Who should be held accountable?

TYtheGHOST

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm certain i wouldn't let chuck on the return flight home. He has lost the team and any confidence of a sane fan that he can coach.  Fire this guy. For the record, I was on board with keeping him and re setting. Wow was I wrong. 

Look. I know that Chuck is a motivator. I know that his players love him. But does he game plan? Why the heck can't he hold a 14 point lead? I have never said one negative thing about Chuck on these boards but now I have just said my first. Get rid of him.

I think the Colts have some nice pieces in place BUT the coaching is not the answer here and they need more draft picks since we have so many old players.  They could still build a nice team around Luck in a few years BUT I'm worried he may be ruined by then.  I can already see some of the same signs I saw with David Carr in Houston.  He seems more hesitant, more untrusting now than he did a couple of years ago.  And his body can NOT keep taking these hits.  Some of it is on his OL and WR's not getting open, and some of it is on him.  Between the two I'm not sure he is going to be the player we all think he could be by the time this team would be good enough to compete.  Someone mentioned the other day about trading Luck for draft picks and I scoffed then but now.......I would have to seriously think about it.  And it's NOT because of what I think of Luck, it's because of what I think of the lack of talent around him and what he will become if it keeps going like this.  No man can continue to endure the hits he continues to take.  I would take those picks and build the defense FIRST.  Then worry about the offense.

16 minutes ago, GoBlue12 said:

How can you not hold on to a 14 point lead against the hapless Texans?

Well to be fair, this coaching staff was in unfamiliar territory with trying to HOLD ON to a decent sized lead at the end of a game for once...

11 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

Usually I would be livid after a game like this but I'm not. Finishing  9-7 and being one and done will keep them here longer. Finishing 5-11 or 6-10 will force Irsay to fire both Grigson and Pagano and we'll have a top 5 pick. 

That is a good point.

Even the best seasons you can make the argument that the Colts have been fortunate to win as many games as they have. Often needing to come from behind and playing in what is probably the worst division in the league. Those two things have made it easy to overlook the fact that this team lacks talent and good coaching.

Assuming the Colts do win 4-5 games i'm still not convinced that Irsay fires Pagano or Grigson 1 year into extensions but it will certainly be interesting to see what he does.

If there was ever a game that could cost a coach his job this was it. I know the Colts have had plenty of injuries but every team does...at some point Pagano can't keep getting a pass for coaching a team with injured players. At some point we have to admit that while he might be a great guy he just stinks as a head coach. It's impossible to defend Pagano with the way the team has performed this year.

22 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Fire the * who handed Dwayne Allen $30 million dollars to sit on the bench while Coby Fleener is lighting it up in New Orleans.

Lighting it up is overstating it.  He's had two decent games and was even noted as having difficulty getting on the same page as Brees

Just now, GoColtsWin said:

At face value. You not a person of your word. If you fell so hotly about how you are perceived, you should be clear. I'll leave it at this, not interested in a butt-hurt convo, they natoriously go nowhere. 

You aren't making the point you think you are. At face value, I said screw the Colts. You came up with the rest yourself. I don't care how I am percieved. Reply with hostility and don't be suprised if it is returned in kind.

12 minutes ago, coltsfanatic24 said:

Usually I would be livid after a game like this but I'm not. Finishing  9-7 and being one and done will keep them here longer. Finishing 5-11 or 6-10 will force Irsay to fire both Grigson and Pagano and we'll have a top 5 pick. 

Agreed. I was thinking the same thing 

29 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Fire the * who handed Dwayne Allen $30 million dollars to sit on the bench while Coby Fleener is lighting it up in New Orleans.

Fleener has two more catches and 54 more yards than Allen this year... how is he lighting it up. They both didn't deserve the money. Doyle deserves it more than both of them. 

5 minutes ago, GoBlue12 said:

I saw him frantically marching the sidelines during the 14 point meltdown. Was that due to the play of the Colts or their lack of coaching? I am done blaming the players.

Why are you not blaming the players? They are the ones that are actually on the field not executing. Its part coaching (though I thought they had a good game plan this game), part players for not covering or tackling well, partly the injuries from preseason until now that has us starting Rashaan Melvin at corner, and most of all it is Grigson for putting this horrible group of linebackers together.

7 minutes ago, Colts4Life18 said:

That 4th and inches having Luck in shotgun was the dumbest thing I've seen since Pete Carroll not giving it to lynch lmao if we take the 3 we win easily !

There's no telling that Vontae gets the pick if we kick the ball to them after the field goal and they start from the 25 so that did not change anything.

I understand the ripple effect, what about the dumb delay hand offs and Clowney comes in untouched and just grabs Gore by the waist and brings him down I seen that happen 3x !! I've seen Pagano blow so many games it's not even funny how is he a head coach ? Should of never let Bruce Arians go for one !

It's absolutely the HC/GM.

Players ate bad and the coaching is terrible. From bad timeout use over his tenure to questionable play calling on both on and D. He should be smarter then his coordinators. He has inept people on his staff and he obviously agrees with them if these are the results. The HC has to take the fall because he ultimately makes the call (at least that's what I think a HC should be, the final OK) and Chud and Monachino seem to be doing a bad job.

Oline is terrible after we thought it's getting fixed. It has huge breakdowns every single game. The D holds for a bit, but then eventually had LONG spurts where they couldn't stop a basketball from rolling down the street.

