Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kravitz on Peyton and his grudges

chad72

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/15/kravitz-second-lawsuit-was-sparked-by-peyton-manning-holding-a-grudge/

I looked it up and here was Peyton on Jim Mora after his "playoff" rant:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2001-11-29/sports/0111290297_1_peyton-manning-mora-tony-siragusa

If grudge holding is a valid thing that Kravitz brings up, to me it may imply that Peyton does not retire a Colt if there is a grudge with Irsay.

2 minutes ago, Susie Q said:

Do we have to have another Bash Peyton Thread This has gotten totally out of hand and this thread should be deleted but I know it won't be and the way things are going I would be totally surprised if he even gives it a thought about retiring a Colt  why should he after the way so called Colts Fans have disrespected him and his name.  Now I'm doing what is asked of the members and reporting a thread for what good it does. 

C mon Susie, there are very few Colt fans who have disrespected Peyton. Don't let this thread bother you. I doubt anything Mora had to say about Peyton will determine what Peyton does.

There is sure to be a meltdown here when Peyton retires a Bronco.  I predict the same reporters, and posters who love to trash and bash him, but at the same time want him to come home so they can  embrace him in a retirement ceremony here, will be whining and crying how they've been wronged and shunned.  smh

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

C mon Susie, there are very few Colt fans who have disrespected Peyton. Don't let this thread bother you. I doubt anything Mora had to say about Peyton will determine what Peyton does.

Why would mora have anything to do with it?   He was fired long ago

5 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

There is sure to be a meltdown here when Peyton retires a Bronco.  I predict the same reporters, and posters who love to trash and bash him, but at the same time want him to come home so they can  embrace him in a retirement ceremony here, will be whining and crying how they've been wronged and shunned.  smh

Yeah. I never figured Peyton was as much a lightning rod as he had become the last few years. Even Broncos fans, a lot of them feel they'd be fine without him despite winning the SB with him manning the ship. So I do wonder if he should retire with any team at all.

One thing could be Peyton "fatigue" but like in most cases, a few dark spots on a bright wall get more notoriety than the whole body of work. In this day and age, you shudder being at the top and stumbling somewhere because there are enough sharks waiting to feed on your stumbling. You and I hold a grudge, people don't come out of the woodwork to take shots at us, but with Peyton, it seems like they are just waiting for any reason.

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well you can tell how mad I was because this was supposed to be a report and came through as a post. Seeing as I have a terrific cold and don't feel good I guess I should not be posting and/or reporting. haha  I'm done on all this garbage and I will be shocked if he retires a Colt.  Also Bob Kravitz has never had kind words for Peyton because he couldn't get interviews from Peyton when he was with the Indy paper. 

28 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah. I never figured Peyton was as much a lightning rod as he had become the last few years. Even Broncos fans, a lot of them feel they'd be fine without him despite winning the SB with him manning the ship. So I do wonder if he should retire with any team at all.

One thing could be Peyton "fatigue" but like in most cases, a few dark spots on a bright wall get more notoriety than the whole body of work. In this day and age, you shudder being at the top and stumbling somewhere because there are enough sharks waiting to feed on your stumbling. You and I hold a grudge, people don't come out of the woodwork to take shots at us, but with Peyton, it seems like they are just waiting for any reason.

Yeah, it seems Peyton has become right up there with religion and politics. Anything said about him has diverse sides.

Shall we have a grudge holder v Oh no he's NOT fight?

If a post with a link to a story about Manning trips a grudge.  That's his choice.

Doesn't change what he accomplished here or how much fans love him.

Glad he was invited back to retire a colt but that's all that was was an invitation.  If he retires a bronco, so be it. It's his life and his choice.

This is a football forum and we generally allow links to current stories.

I don't blame him for being irritated with Mora.  That was an epic meltdown.

On the other hand, I disagree with Manning trashing Vanderjack

Peyton Manning is not always perfect and not always right, just like the rest of us

17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Read the link that chad72 posted.

