Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

John Jastremski apparently no longer with Patriots. Receives death threats.

ReMeDy

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/strange-story-unlikely-source-casting-153111337.html

http://www.si.com/nfl/video/2016/05/23/jim-breuer-deflategate-most-wanted

First, this is a story from Jim Breuer -- an unusual source -- having a conversation with Jastremski, so take it for what it's worth. If true, it's surprising Patriot fans sent Jastremski (and his wife) death threats. I had a feeling he received threats, but why from fans!? If they support Tom Brady, by extension, shouldn't they support Jastremski?

It says they "quietly" fired Jastremski, which may have occurred after he was reinstated. It's curious to wonder whether the Patriots organization knows more than they're letting on, similar to how Robert Kraft knew Brady was going to receive a suspension before it happened, hence Brady's contract extension until he's 42 for money restructuring purposes.

It also mentions while Jastremski didn't say anything negative about Brady, Jastremski was furious with the Patriot's organization for not allowing him to speak on the issue. This would confirm what some others here have suspected -- Jastremski wanted to speak out, but for whatever reason couldn't, perhaps from a non-disclosure agreement. We shouldn't blame him for being silent, because apparently he didn't have a choice. Regardless, it seems he's fallen on some hard times and is currently jobless. He's stuck between some people in Boston who want him dead, and former employers who want him swept under a rug.

To add to this, one comment I read had a good point: If Jim Breuer didn't know what John Jastremski looked like, how would he know he was even speaking to the real Jastremski? I'm also confused by Breuer's side of the story. He said they met in a gym, but later in the article, it says to prove they had the conversation, Breuer provided an email from Jastremski. I thought they met in the gym, so what does an email have to do with anything? Did Jastremski email him after the fact? I'm also assuming Breuer somehow verified the email?

If that man wasn't Jastremski, it was a convincing facade, considering they talked in great length about the situation. If it was a prank by a Patriots-hater, you'd think the guy would also trash talk Tom Brady, which he didn't (apparently he praised Brady), nor waste time emailing Jim about it. He also mentioned a sort of non-disclosure agreement, so I'm inclined to believe it's trustworthy.

I read about this a.few days ago. According to a Boston-area sports reporter, the Patriots have declined to respond to questions about whether Jastremski still works for them.

Quote:

"The last we heard about Jastremski came on Oct. 12, when Bill Belichick was asked about Jastremski’s role with the team.

“John and the organization are still discussing the best options for him, and I’m not aware of any timetable on that. That’s where it is for now,” Belichick said.

But if Jastremski was in Mexico talking to Breuer on Nov. 9 and 10, then he probably wasn’t in Foxborough for the Patriots’ Nov. 8 game against Washington, or working in the locker room as they prepared to face the Giants the following Sunday. Breuer went on to say that Jastremski, a Patriots employee since working as a ballboy as a child, had indeed been fired by the team and was unable to get another NFL job.

Since Breuer’s story wasn’t 100 percent solid, I twice asked the Patriots to clarify or comment on Jastremski’s employment status — Was he fired? Suspended with pay? None of the above? The Patriots declined to respond both times. If they did in fact fire Jastremski, it certainly changes the narrative about the team’s belief of its innocence.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2016/05/28/more-odd-twists-and-turns-deflategate/D24nwf2T0SUhgywYbJScsL/story.html

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I read about this a.few days ago. According to a Boston-area sports reporter, the Patriots have declined to respond to questions about whether Jastremski still works for them.

Quote:

"The last we heard about Jastremski came on Oct. 12, when Bill Belichick was asked about Jastremski’s role with the team.

“John and the organization are still discussing the best options for him, and I’m not aware of any timetable on that. That’s where it is for now,” Belichick said.

But if Jastremski was in Mexico talking to Breuer on Nov. 9 and 10, then he probably wasn’t in Foxborough for the Patriots’ Nov. 8 game against Washington, or working in the locker room as they prepared to face the Giants the following Sunday. Breuer went on to say that Jastremski, a Patriots employee since working as a ballboy as a child, had indeed been fired by the team and was unable to get another NFL job.

Since Breuer’s story wasn’t 100 percent solid, I twice asked the Patriots to clarify or comment on Jastremski’s employment status — Was he fired? Suspended with pay? None of the above? The Patriots declined to respond both times. If they did in fact fire Jastremski, it certainly changes the narrative about the team’s belief of its innocence.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2016/05/28/more-odd-twists-and-turns-deflategate/D24nwf2T0SUhgywYbJScsL/story.html

The problem is that the media and all anti-patriot folks all have forgotten the basic rights of privacy and associated decorum.  Since when is someone's employee history and status any concern of the public and/or media?  Why would any decent responsible employer disclose anything about a current or former employee?

