Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cromartie is a Colt

bababooey

5 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Heard Will Carroll on the radio this morning say he's fine for a year or two but just that he will likely need a hip replacement in several years due to arthritis. However, I think you can make this statement for a lot of older players.

Does Carroll have any credentials to be an injury expert?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Boiler_Colt said:

No idea but that's what he markets himself as. Claims to have inside sources but could all be hot air. Seemed confident in his assessment of Vontae and Cro thouh.

I just wondered. I googled him last year and didn't find anything about any kind of medical background. <insert holiday inn joke here>

Still hoping for a speedy recovery for Vontae but I am intrigued down the road when they could potentially have Vontae, Patrick, AND Antonio all in the mix.  I have heard that Robinson's more natural position is in the slot.  Could they possibly leave Antonio and Vontae on the outside and bring Patrick in the slot?  Assuming they are all healthy and playing of course.

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

That's cool and all but what's his Madden rating?  lol

Don't know if your serious but I don't have Madden yet. PFF goes very in depth though and plenty of past coaches and players back up there grades though as well as around half the NFL teams in the league subscribe to there data

39 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah I said there was nothing else we could do. But I predict we cut him as soon as Vontae is ready.

I think it All depends how he plays. I mean do you really cut a player when they produce? I think he would have to be worse then the player they were bringing off the PS or the street in order for him to be cut. 

11 hours ago, krunk said:

With Cromartie already having experience in the system I have doubts we will see him in the preseason.  They'll probably let him rest and build chemistry with the ones in practice.  Rest of the preseason will probably be to evaluate the young guys.

With all the injuries at CB Pags would be crazy to play him these 2 games. If he got hurt in one of those 2 games we would be....well you can guess the word lol

58 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

I think it All depends how he plays. I mean do you really cut a player when they produce? I think he would have to be worse then the player they were bringing off the PS or the street in order for him to be cut. 

I know it depends on how he plays. And I think he is going to play awfully.. but we will see.

31 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I know it depends on how he plays. And I think he is going to play awfully.. but we will see.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for last yr, or at least enough to think he can beat out a CB that couldn't make any Teams final 53 by week 5, when we would, In theory,  be dropping Cromartie.

If he was playing hurt last season then it makes sense.  I've seen some terrible cb play from good corners (vontae Davis included) when they have been playing hurt. Im willing to believe that if he's healed and 100% then he's better then a Josh Gordy quality cb until proven otherwise.  

On August 22, 2016 at 8:17 PM, Bluefire4 said:

Hey you're the one setting yourself up for disappointment. It may be a little pessimism but it is also realistic if you think about it. Andrew Luck is not God. He alone will not get us to the postseason anymore. It worked when our division didn't have any quarterbacks. Now they all have promising young guys. I'm just going to cheer the team like always without expecting any big results.

On August 22, 2016 at 8:30 PM, Bluefire4 said:

Brock Osweiler, Will Fuller, Braxton Miller, Lamar Miller. 

The same way we hope Cromartie is good and hope the offensive line is good, the Texans hope they could be the offense of the future. 

We can't just ignore our division just because of our blind love of the Colts.. no matter how dominant we were in the past.

2 very valid points [what I bolded]. I get what you're driving at BF4. We need more takeaways, a 1,000 yrd rusher, better TE execution, & solid special teams returns week in; week out. 

Look, we all revere Chewbacca & rightly so, but he can't carry us to the Promise Land alone. Not to mention, Luck's interceptions must decline dramatically too say no more than 10-12 in a given yr just to stay competitive & on our toes. Plus, we need to be weary of tradition--Winning the AFC South crown like clockwork because like it or not our rivals have gotten better & sooner or later, Houston will find their franchise QB. It's only a matter of time. The Texans are not the Browns as much as some fans like to pretend they are. Brock might be the guy along with Lamar Miller like BF4 said. I don't live in denial. It's possible that the Texans give us a run for our money. 

Yes, Brock hasn't proven anything yet, but most experts never thought INDY was gonna be good in 2012 either & we exceeded expectations. So, why assume that 2016 will be a cakewalk? A dangerous proposition. 

22 hours ago, Gavin said:

Don't know if your serious but I don't have Madden yet. PFF goes very in depth though and plenty of past coaches and players back up there grades though as well as around half the NFL teams in the league subscribe to there data

Yeah I'm was just cutting up since Madden 17 was released yesterday.

31 minutes ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

Signing Cromartie is just the spark that starts the dumpster fire that will be known as the 2016 season. Is there really anyone who is optimistic about Cromartie or this season?

I'm optimistic about the colts. Think they win the south.

Cromartie....no so much.

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

I'm optimistic about the colts. Think they win the south.

Cromartie....no so much.

I don't think we would've signed him had it not been for Vontae getting injured. Hopefully Cromartie doesn't stink up the joint like Toler did. Luckily on the Offensive side of the ball we have a franchise QB which always should keep us above .500 if he stays healthy. Off topic but in ESPN's Top 100 players Andrew was 43rd. Watt was #1 regarding AFC South players.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think we would've signed him had it not been for Vontae getting injured. Hopefully Cromartie doesn't stink up the joint like Toler did. Luckily on the Offensive side of the ball we have a franchise QB which always should keep us above .500 if he stays healthy. Off topic but in ESPN's Top 100 players Andrew was 43rd. Watt was #1 regarding AFC South players.

I'm not blaming the colts for signing him.....beggars can't be choosers.