I did.   Kravitz was just pointing out manning held a grudge against mora.  That wouldn't influence his thoughts on indy and the Colts.    He may have animosity with irsay.  But mora wouldn't play a part

7 minutes ago, Fx Stryker said:

He belongs to the Broncos until 2017. Even if he wanted to retire a Colt he cannot without the Broncos cutting or trading him. Neither of which they will do if he is going to retire.

And when he retires he is not allowed to sign with another team.

Arrangements could be made if he were to want to announce his retirement here.  I don't care one way or the other though

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

I did.   Kravitz was just pointing out manning held a grudge against mora.  That wouldn't influence his thoughts on indy and the Colts.    He may have animosity with irsay.  But mora wouldn't play a part

That is what I was saying. I don't understand why you questioned what I posted?

5 hours ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Just exactly which reporters in the Indianapolis market love to "trash and bash" Manning? He has been treated very fairly over the years by Indy media.

Wow Goose...that was some 2015 level pot stirring garbage that came out of your mouth. I didn't remember him weighing in on this. What I do remember is Mora only getting fired because he refused to fire his DC and Manning (and many Colts and Saints fans) giving Mora tons of credit for many things over the years.

:D:D:D

Funny how the severity of trangressions and when they occurred gets shallower and longer as none succeed in bringing down the best ever charactered QB.  (As oppossed to worst ever in Brady)

He took HGH in 2012.

He phsically mooned someone 20 years ago.

Um.....well...he holds grudges.

What's next, he uses overly harsh words to train his dog?

The suggestion is that Peyton held a grudge against the woman who sued him because he didnt think his admittedly juvenile locker room actions warranted a suit and a monetary settlement....He was foolish to revisit his bad act in the 2003 book but I understand it if he felt she went too far.

....That's what I've always wondered about this story. Even if you take what she claimed Peyton did as the truth..

....it takes a ton of effort to pursue a lawsuit........

...I wonder if there was more to her response...was it just because she knew his dad had money?

...Or was there more to the situation.

We'll never know.

It doesnt change how I feel about Peyton ...its just sad that he wont be celebrated now if he retires next month.

For a 20-yearold college incident that was settled 13 years ago

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

:D:D:D

Funny how the severity of trangressions and when they occurred gets shallower and longer as none succeed in bringing down the best ever charactered QB.  (As oppossed to worst ever in Brady)

He took HGH in 2012.

He phsically mooned someone 20 years ago.

Um.....well...he holds grudges.

What's next, he uses overly harsh words to train his dog?

He conked a young boy with a football on SNL for being a snitch :thmup:

10 minutes ago, California said:

Thought PM was cool with Mora. Super Bowl weekend PM said Mora texted him and wishes him luck,

I think PM is cool with Mora. Kravitz was just adding fuel to the fire, IMO.

PM has always said he preferred locker room business to stay there and not for the whole world to see. That is why he took issues with Vanderjagt and Mora going public with their comments. He also made a mention of the sideline spat with Jeff Saturday stating that he had no issues with his O-linemen coming up to him and talking to him (or yelling) as long as it stayed between them after that, even if they were mic'ed up for it. 

4 hours ago, QwizBoy said:

I don't think it would surprise anyone now if Manning retired a Bronco.

if he retires now, it will be as a bronco because he is signed through next year.  even if he wanted to retire a colt he would probably have to wait to wait a while before he could sign a one day.

wouldn't bother me if he never signs one, but some people care, especially irsay

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

The suggestion is that Peyton held a grudge against the woman who sued him because he didnt think his admittedly juvenile locker room actions warranted a suit and a monetary settlement....He was foolish to revisit his bad act in the 2003 book but I understand it if he felt she went too far.

....That's what I've always wondered about this story. Even if you take what she claimed Peyton did as the truth..

....it takes a ton of effort to pursue a lawsuit........

...I wonder if there was more to her response...was it just because she knew his dad had money?

