Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts FA Wishlist

TYtheMan13

Hey everyone..just thought I'd see what everyone's FA list would be...of cource try to be a little realistic. I think we could get at least 3 impact players and fill the rest of the holes in the draft and by developing our own young players.

My list is:  

Damon Harrison- A great run stopper who is a beast and not talked about a lot..IMO one of the best run stoppers in the league and could be a great force on our Dline.. IMMEDIATE UPGRADE . (another option would be Malik Jackson if not resigned by Broncos, although he could be a little more expensive..Also Terrance Knighton could be a cheaper option)

Kelechi Osemele- Like many have said on here he would be a instant boost for our Oline..is said he's a great run blocker, and not to mention would be many times better than anyone we could put at the RG position.

Jenoris Jenkins or Trumaine Johnson- Just read something on NFL.com top FA's that said Rams most likely wont be able to retain both players. I see either player being a great corner opposite of Vontae Davis, would be a great upgrade over the often hurt/ inconsistent Greg Toler. ( I would also take a look at Casey Hayward)

Stefen Wisniewski- If the Colts don't plan on taking a C in the draft then he could be a good option as well. He is seen as a serviceable starter and also is an upgrade on both Holmes and Harrison. Don't know much about him but have read and heard good things about him in the past.

I'm not gonna put too many players because It's just not realistic, and I know that we'll resign some of our own FA's (maybe freeman and lowrey).. these are just players that I think the Colts could get and instantly make our roster better. I realize a lot of things will happen different and will be addressed in the draft, but once again this is a WISHLIST, lol..feel free to list your player and reason if you'd like.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelechi Osemele has been my first choice since the end of the season. However, I seriously doubt the Colts will sign ANY FA from other teams that will get the huge contracts. With that being said, I thinks Grigs will look to sign maybe a couple 2nd tier type FA`s such as a Ben Jones OC, Patrick Robinson CB or maybe Alex Boone, who`s coming off an injury. Guys like V. Miller, D. Harrison, J. Jenkins and T. Johnson will either resign with current team or be out of the Colts price range. Also, keep in mind the Raiders and maybe the Jags will spend a lot this offseason.

My question about Harrison is how much of his success is due to playing with Richardson, Williams, and Wilkerson? I do not know the answer as I hardly watched the Jets. I think it is worth asking though. How does he play with Henry Anderson and Kendall Langford?

I'd have these guys on the list:

- Danny Trevathan - Just entering his prime. Let Freeman walk.

- Tamba Hali - He is older which I know the Colts are going away from but based on what they have to spend and who is available I think he might be the best option right now.

OP I love your wish list. If we could make that happen and then get a couple EDGE rushers and a ball hawking safety in the draft we'd be a TRUE SB contender. Another thing. Damon Harrison is maybe the best NT in the NFL. An absolute force against the run. But he's not going to get a ridiculous contract like some are saying. He may get something like 4/32 but IMO that's about it. I don't remember a NT getting 10-12 million per year. Dan Williams only got what? Like 22 Million over 4 years? And he's probably top 6 or 7 3-4 NT in the NFL. I think we'll make a rub at him actually.

But here's my wish list today. It'll change as the days go by LOL. Like the OP said we have plenty enough cap room to bring back Fleener, Freeman, and Vinny, extend Luck, and sign 3 impact free agents. But anyways......

Trumaine Johnson 4/32 (Young big, tall corner with a knack for the INT. Perfect to pair with Vontae)

Kelechi Osemele 5/40 (One of the top 5 guards in the entire NFL. Would instantly give us a much better OL)

Damon Harrison 4/28 (Simple. The best run stuffing NT in the league)

Rod Streeter 1/1 (Need a 4th WR, and he has had a couple good years)

Trade for Kiko Alonso (2017 4th or 5th)

Then just for fun I'm gonna throw my hopes for the draft in here too

Noah Spence

Karl Joseph

Nick Martin

Johnathan Williams

Victor Ochi

Rashard Robinson

This would make us, possibly the favorite to win the Super Bowl. And our 3 major signings are all young!!!

