Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On the Bright Side

bigt

A.C. had a great game vs. Chicago, but I haven't heard much about it around here, probably because our line continues to struggle as a whole.

A.V. is the best kicker in the league, hands down. On Sunday, he hit some long kicks and is closing in on the league record for consecutive FGs, held by our own "* kicker". 

Edit: forgot that the I word was a no-no.

3 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

A.C. had a great game vs. Chicago, but I haven't heard much about it around here, probably because our line continues to struggle as a whole.

A.V. is the best kicker in the league, hands down. On Sunday, he hit some long kicks and is closing in on the league record for consecutive FGs, held by our own "* kicker". 

Adam can stay as long as he wants, lol 

1 hour ago, bigt said:

We have the number 3 rated QB with Luck

The number 7 rated WR in TY

The number 8 rated guard in Mewhort

The number 9 rated tackle in Castonzo

And, drum roll please - - - -  the number 1 kicker in the V-Man

how on any planet in the entire universe is Castonzo ranked that high? he has been getting blown to bits every week, consistently

1 minute ago, dudeski said:

That is simply not true

where have you been? because I'm not the only one that has seen it. Heck, even Rick Venturi has said Castanzo isn't playing well. He even said last week that AC wasn't worth the money the Colt's invested in him based on his play since the contract. AC has a few good plays a game, but if he makes 1 mistake, he falls apart the rest of the game.

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

What's The I word lol

48 minutes ago, csmopar said:

where have you been? because I'm not the only one that has seen it. Heck, even Rick Venturi has said Castanzo isn't playing well. He even said last week that AC wasn't worth the money the Colt's invested in him based on his play since the contract. AC has a few good plays a game, but if he makes 1 mistake, he falls apart the rest of the game.

What you said was not true.  He has not been perfect and has had some bad plays.  But you can't discount 50 good plays because of 2 bad ones.  

That isn't how football works.  

57 minutes ago, dudeski said:

What you said was not true.  He has not been perfect and has had some bad plays.  But you can't discount 50 good plays because of 2 bad ones.  

That isn't how football works.  

He has had WAY more than 2 bad plays, he's had dozens this year.  Heck Sunday I watched him get pushed backwards right into luck more than once

He's had more negative plays this year than good ones, if you don't see it, then I can't help you there.

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He has had WAY more than 2 bad plays, he's had dozens this year.  Heck Sunday I watched him get pushed backwards right into luck more than once

He's had more negative plays this year than good ones, if you don't see it, then I can't help you there.

IT's funny you are the only one who has seen what you are describing.

The left side of the O-line has played well and does not have the negative amount of plays you seem to see.

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

haha you are actually serious.  

He he got pushed back into luck more than once on Sunday?  Do you realize how many plays that didn't happen?

simple math will tell you that you are wrong.  If you understand the value of numbers 1-100 then I am sure you can see the flaws in your post.  

6 hours ago, GoBlue12 said:

OP...what is the source for the ratings you shared? Curious is all.

PFF's draft grades by position.  I would share the link, but I don't want to get in trouble sharing data people pay money for.  I'm sure Castonzo isn't the only tackle in the league getting pushed around from time to time.  The edge rushers are getting paid big money too.

10 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

IT's funny you are the only one who has seen what you are describing.

The left side of the O-line has played well and does not have the negative amount of plays you seem to see.

so..... Rick Venturi is wrong, Dakich is wrong, Kravtiz is wrong, Doyle is wrong? All have questioned AC's play this year weekend and week out.  Granted I don't take what these media types say as gospel no give them much thought, but I've noticed the same thing.  It seems that if AC has a bad start to the game, it gets in his head for the rest of the game or at least until half time. Because once he screws up once, he seems to screw up multiple times.  Does he have good moment, absolutely, is he a good above average tackle? Yes, is he top 10 or elite, no. not even close.

if he was so doing so great.....

" But the truly chilling performance came from left tackle Anthony Castonzo. The 2011 first-rounder is supposed to be the bedrock of the offensive line, but he hasn't often played up to that billing over the past two seasons. "

http://www.heraldbulletin.com/sports/colts-castonzo-hope-to-rebound-against-bears/article_86fbe634-8db0-11e6-9bea-c7ec00a255ca.html

and another

"While part of that could be explained by the infusion of rookies, three of whom started Sunday, the bigger concern has been the play of left tackle Anthony Castonzo, a six-year veteran. Thirteen months ago, Castonzo signed a four-year, $43 million contract, but struggled most of last season and is off to another poor start this season. "

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/3/colts-return-home-seeking-solutions-to-litany-of-m/

some preseason stuff from his lack of performance back then....

