last say 4 games? They played tough against Green Bay but then we seen what Tennessee did to them after us so it dimished that win in my mind. Maybe it's just I'm so offended by this defense in how they have just played most of the season that I can't see solid play from them outside of the Jets game. Today will tell us a lot about where this team is in defense against a tough runner and a couple really good wr's and an oline that isn't that bad. I'm hopeful we see that defensive burst we had last Monday night and not the implosion of the last Texans game. 

On December 9, 2016 at 9:13 PM, cbear said:

IMO, pretty solid against the run.  I re-watched that Jets game and he definitely holds his ground.  Very seldom pushed backward.  Not much of a pass rusher though (his sack was a blown blocking assignment).  If you watch the game in slo-mo, he is usually the last one out of his stance.  I did not see him quit on any play, which was a rap against him out of college.

Props though to TY McGill.  He is one big, fat, fast-twitch player!  He is explosive out of his stance and IMO, is our best DL pass rusher.  I'm glad that he's getting more playing time, especially in passing situations.

I was about to ask how McGill is doing. In the games I've seen this year, I haven't been noticing him much. 

I think he has been fairly decent against the run. Not bad but hasn't done anything noteworthy in the run game. I'd like to see him get more snaps. His high came week 8 with 36 snaps according to PFF. Hasn't shown much at all as a pass rusher in limited snaps

I said before we drafted him that I thought he could....Could. As in he has the potential to end up being the best DT in the class, and I still think he can be. And this class of rookie DT's is loaded. I think he has a chance to develop into an all around beast. A guy whose a force against the run and can put up 5-6 sacks a year.