Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trevathan to hit the Market

1 minute ago, The Peytonator said:

First of all, we should cut D'Qwell. Then at the right price I would love to have Trevathan, probably even at the expense of re-signing Freeman. As good as Freeman was last year, I can't really justify paying a 30 year old LB who finally broke out in a contract year. 

I'm curious what kind of contract the guy would get.  Maybe I'm crazy, but I would bet he gets at least 7 or 8 mill with reasonable guarantees.

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

He'll go to the Raiders or the Bears. Both have plenty of cap and are his former coaches in Fox and Del Rio.

But, i'd drop D'Qwell in heartbeat and sign this guy and Freeman to man the middle.

He already expressed interest in Chicago.

Just now, The Peytonator said:

I'd say about 7M, but LBs are hard to project imo. 

I think it could be closer to 8 than 7.  But your'e right, i'ts hard to project.  Coverage linebackers are harder to come by.  He definitely benefitted from a fantastic front 4, so his run game ability may be overstated some (I even think his coverage skills are slightly exaggerated by some).  Even if all that is true, the kid can play.  If he gets 8 million a year, I think he's probably worth close to that.

I agree that he'd be great to pair with Freeman, but I'm guessing that it's an either/or situation, even if we cut Jackson. Irving and Moore are already on the roster. 

That having been said, I would be psyched if we added him if we have the cap room after re-signing our own guys, signing a #2 CB and getting a guard... 

But I actually think we'll probably just cut DQand roll with Sio Moore. Or maybe draft an ILB in the first 3 rounds to come in and start day 1. With the other needs at OLB, CB, G, C, and DL I kinda doubt we spend much on an ILB. Drafting Scooby Wright wouldn't surprise me actually.

29 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

But I actually think we'll probably just cut DQand roll with Sio Moore. Or maybe draft an ILB in the first 3 rounds to come in and start day 1. With the other needs at OLB, CB, G, C, and DL I kinda doubt we spend much on an ILB. Drafting Scooby Wright wouldn't surprise me actually.

I hope sio moore is in the plans. I Wish He Had More Time As It is. No idea why my phone capitalized every other word.

For anyone that actually paid attention to him in the Playoffs, the guy was making plays all over the field.
 He made plays at the line, in the flats, and he was even used to cover wideouts and was spot on.
 This guy is worth $8M plus and would be a phenomenal add.
 Add a stud NT in front and he and DQ, with Geathers in some pass situations, it could be Stout!

15 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

I agree that he'd be great to pair with Freeman, but I'm guessing that it's an either/or situation, even if we cut Jackson. Irving and Moore are already on the roster

That having been said, I would be psyched if we added him if we have the cap room after re-signing our own guys, signing a #2 CB and getting a guard... 

I think one of those 2 should get more playing time before we can go out and get another starter. I think we stand pat and draft a future starter.

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

For anyone that actually paid attention to him in the Playoffs, the guy was making plays all over the field.
 He made plays at the line, in the flats, and he was even used to cover wideouts and was spot on.
 This guy is worth $8M plus and would be a phenomenal add.
 Add a stud NT in front and he and DQ, with Geathers in some pass situations, it could be Stout!

I don't think the Colts can afford to pay him $8 million a year though. When you have a true franchise QB, you can't give out big contracts to every player. You have to get good at drafting and getting cheap FAs. Colts are better off just drafting a young guy who can be really productive on his rookie contract,and then replace him if he's not a game changer.

Thats how it's done.

21 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

He'll go to the Raiders or the Bears. Both have plenty of cap and are his former coaches in Fox and Del Rio.

But, i'd drop D'Qwell in heartbeat and sign this guy and Freeman to man the middle.

Bears want him...BC..and they need him...

..but I wonder how much Oakland would pay to take a starter off Denver...

16 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

What about Danny Trevathan, Trumaine Johnson, Jeff Allen in free agency???

Would love to get them all but only at the right price. Trevathan might be to expensive, but I feel we could probably get Johnson and Allen at favorable prices. I agree with Defjamz26 we have to get better at drafting and developing, and getting cheap free agents that mix well with what we are doing, so that we get the most out of our money. We have hit on some guys in the draft, some even in the late rounds. But we have to make some strides in development of our young players.  

6 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I don't think the Colts can afford to pay him $8 million a year though. When you have a true franchise QB, you can't give out big contracts to every player. You have to get good at drafting and getting cheap FAs. Colts are better off just drafting a young guy who can be really productive on his rookie contract,and then replace him if he's not a game changer.

Thats how it's done.

Yes they can.  It's not like the colts have a star studded roster.  look at the guys Seattle has signed while having a very expensive QB.

4 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Yes they can.  It's not like the colts have a star studded roster.  look at the guys Seattle has signed while having a very expensive QB.

I'm looking towards the future. We might have other stars eventually. Once we extend Luck and Fleener, the amount of guys we can give out long term contracts to will be scarce, just like Seattle. Getting Jimmy Graham is going to come back to haunt them.

59 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'm looking towards the future. We might have other stars eventually. Once we extend Luck and Fleener, the amount of guys we can give out long term contracts to will be scarce, just like Seattle. Getting Jimmy Graham is going to come back to haunt them.

Oh yeah, that gigantic Fleener contract lol. 

you shouldn't be that concerned about the future since contracts are no longer than 3 yrs.

On 2/27/2016 at 2:20 PM, Defjamz26 said:

Thats how it's done.

Love your & Grigsons formula for a 25th or so rated D.
 I`m surprised, it doesn`t sound like you have any idea how much $$ we have to spend.

I believe we have an easy $20+ M for New FA``s.
 If Fleener has a brain he will look around.

I kinda like Damon Harrison for $12M & Trevathon for $8M per. :D Quality over quantity.
 Grigson hasn`t built ___ in 4 years using HIS strategy!! JMO of course.

20 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Love your & Grigsons formula for a 25th or so rated D.
 I`m surprised, it doesn`t sound like you have any idea how much $$ we have to spend.

I believe we have an easy $20+ M for New FA``s.
 If Fleener has a brain he will look around.

I kinda like Damon Harrison for $12M & Trevathon for $8M per. :D Quality over quantity.
 Grigson hasn`t built ___ in 4 years using HIS strategy!! JMO of course.

That's because he's made some rookie mistakes. This last draft was a step in the right direction though. If he follows the same ideals and avoids strictly going BPA, this team will be solid.

I like that he doesn't break the bank in FA.