Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

D'Qwell needs to go

BProland85

He is getting old, slow, and too costly for this team. Indy needs more cap to sign a free agent helping at OL or CB. 

I fear for this team that Grigs may just be bringing most everyone back, and Indy will once again have an old, underachieving defense. 

its looking more like he will play out his contract and Freeman wont be back, which i am ok with, in my eyes he has been solid for us, not exactly sure why everyone is so quick to cut him.

If we were to cut him today are ILB core consists of Nate Irving, Sio Moore, that Army guy i forget his name that sucks and Herrera who i thought played well, not exactly stellar?

9 minutes ago, MTC said:

Don't see why we should cut him if all we have at ILB depth is Sio Moore and Nate Irving.

As long as Grigson doesn't screw things up they should be retaining Freeman. Can't see him getting Travathan type money elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

its looking more like he will play out his contract and Freeman wont be back, which i am ok with, in my eyes he has been solid for us, not exactly sure why everyone is so quick to cut him.

If we were to cut him today are ILB core consists of Nate Irving, Sio Moore, that Army guy i forget his name that sucks and Herrera who i thought played well, not exactly stellar?

That would be awful. Freeman is much better than Jackson. It's a passing league. Gotta have ILBs that can cover. 

1 hour ago, BProland85 said:

As long as Grigson doesn't screw things up they should be retaining Freeman. Can't see him getting Travathan type money elsewhere.

Nor should he get that type of money. Not from the Colts.  because Trevathan is better. As for Freeman I can take him or leave him. Personally I think Irving can play and if we don't keep freeman I'd be fine with letting Irving and Moore compete.

I think they'll keep him and let Freeman work. Freeman was a nice little surprise from the CFL but I think it's time to move on. We're not even talking about a Trevathan or Wagner type LB. Freeman is a middle of the pack LB.

I think they should both be gone but we don't have the depth to do that. If I had to choose I'd take Jackson over Freeman.

6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think they'll keep him and let Freeman work. Freeman was a nice little surprise from the CFL but I think it's time to move on. We're not even talking about a Trevathan or Wagner type LB. Freeman is a middle of the pack LB.

I think they should both be gone but we don't have the depth to do that. If I had to choose I'd take Jackson over Freeman.

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/16192/colts-still-in-the-running-for-jerrell-freeman-and-geathers-could-start-next-season

I don't think they can afford to cut DQ.  Especially with the Freeman situation.  He is solid overall but he can't cover.  Maybe the new DC can find a way to get him out of coverage situations.  Freeman can cover, that's why I'm surprised we are not trying harder to keep him.  His leverage is shrinking so he might eventually realize it and come to a quick agreement.  He is still going to make a lot of money.

25 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Grigson is really about to pay Jackson $5.75M and let Freeman walk in free agency. What a time to be alive. 

i know man Grigson is a feaking genius, i posted so much negative crap about Grigson lately people are getting mad at me, so whatever Grigs wants to do i geuss im on board now, i just hope if he doesnt nail the draft and we have a mediocre season, Irsay has the balls to can his *. But i truly hope those 2 things thins dont happen i do want this team to succeed

On 3/11/2016 at 8:22 PM, Defjamz26 said:

Looks like we want our guys to move on and we shoot for comp pics.
  We need lots of new young guys to develop for our NEXT SB caliber roster.

Jackson is a good guy to keep around till the end of pre-season and then send him on his way.
  Rollover his $5M to next year.
  It is a solid plan. JMO of course.