Cromartie is a Colt

bababooey

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

Hey you're the one setting yourself up for disappointment. It may be a little pessimism but it is also realistic if you think about it. Andrew Luck is not God. He alone will not get us to the postseason anymore. It worked when our division didn't have any quarterbacks. Now they all have promising young guys. I'm just going to cheer the team like always without expecting any big results.

If Andrew Luck can take that terrible 2012 roster to the playoffs, I don't see why he can't take this one to the playoffs. Hes not God, but hes damn good.

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

If Andrew Luck can take that terrible 2012 roster to the playoffs, I don't see why he can't take this one to the playoffs. Hes not God, but hes damn good.

The rest of the division has improved greatly though. We sucked in 2012 and everybody else in the division sucked just as much. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

but on paper the Jags look like SB contenders haha If they go better than 8-8 that would be a miracle.

Its almost like people forget that they won 5 games last year. If they won 8 or 9 last year, the hype would still be a bit ridiculous but it would be a bit understandable too. But 5 games. They won 5 games in a craptastic AFC South last year. Their head coach has yet to have a winning record yet. If Chuck Pagano with us won 3 games his first 2 seasons, and 5 in his 3rd he probably would have been fired.

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

Its almost like people forget that they won 5 games last year. If they won 8 or 9 last year, the hype would still be a bit ridiculous but it would be a bit understandable too. But 5 games. They won 5 games in a craptastic AFC South last year. Their head coach has yet to have a winning record yet. If Chuck Pagano with us won 3 games his first 2 seasons, and 5 in his 3rd he probably would have been fired.

I know. I almost forgot they went 5-11 a few months ago with the way people were talking them up. Yeah they had the 1 game where they smoked us 51-16 but Andrew didn't play and they got several lucky breaks in that game that blew it open. Jags beat us 44-17 in 2006 as well but we won the SB.

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

Hey you're the one setting yourself up for disappointment. It may be a little pessimism but it is also realistic if you think about it. Andrew Luck is not God. He alone will not get us to the postseason anymore. It worked when our division didn't have any quarterbacks. Now they all have promising young guys. I'm just going to cheer the team like always without expecting any big results.

I don't think anyone is setting themselves up for disappointment at all. I don't think there is anyone in here that don't know this season can go either direction. Most are pretty level headed when it comes to reality. If you chose to be negative with that mindset that is your choice and I have no problem with it. But most are excited with a new season starting and being a fan naturally are thinking of positive things. The sky is falling mentality is a bummer to live.

I don't know how much it will help but it certainly doesn't hurt.  Colts are hurting at DB and need all the able bodies they can get right now.  This guy may not be what he used to be but at least he has a lot of experience and played at a ProBowl level at one time.  Not a bad signing.  Who else is out there?  Let's bring them in too.  Now we just need the offense to score 28 ppg!

1 hour ago, BOTT said:

The problem with the Jags D is it doesn't have any proven difference makers/studs.  If Fowler lives up to the hype that could change things.

In live games Fowler has been getting stymied the whole preseason. If you watch the Jags preseason games there's not a whole lot of pass rush. They have issues there as well and they know it. That's why they looked at Greg Hardy. Just couldn't stoop low enough to sign him.

19 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't think anyone is setting themselves up for disappointment at all. I don't think there is anyone in here that don't know this season can go either direction. Most are pretty level headed when it comes to reality. If you chose to be negative with that mindset that is your choice and I have no problem with it. But most are excited with a new season starting and being a fan naturally are thinking of positive things. The sky is falling mentality is a bummer to live.

Ok people are saying this now but I don't want to see any "fire all the coaches" "this team is garbage" "I disown the Colts" threads if we get off to a bad start next year.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

how can people put so much confidence in the Jags? It's just funny to me.

I don't understand it either. They've been drafting in the top 5 every year for a decade and could only manage 5 wins last year...

How many wins do they have since 2012? 9-10??? I checked, it's 14. Still a joke of a team IMO until they prove otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Ok people are saying this now but I don't want to see any "fire all the coaches" "this team is garbage" "I disown the Colts" threads if we get off to a bad start next year.

You're missing the point entirely ✈️

We don't have to do that because you a

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

We don't have to do that because you are doing it for us before a game is even played.

5 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

You are asking regular fans not to be fans. You are forgetting that fan is short for fanatic. Just what do you think that means?

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know. I almost forgot they went 5-11 a few months ago with the way people were talking them up. Yeah they had the 1 game where they smoked us 51-16 but Andrew didn't play and they got several lucky breaks in that game that blew it open. Jags beat us 44-17 in 2006 as well but we won the SB.

Hell, we damn near got out the pitch forks ready to run Pagano Grigson and even Irsay out of town over going 8-8. Apparently winning 5 in Jacksonville warrents hype?