...Or was there more to the situation.

We'll never know.

It doesnt change how I feel about Peyton ...its just sad that he wont be celebrated now if he retires next month.

For a 20-yearold college incident that was settled 13 years ago

It may have been settled with money.  But the public is unsettled with it.  Looking at the evidence and testimonies, it doesn't look like Peyton handled this well at all.

All I know is this: Why is something that was handled with a financial settlement at the University Of Tennessee back in 1996 being brought to the forefront now? Gee, I don't know maybe it's because Jamie Naughright saw that Manning just won his 2nd SB ring & she wants a bigger payday because she's a gold digger perhaps. 

I revere Manning & I don't believe he ever did anything inappropriate as a college QB & since no charges were filed almost 20 years ago, this woman needs to zip it, walk away, & stop trying to tarnish Peyton's impeccable character & reputation. Get lost lady. I don't believe a word of your unfounded & outlandish allegations regarding #18 at all. Pure fiction with no merit or basis in fact. 

8 hours ago, Nadine said:

Shall we have a grudge holder v Oh no he's NOT fight?

If a post with a link to a story about Manning trips a grudge.  That's his choice.

Doesn't change what he accomplished here or how much fans love him.

Glad he was invited back to retire a colt but that's all that was was an invitation.  If he retires a bronco, so be it. It's his life and his choice.

This is a football forum and we generally allow links to current stories.

I don't blame him for being irritated with Mora.  That was an epic meltdown.

On the other hand, I disagree with Manning trashing Vanderjack

Peyton Manning is not always perfect and not always right, just like the rest of us

I actually liked his "our i-diot kicker" rant because it proved to me that Peyton was indeed human & I like athlete's who show me publicly that they are not robots & they respond accordingly when teammates go over the line. JMO. I respect your POV naturally Nadine. 

15 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

All I know is this: Why is something that was handled with a financial settlement at the University Of Tennessee back in 1996 being brought to the forefront now? Gee, I don't know maybe it's because Jamie Naughright saw that Manning just won his 2nd SB ring & she wants a bigger payday because she's a gold digger perhaps. 

I revere Manning & I don't believe he ever did anything inappropriate as a college QB & since no charges were filed almost 20 years ago, this woman needs to zip it, walk away, & stop trying to tarnish Peyton's impeccable character & reputation. Get lost lady. I don't believe a word of your unfounded & outlandish allegations regarding #18 at all. Pure fiction with no merit or basis in fact. 

If Jamie Naughright brings it up, she is the one violating the non-disclosure agreement by speaking about it. This is a case of Shaun King having lost the "I am black" fight in the eyes of black people trying to desperately redeem himself by distorting and embellishing a one-sided document (meant to be one-sided because it was done by Naughright's lawyers) because he wanted to target a high profile white athlete to make himself look "more black"? Shaun King does not care for the victim, he cares only about himself and his agenda. 

I can see both Naughright and Peyton going after this guy in court for different reasons down the road. Jason Whitlock, who himself is a professed Jeff George fan and has despised Peyton several times in the past, called this guy out as not even being a journalist:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/15/whitlock-calls-out-shaun-king-not-the-quarterback/

18 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If Jamie Naughright brings it up, she is the one violating the non-disclosure agreement by speaking about it. This is a case of Shaun King having lost the "I am black" fight in the eyes of black people trying to desperately redeem himself by distorting and embellishing a one-sided document (meant to be one-sided because it was done by Naughright's lawyers) because he wanted to target a high profile white athlete to make himself look "more black"? Shaun King does not care for the victim, he cares only about himself and his agenda. 

I can see both Naughright and Peyton going after this guy in court for different reasons down the road. Jason Whitlock, who himself is a professed Jeff George fan and has despised Peyton several times in the past, called this guy out as not even being a journalist:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/15/whitlock-calls-out-shaun-king-not-the-quarterback/

Thanks for the additional info Chad. I really appreciate it. It sounds like this reporter Shaun King, & I use the term loosely, is trying to stoke his own ego & amplify his own stature by smearing a more accomplished individual in Manning to me.