I don't know about this. . . All of this seems WAY off.

First of all, why would Pat's fans be mad at him.  He was a good soldier and did what their superstar QB asked him to do.

Secondly, lets say Pat's fans are mad at him. . . So he and his wife take off and go hide out in Mexico?  Why go all the way to Mexico when you are just unpopular in the Boston area?  There are a lot of places in the US that they could have gone that don't have very many Pats fans around and been safe.  Mexico is over the top.  Pats fans are mad at him, not the whole United States.

Third, if this guy really just wanted to get the word out about how he's been treated, then why wouldn't he contact and set up an interview with a more reputable reporter?  This story clearly isn't dead and there would be plenty of reputable reporters who would be interested in hearing from him.

This just seems so off.  

9 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

First of all, why would Pat's fans be mad at him.  He was a good soldier and did what their superstar QB asked him to do.

Secondly, lets say Pat's fans are mad at him. . . So he and his wife take off and go hide out in Mexico?  Why go all the way to Mexico when you are just unpopular in the Boston area?  There are a lot of places in the US that they could have gone that don't have very many Pats fans around and been safe.  Mexico is over the top.  Pats fans are mad at him, not the whole United States.

Third, if this guy really just wanted to get the word out about how he's been treated, then why wouldn't he contact and set up an interview with a more reputable reporter?  This story clearly isn't dead and there would be plenty of reputable reporters who would be interested in hearing from him.

This just seems so off.  

I'm guessing he had to sign a non disclosure agreement.     So he probably can't talk about it officially 

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm guessing he had to sign a non disclosure agreement.     So he probably can't talk about it officially 

Might answer my third question, although I would think such an agreement would apply to his conversation with this guy as well.

But the first two questions stick out.  

Especially the second one.  Again why flee all the way to Mexico?  Even if Pats fans have it out for this guy, then there is still a whole lot of the United States you could go to and there are not many Pats fans there.  

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm guessing he had to sign a non disclosure agreement.     So he probably can't talk about it officially in the US???

Does the non-disclosure agreement apply only inside the US? I am not an expert, so just curious.

We knew when Brady's phone was destroyed, the only thing that could provide any evidence were the two guys that handled the footballs. He is obviously short on cash to see what he can get out of a story. But he could have cashed in by negotiating with Kraft a decent sum in return for his silence??

7 hours ago, Kato said:

The problem is that the media and all anti-patriot folks all have forgotten the basic rights of privacy and associated decorum.  Since when is someone's employee history and status any concern of the public and/or media?  Why would any decent responsible employer disclose anything about a current or former employee?

Yeah, there's zero public interest in whether the Patriots have fired the guy that was supposedly responsible for deflating footballs... /sarcasm

11 hours ago, Kato said:

That happens all the time in sports. Teams report when coaches, GMs, scouts, etc get fired. I don't see this being any different.

12 hours ago, Kato said:

Kato, you of all people should know how this works.

remember when they found the bloody glove behind your apartment?

3 hours ago, NFLfan said:

That happens all the time in sports. Teams report when coaches, GMs, scouts, etc get fired. I don't see this being any different.

True, and sometimes the guys who get fired just straight up go off to the media about it! :D
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000000665599/Sean-Payton-responds-to-Rob-Ryan-s-blame-for-2015-defense

15 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

This just seems so off.  

If he's in mexico, he can't testify to Goodell or a judge.

maybe the Pats gave him a "severance package" with stipulation that he "disappears" for a while. Go on a looooong vacation , far away, he was probably told.  Make it difficult to question him.  It happens.

and it sounds right up NE's alley.

maybe thats why Brady gave him all that autographed, and game-worn stuff that he could EASILY sell, and would also pay for a loooong,extende vacation.

Well karma is a beep..... 

This is just more evidence that they did in fact tamper with the balls and then tried to hide it. I still think they should have been banned from the post season for 5 years, stripped of their super bowl title and brady and Hoodie both suspended for the entire season.

11 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Kato, you of all people should know how this works.

remember when they found the bloody glove behind your apartment?

Wrong Kato...  Go watch the Pink Panther again. (Peter Sellers, not Steve Martin)

• Nadine locked this topic