3 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

I agree it is what it is but Cromartie is like Johnson. Played awfully last year with the Jets and got released. Has not even sniffed any interest until we were desperate enough to sign him. Nothing we could really do, but I think his play will be similar to Greg Toler and probably worse.

My understanding is two things....

One,  Cromartie was all-pro as recent as 2014....

Two,  his problems last year surround the fact that he had a very bad hip which impacted his play.     Now, perhaps he still has a bad hip?   It's not known....  at least,  not publicly.    Certainly other teams kicked the tire on him and let him leave their facility without signing him.......      So.....   who knows?

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Two,  his problems last year surround the fact that he had a very bad hip which impacted his play.     Now, perhaps he still has a bad hip?   It's not known....  at least,  not publicly.    Certainly other teams kicked the tire on him and let him leave their facility without signing him.......      So.....   who knows?

I read something where he said the hip was not the problem.  It was apparently a bad groin.  Not that that is any better but still, he denies it was a hip thing.

50 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

And they won the division and beat us when it mattered. Jags and Titans were not good and we had an easy schedule. 

Wait, the last game of the season didn't matter when it would have given them a bye and allowed us a home field playoff game?  

34 minutes ago, krunk said:

We don't have to do that because you a

We don't have to do that because you are doing it for us before a game is even played.

I never have called for the coaches or gm to be fired even through the bad times and many of you have. But since I am being attacked on here for giving my opinion in a respectable way I'm just going to let the season speak for itself.

39 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I read the article as well. He said his hip wasn't the problem. Said it was a groin injury. I can't post the link because I'm on my phone. Go to google and type I "my hip wasn't the problem. Cromartie" and it will bring the article up in one of those results. Strongly denies he contemplated retiring.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

I read the article as well. He said his hip wasn't the problem. Said it was a groin injury. I can't post the link because I'm on my phone. Go to google and type I "my hip wasn't the problem. Cromartie" and it will bring the article up in one of those results. Strongly denies he contemplated retiring.

Hey,  if it wasn't a hip problem,  then I'm pleased.

That said,  a groin problem can linger for a long, LONG time and impact the quality of performance.

So,  I'm very cautiously optimistic with Cromartie until I see something that says I should worry.......

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

I had read the same thing.  He apparently didn't play too well last year but if it was a problem with the groin it should be fairly well healed up by now.  Supposedly he looked OK in his workout.  On the other hand, the Colts would sign about anything with a pulse right now.  I guess the Bears had him in for a workout and didn't sign him, so.....

I like groin injury better than hip injury though.  A bad hip means surgery.  A groin can heal itself with time and he's had a lot of it lately.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Come on now.....

You're working hard to avoid looking at all the positives surrounding J'Ville.

1.   Blake Bortles....   35 TDs, 18 int.    And was very good down the stretch.

2.   Top WR's in Herns and Robinson, plus TE's like Thomas

3.    A good running game.

4.   They get Fowler back after a year off and he joins Ramsey and Jack and other drafted defenders for what should be an improved defense.

5.   They signed some good free agents as well.

6.    They were much improved in the 2nd half of last season.

7.    The NFL went something like 8 straight years where one team went from worst to first in their division, so improving a lot in one season isn't unheard of.     It can and does happen.

Most neutral media observers think the Jags have more raw talent than the Colts have.      And you can't use what happened to the Colts last year to discredit the media....    no one could know that Luck would be lost for that much time.

I'm not saying the Jags will win the division....    but they should be much improved and should not be taken lightly.

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That said,  a groin problem can linger for a long, LONG time and impact the quality of performance.

So,  I'm very cautiously optimistic with Cromartie until I see something that says I should worry.......

If this guy can play half way decent ball for us I like what we will have when Vontae returns. Means we can slide Robinson down to the nickel where he was most dominant last year. Hopefully hes healthy and still got something. He points to his last 6 games of 2015 as the point where i assume he was healthy again without saying so directly. Says those games were more like himself. We will see I guess.......

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Dude has only missed 2 games in his entire NFL career (drafted 19th overall in '06).

That alone has me cautiously optimistic.  Toler averaged 2 games per season over his entire career. haha

1 minute ago, krunk said:

If this guy can play half way decent ball for us I like what we will have when Vontae returns. Means we can slide Robinson down to the nickel where he was most dominant last year. Hopefully hes healthy and still got something. He points to his last 6 games of 2015 as the point where i assume he was healthy again without saying so directly.

Exactly... Best case scenario gives us a really good, if not dominant, group of corners for most of the season. I would really like to believe that it can work out that way. 

Of course, the worst case scenario could be extremely ugly here. My hope is that we can weather the storm early and that our team is better for it by the time we have to make that push into the playoffs. 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I like the signing. He is a guy I thought could have a bounce back season and we should look at prior to signing Robinson. Let's hope he is healed up.