Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cromartie is a Colt

bababooey

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I agree.........we can consistently play with the lead.....

It is assumed that everyone in our division has improved....I want to see that

I always say that playing indoors and in warm weather...with Andrew...and 3 high speed threats....

we can assault teams with an attack they cant handle..as you say....dictate

Until I see that the Jags can be better than 5-11 and Brock Oz can be Good I am not too worried about the Division. Watt also has back issues for the Texans. Titans aren't that good so I think we can win the Division again. Are we close to being the best team in the league? No, but give it 2 or 3 more years once we build a better Defense. What many people need to realize is we have been in rebuild mode the last few years. It takes time to become a dominant team. We have actually overachieved in the Luck era IMO. It took Peyton 9 seasons to win a SB.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'm not betting on that anymore. Our division has improved enough for us to need more than a quarterback to take us where we want to go.

Where has it been proved yet that our division has improved "enough"? And in the flip side what's to say the Colts won't be improved as well??? A team that went 8-8 without Luck, with No O line, and an offense that couldn't stay on the field at all. Yet still was 3 games better than the Jags and still just about won the division. The Texans barely scaved by us when we didn't have Luck. I think your just believing all the talking heads out there, which tend to be wrong 75% of the time.

1 minute ago, weslo1812 said:

Pessimist is all I read!!! Sorry to say. Seems youve just narrowed your mind to only see and focus on the negative things. Trust me thier are a fair amount of positive things about this team and things to be excited about. You just gotta open your eyes a little more.

Hey you're the one setting yourself up for disappointment. It may be a little pessimism but it is also realistic if you think about it. Andrew Luck is not God. He alone will not get us to the postseason anymore. It worked when our division didn't have any quarterbacks. Now they all have promising young guys. I'm just going to cheer the team like always without expecting any big results.

9 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

Where has it been proved yet that our division has improved "enough"? And in the flip side what's to say the Colts won't be improved as well??? A team that went 8-8 without Luck, with No O line, and an offense that couldn't stay on the field at all. Yet still was 3 games better than the Jags and still just about won the division. The Texans barely scaved by us when we didn't have Luck. I think your just believing all the talking heads out there, which tend to be wrong 75% of the time.

I don't listen to talking heads, I listen to my own thoughts and no one else's. I usually have similar views with the forum until last year when everyone and the grandma had us in the Super Bowl and it was proven that we are way behind. The Texans actually have an offense this year to go with their defense. Jacksonville has a defense to go with their offense, and Tennessee has one hell of a running game now.

That's where I say the division has improved. If it turns out not to be the case than fine, but I'm not just going to ignore the great moves everybody made. And what have the Cols did? They got a bunch of rookie offensive linemen. I think we have a chance but it will be a lot harder than usual.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't listen to talking heads, I listen to my own thoughts and no one else's. I usually have similar views with the forum until last year when everyone and the grandma had us in the Super Bowl and it was proven that we are way behind. The Texans actually have an offense this year to go with their defense. Jacksonville has a defense to go with their offense, and Tennessee has one hell of a running game now.

That's where I say the division has improved. If it turns out not to be the case than fine, but I'm not just going to ignore the great moves everybody made. And what have the Cols did? They got a bunch of rookie offensive linemen. I think we have a chance but it will be a lot harder than usual.

How do the Texans have an offense?  Brock Osweiler?

Of course we'll win the division. Come on guys. Brock is going to be a bust for Houston. Tennessee wont win over 5-6 games. IMO our biggest threat is the Jags. The division will be better, but we will be the alpha dog. We have Luck, who will dominate this season, a revamped and improved OL and a ton of weapons on offense. Plus we have a good and deep D-Line, and once Davis comes back we should have a really good secondary. We have the best QB in the division. If 12 is healthy we're winning 10-12 games and taking the division. My predictions?.......

AFC SOUTH

Indianapolis Colts - 11-5

Jacksonville Jaguars - 9-7

Houston Texans - 7-9

Tennessee Titans - 5-11

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Hey you're the one setting yourself up for disappointment. It may be a little pessimism but it is also realistic if you think about it. Andrew Luck is not God. He alone will not get us to the postseason anymore. It worked when our division didn't have any quarterbacks. Now they all have promising young guys. I'm just going to cheer the team like always without expecting any big results.