21 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Agreed

LOL. Yeah that was a mistake. I was trying to show what our D would look like with those signings and that draft. I had it all lined up and everything you know. The DL, LB's, secondary. But when I posted it, it was all scrambled and stuff.

46 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

LOL. Yeah that was a mistake. I was trying to show what our D would look like with those signings and that draft. I had it all lined up and everything you know. The DL, LB's, secondary. But when I posted it, it was all scrambled and stuff.

I figured something went awry.   :)

18 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

My choices

Bruce Irvin

Damon Harrison

Trumaine Johnson

Stefan Wisnewski

I could dig that. Then get Noah Spence and Cody Whitehair in the draft. Woooooo that'd be sweet.

2 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Kelechi Osemele shouldn't be too expensive, maybe 7-8 million max. That would put him at basically the highest paid Guard in the game.

Iupati got 5/40. That's probably what Osemele will get. The difference is. Iupati's really good. But Osemele is great. He'd be well worth it. And I think with Pags having more control to go with the Ravens connect. I think we'll take a look. I don't think Pags was there with Osemele but Pagano would still want him IMO.

16 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Kelechi Osemele shouldn't be too expensive, maybe 7-8 million max. That would put him at basically the highest paid Guard in the game.

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

And the Colts won't do that --- ever.

Gosder Cherilus anyone? 

Yes he was a tackle, but still. 

24 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

I believe they did for Cherilus at RT. I expect they may have learned their lesson from that, however.

Buddy......

If you had just looked one post below (now above) you would've seen that I was referring to the guard position.

I wasn't trying to include tackle....   I know what we did with Cherilus.....    sorry for any confusion....

Welcome to the website.....

On February 24, 2016 at 2:19 PM, rock8591 said:

He can play 4 positions on the O line.. all but Center. He finished last season as their LT and he will not be paid as a guard.. IMO.

So I'm guessing you and the others are wrong on their #'s . With so many teams flush with cap room this year , it's probably going to take around 10 mill per year.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Offer-Kelechi-Osemele-Aggressive-Deal/8b589dda-247a-4dec-b27b-75817071d887

On 2/25/2016 at 7:46 PM, NewColtsFan said:

And the Colts won't do that --- ever.

considering some of the things the Colts have done in the past...I wouldn't make that proclamation.  I'm not saying they will do what was suggested, but no way would I say the never would.

31 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

considering some of the things the Colts have done in the past...I wouldn't make that proclamation.  I'm not saying they will do what was suggested, but no way would I say the never would.

Well....    I'll add under the current administration.

They're not going to sign a guard making him one of the highest paid guards in the league.     They had more money in previous years and didn't do it.     And now they have a lot less money, and lots of other needs, so they're not going to do it now.

Now,  maybe someday in the future,  Grigson/Pagano leave and a new GM/HC might take a different approach.   That could happen.       But under the current front office?       I don't see it.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....    I'll add under the current administration.

They're not going to sign a guard making him one of the highest paid guards in the league.     They had more money in previous years and didn't do it.     And now they have a lot less money, and lots of other needs, so they're not going to do it now.

Now,  maybe someday in the future,  Grigson/Pagano leave and a new GM/HC might take a different approach.   That could happen.       But under the current front office?       I don't see it.

Well, that kind of thing has happened under multiple administrations, which leads me to believe that when it's happened, it's been under Irsay's direction.

1 hour ago, Jason_S said:

Well, that kind of thing has happened under multiple administrations, which leads me to believe that when it's happened, it's been under Irsay's direction.

Under which administration have the Colts ever made an interior lineman one of the highest paid at their position?

And it wouldn't be under Irsay's "direction"....   it would be under Irsay's "approval"....  and those two things are not the same....     Sorry,  not trying to split hairs, just trying to clarify....

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Under which administration have the Colts ever made an interior lineman one of the highest paid at their position?

And it wouldn't be under Irsay's "direction"....   it would be under Irsay's "approval"....  and those two things are not the same....     Sorry,  not trying to split hairs, just trying to clarify....

