Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts release QB Josh Freeman (Merge)

NBColtsFanatic

8 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

Not sure why you would quote me and not say anything... useless notification.

Lmao, Osweiler is about to get PAID big time money to start for the Broncos. You left Booker23 speechless by mentioning Osweiler as a possible backup.

And after the year Fitz had he's a pretty crap suggestion as well.

15 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Lmao, Osweiler is about to get PAID big time money to start for the Broncos. You left Booker23 speechless by mentioning Osweiler as a possible backup.

And after the year Fitz had he's a pretty crap suggestion as well.

Yep.  Neither of those have any chance of being a back up in Indy. 

RG3 is not a good option either.  

I'd look at Matt Moore, Colt McCkoy and Stanton.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Breaking-down-the-free-agents-Quarterbacks/ce8d7dfc-c418-425b-948a-8d524e7cf07a

2 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Have you ever heard a coach or starting QB say the backup wasn't any good? 

No.    If they're not very good,  they usually don't say anything at all.      They don't go out of their way to praise someone publicly like that......

3 minutes ago, ColtsBTM12 said:

Doubt it. Some desperate team will probably over pay for him to be their starter.

I tend to agree.   A team who misses out on the QB sweepstakes will bring him in to start...

48 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.    If they're not very good,  they usually don't say anything at all.      They don't go out of their way to praise someone publicly like that......

I don't recall luck heaping any more praise on stanton than he did harnish

Huh..

Well bang goes my theory of who's going to be backup next year. I'm hoping we pick up a FA vet and don't burn a draft pick on a backup. 

Not sure who is going to be available in FA that's better than Josh Freeman though..

8 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

Colts just hit up my phone minutes ago... They are brining me in for the minimum.

They said they like my versatility. Can throw the ball and play center of needed.

That's funny, because I received a similar message. They think my 113 WPM typing ability can translate into some wins.

7 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

That's funny, because I received a similar message. They think my 113 WPM typing ability can translate into some wins.

Everyone knows the secret in the NFL is the ability to out type the other team.

1 hour ago, ColtsLegacy said:

And why's that? With no Hasselbeck, who's a better option?

Somebody who wasn't in the Arena League or whatever it was before we called him.  For some reason, he was beloved on this forum for his performances last season.  I thought he was terrible.  Inaccurate as usual.  So was Lindley.  That's why they both were available week ten last season.

This might be what we have in mind:

cardinals-35.png  Cardinals | Drew Stanton may not return    Mon Mar 7, 07:51 PM

Arizona Cardinals impending free-agent QB Drew Stanton may not re-sign with the Cardinals this offseason, according to a source.

Footballguys view: Stanton could come back, but he also may want more of an opportunity elsewhere. With the Cardinals, he's cemented as the backup behind Carson Palmer.

Link to story
Drew Stanton player page