No I'm not setting myslef up for anything,  I was very realistic in what I said. I didn't say I we were superbowl contenders or anything like that. I fully realize this team has question marks. My point was...it's no all negative and bad as you suggest, but you choose to be narrow minded and see only the nagative. And Luck isn't good haha...where did you pull that outta of??? Have you seen what he's had to deal with??? Like have you been watching any Colts football at all???? The guy has been the most hit QB in the leauge since he's come in and he's like 3rd or 4th in sacks I beleive...or somewhere up near the top. He's had no O line!!!! Or do you choose to ignore major factors such as these? And he has had no run game either to take the pressure of him. Literally just about everything has been put on him. And also you might wanna go back and look at his 2014 season. Has luck had troubles and made mistakes, of course...does he need to get better in areas..of.course. But keep in mind so far in career, he's had very little to work with around him. And yet he's still led thus team to playoffs for the first 3 out of 4 years of his career.

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

How do the Texans have an offense?  Brock Osweiler?

Brock Osweiler, Will Fuller, Braxton Miller, Lamar Miller. 

The same way we hope Cromartie is good and hope the offensive line is good, the Texans hope they could be the offense of the future. 

We can't just ignore our division just because of our blind love of the Colts.. no matter how dominant we were in the past.

4 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

No I'm not setting myslef up for anything,  I was very realistic in what I said. I didn't say I we were superbowl contenders or anything like that. I fully realize this team has question marks. My point was...it's no all negative and bad as you suggest, but you choose to be narrow minded and see only the nagative. And Luck isn't good haha...where did you pull that outta of??? Have you seen what he's had to deal with??? Like have you been watching any Colts football at all???? The guy has been the most hit QB in the leauge since he's come in and he's like 3rd or 4th in sacks I beleive...or somewhere up near the top. He's had no O line!!!! Or do you choose to ignore major factors such as these? And he has had no run game either to take the pressure of him. Literally just about everything has been put on him. And also you might wanna go back and look at his 2014 season. Has luck had troubles and made mistakes, of course...does he need to get better in areas..of.course. But keep in mind so far in career, he's had very little to work with around him. And yet he's still led thus team to playoffs for the first 3 out of 4 years of his career.

Never said he wasn't good. He's great, but he is not God. He won't be able to win by himself anymore in our division when the Jaguars put 50+ on the defense. 

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

The same way we hope Cromartie is good and hope the offensive line is good, the Texans hope they could be the offense of the future. 

We can't just ignore our division just because of our blind love of the Colts.. no matter how dominant we were in the past.

The only guy that matters is Osweiler.  If he plays well the offense will improve. If he plays like the dog poop like he did in Denver they won't be any better than last year.

I agree that the division has improved, I'm just not big on the Mexicans.  I actually like the Titans > Jags and Texans.

Just now, BOTT said:

The only guy that matters is Osweiler.  If he plays well the offense will improve. If he plays like the dog poop like he did in Denver they won't be any better than last year.

I agree that the division has improved, I'm just not big on the Mexicans.  I actually like the Titans > Jags and Texans.

You're not big on the Mexicans?? haha

I agree with you on the Texans but I don't think Osweiler was "dog poop" last year.. he showed a little promise. I am very high on the Jags.

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

LOL. Hopkins????

But no. Mark my words. Brock Osweiler will be a huge bust. They'll win 6-7 games or may even go 8-8, but Brock will NOT live up to the contract and Houston fans will be furious pretty early on. Jacksonville is our biggest threat. Bortles will be a more complete QB in his 3rd season and he has TONS of young weapons on offense in Yeldon and Ivory at RB. Robinson and Hurns at WR, Julius Thomas at TE. And on defense. Tons of talent. Fowler, Jackson, Marks, Odrick, Day, Miller, Smith, Jack, Ramsey, House, Amukamara, and Gibson.

8 minutes ago, GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE said:

Cole lead the league in "almost" sacks last yr with 32 

Yeah. Key word.....Almost. Similar to Walden. If they were quicker and more athletic they'd each get 10 or more sacks a year. But hey. Maybe Cole will surprise us and give us 6-8 sacks this season along with Mathis putting up 10 plus. Then we'll be in good shape.

2 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

LOL. Hopkins????

But no. Mark my words. Brock Osweiler will be a huge bust. They'll win 6-7 games or may even go 8-8, but Brock will NOT live up to the contract and Houston fans will be furious pretty early on. Jacksonville is our biggest threat. Bortles will be a more complete QB in his 3rd season and he has TONS of young weapons on offense in Yeldon and Ivory at RB. Robinson and Hurns at WR, Julius Thomas at TE. And on defense. Tons of talent. Fowler, Jackson, Marks, Odrick, Day, Miller, Smith, Jack, Ramsey, House, Amukamara, and Gibson.

The problem with the Jags D is it doesn't have any proven difference makers/studs.  If Fowler lives up to the hype that could change things.