I can't believe how the media just ran with this fake outrage story about a highly respected QB & 1st ballot HOFer. It's very disturbing. Let's take the word of a nobody twitter poster & drag Manning's perfect ambassador for the league record thru the proverbial mud. That's just insane to me. Totally ridiculous. 

I'd make it my mission in life to squash Mr. King like a bug. Today, I even heard on 'ESPN First Take" rumors that a woman's group is pushing Papa John's & Nation Wide Insurance to end their association with Manning. I laughed my caboose off. Shut up you fake, holier than thou instigator organizations. Come back to me when you have a legitimate problem okay. Thanks. SMH over this nonsense. 

26 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I actually liked his "our i-diot kicker" rant because it proved to me that Peyton was indeed human & I like athlete's who show me publicly that they are not robots & they respond accordingly when teammates go over the line. JMO. I respect your POV naturally Nadine. 

I hear that but he trashed his career.  Called him a drunk which he wasn't.  Anyone else with his skill would have had a longer career in the NFL.  But after that he didn't

Just my POV.  Don't trash people just because you are angry

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

I hear that but he trashed his career.  Called him a drunk which he wasn't.  Anyone else with his skill would have had a longer career in the NFL.  But after that he didn't

His career ended because he couldn't kick accurately anymore.   He went to Dallas and was Terrible.   Bill Parcells had to cut him

23 minutes ago, Nadine said:

No, actually Peyton didn't trash Mike Vanderjagt whole NFL career. Here's exactly what Manning said below: 

I didn't hear Peyton slam Mike's whole career. At the end, he even complements Mike. Maybe you have a point with the intoxicated allegation that can't be proven, but Vanderjagt was basically saying that both Manning & Dungy were overrated & that neither one of them would win a ring together. Mike was wrong. I have zero sympathy for Mike career after he was dismissed from INDY either. He deserved it. 

I'm not angry BTW just stating facts Nadine. I am slightly sympathetic with the notion of keeping team disagreements in house of course, but I fail to see how our former kicker was mistreated. He knew why he did what he did & why he was later let go. 

34 minutes ago, Nadine said:

An interesting article regarding the backlash Mike faced for upsetting Manning & his inability to shake the rumor that he had a drinking problem which he didn't have. Okay. I counter that with this, if a kicker doesn't miss in 2005/2006 vs Pittsburgh, does anyone care what a HOF teammate said at a ProBowl? Ah nope. 

We just re-signed Adam V. why? Because he rarely misses FGs especially in the Playoffs. Do your job on the field & all is forgiven. Mike Vanderjagt failed to fulfill his end of the bargain. Case closed.  

37 minutes ago, Nadine said:

He played for the cowboys after the Colts didn't re sign him.   He was terrible.   Had he still been good,   his career would have continued. 

Also,   he lost a job as a middle school football coach for choking a student.  He obviously has some problems

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/5/25/3043090/former-colts-kicker-mike-vanderjadt-reportedly-assaulted-a-student

The other thing about this Mike Vanderjagt rift between Mike & Peyton is this: What kind of reaction did Mike expect? When you call into question the drive to win among Manning & Dungy, he had to expect a less than warm response over what was said. You attack a beloved coach & face of the NFL & you're surprised at the heat you receive in return? Duh. How naive are you Mike? 

Why does Peyton have to mend fences over a foolish statement 18 never made about the Colts future long-term success that he never stated in the first place? Can't Mike be the bigger man & admit to Peyton & Tony in private that he screwed up? Why does it all fall on Manning's shoulders to resolve this conflict? I've never been able to wrap my head around that one. 

You clam you were "black balled" by Manning Mike. Well, you caused the problem & did absolutely nothing to fix it on your own man. I'm sorry you're depressed, but you made this bed, now lie in it.