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/8/29/12700100/chuck-pagano-on-anthony-castonzo-he-will-get-things-fixed-colts

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2016/09/05/5-colts-under-most-pressure-2016/89658738/

So no, i'm not the only one seeing it. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

if he was so doing so great.....

" But the truly chilling performance came from left tackle Anthony Castonzo. The 2011 first-rounder is supposed to be the bedrock of the offensive line, but he hasn't often played up to that billing over the past two seasons. "

http://www.heraldbulletin.com/sports/colts-castonzo-hope-to-rebound-against-bears/article_86fbe634-8db0-11e6-9bea-c7ec00a255ca.html

and another

"While part of that could be explained by the infusion of rookies, three of whom started Sunday, the bigger concern has been the play of left tackle Anthony Castonzo, a six-year veteran. Thirteen months ago, Castonzo signed a four-year, $43 million contract, but struggled most of last season and is off to another poor start this season. "

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/3/colts-return-home-seeking-solutions-to-litany-of-m/

some preseason stuff from his lack of performance back then....

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/8/29/12700100/chuck-pagano-on-anthony-castonzo-he-will-get-things-fixed-colts

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2016/09/05/5-colts-under-most-pressure-2016/89658738/

So no, i'm not the only one seeing it. 

There is a massive difference between not playing up to your contract and "having more negative plays than positive." He may not be playing lights out, but not many other tackles around the league are either. What you said about the amount of bad plays he has is just not true

6 minutes ago, BPindy said:

There is a massive difference between not playing up to your contract and "having more negative plays than positive." He may not be playing lights out, but not many other tackles around the league are either. What you said about the amount of bad plays he has is just not true

we'll just have to agree to disagree, 

12 minutes ago, achcolts said:

How do you seriously think he has more negative plays than positive. That's different than not playing up to his contract $$

What I mean honestly, is that his negative plays have out weighed his positive because of the net result. not actually numerically more 

14 hours ago, csmopar said:

how on any planet in the entire universe is Castonzo ranked that high? he has been getting blown to bits every week, consistently

i agree it seems a high ranking for his play overall. He has struggled at times so #9 seems high. I dont watch a lot of other teams play so It's tough for me to say he's worse than player X or to put a ranking on him but yes I think #9 is a bit high.

8 hours ago, bigt said:

PFF's draft grades by position.  I would share the link, but I don't want to get in trouble sharing data people pay money for.  I'm sure Castonzo isn't the only tackle in the league getting pushed around from time to time.  The edge rushers are getting paid big money too.

people share those links here all the time, i don't think there is much to worry about

Castonzo  is not playing as well as he should be.  I am not sure how some of you watch the game.  If you are watching the ball then you are probably missing what players like Castanzo are actually playing well

Try watching the Oline first then watch the ball afterward.  It will make for a much better perspective

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

Castonzo  is not playing as well as he should be.  I am not sure how some of you watch the game.  If you are watching the ball then you are probably missing what players like Castanzo are actually playing well

Try watching the Oline first then watch the ball afterward.  It will make for a much better perspective

He's not that bad. Not playing like 2 years ago but he's not horrible.

3 hours ago, SVFD Colts Fan said:

Maybe he ranked that high because most of the other left tackles in the league aren't very good.   This was supposed to be a bright side thread and everyone turned into Debbie Downers!

you must be new here.  unfortunately that is pretty much standard operating procedure. lol

19 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

haha I read the thread title & thought of Monty Python .

It makes me smile Looking on the bright Side of Life ..:hat:

Every time I hear this number, I wish I could whistle. That & the line "Life's a piece of crap when you look at it" [in an English accent] always makes  makes smirk every single time I hear that verse. 

Monty Python never gets old. Great post Adonis1! 

Even though I can't whistle very well, my tongue allows me to roll my R's pretty well so nature does have a way of leveling the playing field I guess. 

22 hours ago, csmopar said:

so..... Rick Venturi is wrong, Dakich is wrong, Kravtiz is wrong, Doyle is wrong? All have questioned AC's play this year weekend and week out.

Dakich knows next to nothing about football.  Doyel isn't that far ahead of him.

Kravitz is a decent journalist, but not a great football mind.

Venturi?  I'll listen to what he has to say. :D

11 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Dakich knows next to nothing about football.  Doyel isn't that far ahead of him.

Kravitz is a decent journalist, but not a great football mind.

Venturi?  I'll listen to what he has to say. :D

I agree on all those points. But that just goes to prove my point even more.  When people who know next to nothing about foot ball can see Castanzo getting owned and destroyed weekend and week out and a former coach that many on here take his word as gospel, then yeah i'd say there's a problem

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:49 PM, Jason_S said:

you must be new here.  unfortunately that is pretty much standard operating procedure. lol

I have been reading for a few years just decided to join in the offseason because everyone was so amped up with the signings we had but man what 3 months can do to people!