14 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Haha...you're willing to sound so sure about the other teams our division based of 2 pre season games...OK. If I were you I'd wait to really make a judgment untill after we see the first teams play 2-3 full games. And don't know if you saw, but Brock had a very crummy first game as Texan...it wasn't great by any means. And the Titans ran all over the Chargers I beleive it was in thier 1st pre season game. Hughh.. whose rush defense was ranked 31st last year giving up 175.5 yards a game. So if you really count that as anything than well...I don't know what to tell you.

And did you not notice how Luck played with time in the pocket this last week??? Did you not see the O Line actually giving him time? Have you not noticed how solid our second team D line essentially has played so far? And we are still yet to get Anderson and Langford back. But I guess you magically don't see any of this...you just like see what isn't good and right. You are lacking perspective greatly.

1 minute ago, weslo1812 said:

Haha...you're willing to sound so sure about the other teams our division based of 2 pre season games...OK. If I were you I'd wait to really make a judgment untill after we see the first teams play 2-3 full games. And don't know if you saw, but Brock had a very crummy first game as Texan...it wasn't great by any means. And the Titans ran all over the Chargers I beleive it was in thier 1st pre season game. Hughh.. whose rush defense was ranked 31st last year giving up 175.5 yards a game. So if you really count that as anything than well...I don't know what to tell you.

And did you not notice how Luck played with time in the pocket this last week??? Did you not see the O Line actually giving him time? Have you not noticed how solid our second team D line essentially has played so far? And we are still yet to get Anderson and Langford back. But I guess you magically don't see any of this...you just like see what isn't good and right. You are lacking perspective greatly.

If we all waited to see how things actually went this forum would be pretty dull.  He is simply giving his opinion....not like he is being a jerk about it.

15 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Never said he wasn't good. He's great, but he is not God. He won't be able to win by himself anymore in our division when the Jaguars put 50+ on the defense. 

What did the Jags putting up 50 points on us last year get them??? Still behind us in the division without our main man and without an O line. Granted that was a horrible game by us...no doubt. But Jags still managed only a measily 5 wins.

12 minutes ago, BOTT said:

The problem with the Jags D is it doesn't have any proven difference makers/studs.  If Fowler lives up to the hype that could change things.

Well. You could make an argument for Malik Jackson, but good point. But if Jack, Ramsey, and Fowler live up to the hype then they could be scary. But who knows if Jack will even play or if he'll be what everyone expects him to be. If Tayshaun Gibson gets back to the way he looked before last season they should have a pretty stacked secondary with Ramsey, Amukamara, House at corner and Gibson at FS and Cyprien at SS.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

If we all waited to see how things actually went this forum would be pretty dull.  He is simply giving his opinion....not like he is being a jerk about it.

I didn't say anything about giving an opinion...just as far as really making any judgment that I'd wait till after the first few weeks. That's all.

52 minutes ago, BOTT said:

The running game has to improve.....keep that defense off the field and fresh.

I honestly think the running game will improve week to week.  It takes time for an o-line to gel, especially when two of your main inside blockers are either a rookie or new to his position.  Let them acclimate some more, and gel with the rest of the line, and they should get much better.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

The more I think about this, the more I have a feeling he's going to be a nice surprise. Now lets bring in Keenan Lewis too. Seriously. What could it hurt at Vet Minimum? Unless the staff strongly feels Smith and/or Mitchel or somebody else will be good.

But anyways. Now if everything works out right and Vontae doesn't miss much time (Only a couple games at most), and Cromartie balls out and looks like the Antonio Cromartie from just a couple seasons ago....Then dare I say.... Our secondary could be dang good assuming Green continues to impress and improve, and Adams keeps doing what he's done ever since he's been a Colt. Davis and Cromartie on the outside, with Robinson in the slot COULD be stout......Really stout. Then we'd have great depth in Butler, Smith, and whoever else makes the team if we keep 6 corners. Mitchel, Williams, etc. Then at safety between Mike Adams, Clayton Geathers, and TJ Green we could be really good there as well. I'm really excited about TJ, and I wasn't a fan when we picked him.

It takes 6 weeks medial strain to heal. 

11 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

It takes 6 weeks medial strain to heal. 

2 minutes ago, cbear said:

Assuming it was a "team friendly" contract, it's fine.  

He isn't in position to demand anything other.  He would probably take a seasons worth of free happy meals at this point.

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Well we could end up with Davis and cromartie on the outside and Robinson in the slot with good depth in Butler brown and Smith. I'd say that's good cbs

Which is exactly what should happen. Butler is getting worse by the minute and Robison belongs in the slot.  

