Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RUMOR**** Colts "likely landing spot" for Upshaw

corgi

5 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I find it amazing how so many people, who clearly have a greater grasp of the NFL then those who actually are employed in it, are wasting their time on a message board instead of developing a perennial Super Bowl Champ every year? They must have missed their calling....quite sad?

You ever heard of a 'know it all?'  :spit:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Today this mostly happens with offensive linemen.  Most are used to the ZBS and when they are man to man....they cannot cut it. (running backs as well)

Yeah, there have been so many. Most of the Heisman winners have turned out to be duds. Some QB's like Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer, and Heath Shuler were Great in college but were absolute junk in the Pro's. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, there have been so many. Most of the Heisman winners have turned out to be duds. Some QB's like Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer, and Heath Schuler were Great in college but were absolute junk in the Pro's. 

Archie Griffin was not a great pro either...

2 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Archie Griffin was not a great pro either...

Yeah and didn't he win the Heisman 2 years in a row? There have been some Great Pro's that have won the Heisman like Tony Dorsett and Barry Sanders but most QB's that have won it stink in the Pro's. Andrew Ware LOL. Hard to believe Peyton or Andrew never won Heisman.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah and didn't he win the Heisman 2 years in a row? There have been some Great Pro's that have won the Heisman like Tony Dorsett and Barry Sanders but most QB's that have won it stink in the Pro's. Andrew Ware LOL. Hard to believe Peyton or Andrew never won Heisman.

It is like the HS QB who is bad to the bone.....ends up a nobody...

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jeff George

All the tools...fantastic arm.  I hate to say it this way, but I do not think his umbilical cord was ever cut......Mommy's boy.

Mommies, I was very close to my mom.....but there is a difference. 

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah, there have been so many. Most of the Heisman winners have turned out to be duds. Some QB's like Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer, and Heath Shuler were Great in college but were absolute junk in the Pro's. 

Could it be there is to much politics involved in selecting the Hiesman and real talent is overlooked.

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Could it be there is to much politics involved in selecting the Hiesman and real talent is overlooked.

I was almost glad Andrew didn't win it because most QB's either stink or get injured in the Pro's that win it. I call it the Heisman jinx. Look at RG3. I knew we were taking Andrew 1st

28 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

college game is totally different

manziel really was great in that environment.  he had real talent but it didnt transfer to a different game

17 hours ago, Dustin said:

This aint Alabama dawg.

5 sacks in 4 seasons. 

I agree. We do need to strengthen the position and Upshaw would be an upgrade but I think he's more of a stong side guy like Walden than a Rush LB but maybe here he gets more chances to Rush the passer than he did in Baltimore but IDK.

17 hours ago, Dustin said:

How?

He's an upgrade over Walden IMO and may even be his replacement after this season. Even at a rotational position this year with Walden we'll have a strong, edge setting LBer. Whose to say if they do sign him that Walden won't get cut in camp? So many possibilities

8 hours ago, JColts72 said:

Please not another Raven player or Browns, I mean there are other players from different teams.

yes there are other players from other teams....however there are good players on the Browns and Ravens teams as well though ;)

10 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I find it amazing how so many people, who clearly have a greater grasp of the NFL than those who actually are employed in it, are wasting their time on a message board instead of developing a perennial Super Bowl Champ every year? They must have missed their calling....quite sad?

Just because you are employed to do a job doesn't mean you are good at it.  GM's around the league do stupid crap each and every year.

50 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Just because you are employed to do a job doesn't mean you are good at it.  GM's around the league do stupid crap each and every year.

Sure they do but that has little to do with your retort? Do you deem yourself a better fit as a GM in the NFL than those who actually perform that task?