I wasn't referring specifically to interior linemen.  And as to the bolded...unless you're behind closed doors with them, there's no way to know for certain. ;)

Neither Polian nor Grigson struck me as the "hey I'll make you the highest paid player at your position...." and that has happened under both of their administrations with players at various positions.  IMO, if there's someone Irsay really likes, he instructs the GM to do whatever it takes to keep them.  

1 minute ago, Jason_S said:

I wasn't referring specifically to interior linemen.  And as to the bolded...unless you're behind closed doors with them, there's no way to know for certain. ;)

Neither Polian nor Grigson struck me as the "hey I'll make you the highest paid player at your position...." and that has happened under both of their administrations with players at various positions.  IMO, if there's someone Irsay really likes, he instructs the GM to do whatever it takes to keep them.  

If you look at the thread,  my comment was specific to the position of guard, and nothing else.    Guard.

So, I think my comment about the position of guard -- stands up quite nicely.

As to the bolded,  unless you're prepared to say Polian and now Grigson are little more than puppets, and are just doing Irsay's bidding,  then I think we can know for sure.......

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

If you look at the thread,  my comment was specific to the position of guard, and nothing else.    Guard.

So, I think my comment about the position of guard -- stands up quite nicely.

As to the bolded,  unless you're prepared to say Polian and now Grigson are little more than puppets, and are just doing Irsay's bidding,  then I think we can know for sure.......

That seems like an awfully black and white view of things.  Do you think it is simply impossible that Irsay let's the GM do what they feel is best most of the time, but could step in and make his wishes known in certain situations where he feels it necessary?

Just because Polian or Grigson may have given in to Irsay's demands on an occasional contract negotiation does not make them puppets.

5 hours ago, Jason_S said:

That seems like an awfully black and white view of things.  Do you think it is simply impossible that Irsay let's the GM do what they feel is best most of the time, but could step in and make his wishes known in certain situations where he feels it necessary?

Just because Polian or Grigson may have given in to Irsay's demands on an occasional contract negotiation does not make them puppets.

I think we've lost sight of the context of how this all started......

I simply stated that I don't think Ryan Grigson/Jim Irsay are of the mindset to make a guard one of the highest paid at that position -- ever.     Nothing in their history would lead anyone to believe that they value guards to the extent that they are willing to pay out $8 Mill per.

And just because they might make Peyton Manning the highest paid QB -- great!     But offensive guard is another story altogether.....     there's nothing to support the idea that the position is valued that highly.....

The Bills and Richie Incognito are apparently pretty far apart in their contract negotiations. Buffalo probably would've been better off signing a contract with a 2nd year option, but instead they gave him 1 year, and he got selected to the Pro Bowl.

I'll be the first to admit that I was against this move last year, as it was a HUGE question mark as to whether he could be productive on the field and not be a locker room cancer. But he seems to have rehabilitated his image and regained his swagger on the field, so I'm all about having him on my wishlist at this point.

34 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

The Bills and Richie Incognito are apparently pretty far apart in their contract negotiations. Buffalo probably would've been better off signing a contract with a 2nd year option, but instead they gave him 1 year, and he got selected to the Pro Bowl.

I'll be the first to admit that I was against this move last year, as it was a HUGE question mark as to whether he could be productive on the field and not be a locker room cancer. But he seems to have rehabilitated his image and regained his swagger on the field, so I'm all about having him on my wishlist at this point.

Although Luck understands that this is a business if you bullied his LT from Stanford you are gonna have a pretty bad time at Indy, also H. Anderson and D. Parry are former teammates and they aren't as nice as Andrew is.

Incognito is out of question, also we got Philip and he is gonna close that door.

The Colts will probably end up having around 36 million to use if they cut Johnson and Cole if my math is right (fair warning it might very well not be).  Some of that will probably go to guys like Adam, Luck, Fleener and or Allen and maybe Freeman and Lowery.  Depending on who of that group they keep they might not have a lot left over for other free agents.