Cromartie  is is better than Robinson on the outside who is better than Butler in the slot 

38 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

LOL. Hopkins????

I only left out Hopkins because I was trying to refer to the new guys. I don't like Osweiler much either.. but as people say anyone is better than Toler, the same can be said about Hoyer and Mallett and those two won 9 games last year. No question I fear the Jags more though.

28 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Well. You could make an argument for Malik Jackson, but good point. But if Jack, Ramsey, and Fowler live up to the hype then they could be scary. But who knows if Jack will even play or if he'll be what everyone expects him to be. If Tayshaun Gibson gets back to the way he looked before last season they should have a pretty stacked secondary with Ramsey, Amukamara, House at corner and Gibson at FS and Cyprien at SS.

Might as well add Sen'Derrick Marks, Paul Posluszny, and Telvin Smith to that list of solid Jag defenders. Let alone if Sheldon Day and Yannick Ngakoue come on strong as rookies.

39 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

What did the Jags putting up 50 points on us last year get them??? Still behind us in the division without our main man and without an O line. Granted that was a horrible game by us...no doubt. But Jags still managed only a measily 5 wins.

They have a much better defense now.

Of course we'll win the division. Come on guys. Brock is going to be a bust for Houston. Tennessee wont win over 5-6 games. IMO our biggest threat is the Jags. The division will be better, but we will be the alpha dog. We have Luck, who will dominate this season, a revamped and improved OL and a ton of weapons on offense. Plus we have a good and deep D-Line, and once Davis comes back we should have a really good secondary. We have the best QB in the division. If 12 is healthy we're winning 10-12 games and taking the division. My predictions?.......

AFC SOUTH

Houston Texans - 7-9

Tennessee Titans - 5-11

Not sold at all that Brock will be a bust for the Texans. I was one of the people here last year too who was pretty high on Brock in Denver and based on what I saw. I think he has a lot of work to do, but I think the Texans will be dangerous if Brock works out and they gel as the season progresses. This division at times can be slow starters to the season lately....

Keep in mind how lousy the situation at QB has been for Houston. A decent to good Brock is going to be huge for them if this happens.

As for the Jags, not sure yet. I often think they have the makings to be something better but then they just show up for a handful of games. A lot to be determined with them with consistency over a full year.

Titans? No clue......I think they might be a year or two away.

The Colts and Texans right now if history is any indication in recent years, will be the ones to battle it out. The problem is, I don't want this to have to be depended solely on Luck again.

I can see the Colts making the playoffs though easily. But, we are going to have to show more respect for division rivals a bit now since we have been behind in this major "building the monster" experiment.

AFC SOUTH

Houston Texans - 7-9

Tennessee Titans - 5-11

Bro save this post for after the season. If the Colts win 11 games I will be completely shocked.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

On paper, we will see. I don't get all the Jags love from people.

Well if we are allowed to be optimistic about our "on-paper" moves, any team should feel optimistic about their moves. Especially when that team adds two top 5 draft picks and many other pieces to that defense. They could be a year or two away and if they are then I'll admit to being wrong. But they have done a great job of getting young talent full of potential.

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

Not sold at all that Brock will be a bust for the Texans. I was one of the people here last year too who was pretty high on Brock in Denver and based on what I saw. I think he has a lot of work to do, but I think the Texans will be dangerous if Brock works out and they gel as the season progresses. This division at times can be slow starters to the season lately....

Keep in mind how lousy the situation at QB has been for Houston. A decent to good Brock is going to be huge for them if this happens.

As for the Jags, not sure yet. I often think they have the makings to be something better but then they just show up for a handful of games. A lot to be determined with them with consistency over a full year.

Titans? No clue......I think they might be a year or two away.

The Colts and Texans right now if history is any indication in recent years, will be the ones to battle it out. The problem is, I don't want this to have to be depended solely on Luck again.

I can see the Colts making the playoffs though easily. But, we are going to have to show more respect for division rivals a bit now since we have been behind in this major "building the monster" experiment.

I think the Texans will be our biggest threat. I don't think Brock will be much better than Above Average but he is an upgrade compared to what they have had. I see them at 9-7. I cant see them beating us here in Indy again with Luck playing. I still have it Colts 10-6, Texans 9-7, Jags 8-8, Titans 6-10.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the Texans will be our biggest threat. I don't think Brock will be much better than Above Average but he is an upgrade compared to what they have had. I see them at 9-7. I cant see them beating us here in Indy again with Luck playing. I still have it Colts 10-6, Texans 9-7, Jags 8-8, Titans 6-10.

You should put the Titans at 7-9.

So then you have the records at 10, 9, 8, 7 wins........perfect.