This isn't one of those TWEAK jobs, I'd be ok with both if we were COMPETENTLY losing. We're losing like 4-12 type teams lose. We look inept at times, like we don't know what to do bad.

4 minutes ago, IinD said:

Oline is terrible after we thought it's getting fixed.

I think the O-line given time can gel, because they were playing decently(keeping AL clean) for a good amount of the game early(not ruling out stupid false starts). But agree with everything else you said. 

50 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

Problem is Fleener wouldn't be lighting it up here.......   coaching sucks.

He is better off , good for him

5 minutes ago, GoColtsWin said:

I think the O-line given time can gel, because they were playing decently(keeping AL clean) for a good amount of the game early(not ruling out stupid false starts). But agree with everything else you said. 

Totally JMO. I'm done giving this staff time to develop anything on this team. To me, this is the status quo and I'm honestly over them.

We're not winning a SB with this staff.

You can't lose 2 td leads to bad teams.

Just showed on SportsCenter that the Colts are the first team to lose a game with a 14-point lead or greater and 3 minutes remaining in the game since the Broncos beat the Dolphins in 2011.  I believe the Dolphins were lead by Tony Sparano then.  We know how that turned out.  I feel this team will turn out the same. 

3 minutes ago, IinD said:

Totally JMO. I'm done giving this staff time to develop anything on this team. To me, this is the status quo and I'm honestly over them.

We're not winning a SB with this staff.

You can't lose 2 td leads to bad teams.

Agree it's not acceptable.

40 minutes ago, Ratking said:

Whole team sucks. Fire everyone but Luck. . . And only common sense tells me to keep Luck . My heart says he is a Choke -er . 

You realise he has more game winning drives in the 4th Q and OT in his  career than Aaron Rodgers right?

The difference between 5-11 and 11-5 in the nfl is not that much,

Comes down to head coaching and a few players.

Tonight it was coaching.

How any head coach, from pee wee to the NFL, chooses to go for it on 4th and inches when up by 4, instead of kicking the FG to go up by 7, is beyond me.  I mean, it is crazy crazy stuff.  You kick that EVERY time.

And that was the difference in the game.

33 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I think the Colts have some nice pieces in place BUT the coaching is not the answer here and they need more draft picks since we have so many old players.  They could still build a nice team around Luck in a few years BUT I'm worried he may be ruined by then.  I can already see some of the same signs I saw with David Carr in Houston.  He seems more hesitant, more untrusting now than he did a couple of years ago.  And his body can NOT keep taking these hits.  Some of it is on his OL and WR's not getting open, and some of it is on him.  Between the two I'm not sure he is going to be the player we all think he could be by the time this team would be good enough to compete.  Someone mentioned the other day about trading Luck for draft picks and I scoffed then but now.......I would have to seriously think about it.  And it's NOT because of what I think of Luck, it's because of what I think of the lack of talent around him and what he will become if it keeps going like this.  No man can continue to endure the hits he continues to take.  I would take those picks and build the defense FIRST.  Then worry about the offense.

Thank God you're not the GM

I wouldn't trade Luck for 5+ first picks in the 1-5 range. That's how important I think he is 

As long as we retool our coaching staff, I have no doubt in my mind he'll win a few SB's with us. Call me an optimist 

1 hour ago, Pelt said:

Well to be fair, this coaching staff was in unfamiliar territory with trying to HOLD ON to a decent sized lead at the end of a game for once...

Out of likes, but that's a good one.

They probably panicked not knowing what to do.

55 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Just showed on SportsCenter that the Colts are the first team to lose a game with a 14-point lead or greater and 3 minutes remaining in the game since the Broncos beat the Dolphins in 2011.  I believe the Dolphins were lead by Tony Sparano then.  We know how that turned out.  I feel this team will turn out the same. 

Sparano, Pagano

tomayto, tomahto

Potato,potahto

You know. Grigson is responsible for the 53 who were on the field tonight. They should have closed out a 14 point lead. They didn't. Put that squarely on Chuck Pagano's shoulders. He is a wonderful motivator.  The players love him. But he can't win games.  Period. End of story.

1 hour ago, Colts4Life18 said:

So sad how is it so hard to build a contender !? U first build the Oline and Dline we have never won the fight in the trenches always getting bullied !!! So sick of all these so call mr nice guys , we need a mean coach who yells !!! So embarrassing all my friends went to sleep thinking colts won soon as I wake up I'm gonna have a bunch of text messages saying how Luck blew the game lol

think how many seasons gonna take to fix this !? Luck won't see a chip for another 3/4 years at least so sad lol and we couldn't do nothing wen he was on his rookie deal I knew that was our only chance to win 1 

Yelling wins Championships.....

2 hours ago, TYtheGHOST said:

Which coaches need to be fired after this meltdown?

No one.

This is not a coaching issue.

This is a talent issue.      We have a thin roster that would be questionable if healthy.     And they're not healthy.

Don't over-think this.       It's been obvious week after week after week.

Talent is the main problem.  

Keeping the talent healthy is issue number two.

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No one.

This is not a coaching issue.

This is a talent issue.      We have a thin roster that would be questionable if healthy.     And they're not healthy.

Don't over-think this.       It's been obvious week after week after week.

Talent is the main problem.  

Keeping the talent healthy is issue number two.

Sorry but some of the play calling on offense tonight totally disagrees with this post.