Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The next team for Peyton manning????

coltsorioles

2 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I knew if he won he most likely would not retire as a Colt on a one day contract. I think everyone is OK with that. You think he likes Indianapolis any less because he's not there anymore? He still continued contribute to the community from Denver. Indy had a higher television rating in the SB than Denver. There is literally no animosity other than the ones who make it up in their heads that there was bad blood when he literally had a broken neck, was owed a ton of money and in his mid 30's and we had the number 1 pick on a once in a generation QB and a 2-14 team to completely rebuild. We beat him 3 of 4 times, he went to two SBs and won one. Now we have Luck entering his prime while Peyton can't throw a ball. Literally can't get any more win win than that.

There is no sense talking any further, we do not agree on anything.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, colts_mp said:

Why not go to Houston where they have no QB and still won the AFC south.  With that defense maybe he could get them a playoff win or two.  And we'll get to see him come here.

I have no doubt he will talk to them but I don't see him coming back unless he can have a fair amount of control over the offense. I don't really see O'Brien allowing that. LA may be a better fit in that regard but they don't exactly have decent WR for him to throw to. Decent D, OL and run game but LA has a brutal schedule. 

Hope he retires but won't surprise me if he doesn't. 

19 hours ago, coltsorioles said:

If Peyton Manning does play another season who would it be with? He said he does not want to learn a new offense. 3 teams fit that category. Broncos, Lions, Dolphins.  The dolphins have Adam gase with Clyde C. They have a decent defense. The Lions have Jim Caldwell and Jim Bob cooter. And just stay in Denver.      You also hear about the Rams. Or how about a backup qb for the colts or giants

I think he could play for the Texans or the Rams..

Both need QBs...they have solid defensive players.......Houston would be the best option.

'Their defense is shovel-ready .....I'm not sure JJ Watt hasn't spoken to Peyton about it..

..with that said..I dont want to see Peyton in Houston facing the Colts twice next year

Jeff Fisher has high regard for Peyton. I've read many times. ...Tevon Austin and Todd Gurley are monster weapons....Great weather obviously.....and the Rams would sell out every game hours after they opened

negotiations with Peyton.

Fisher would let Peyton run  whatever offense he wanted to run...and the Rams would then draft a QB to sit behind Manning and learn as Brock did.  Manning in LA would be great for the NFL

I cannot see Peyton staying in Denver....Brock proved he could win regular season games at least..

They must sign him...to a long term deal.....Peyton is set to get $19 mil next season and, I believe,  they cant renegotiate it unless they extend it...and he's 40 next month

They can only keep him or cut him.../and they'll cut him (or trade him)

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

I think he could play for the Texans or the Rams..

Both need QBs...they have solid defensive players.......Houston would be the best option.

'Their defense is shovel-ready .....I'm not sure JJ Watt hasn't spoken to Peyton about it..

..with that said..I dont want to see Peyton in Houston facing the Colts twice next year

Jeff Fisher has high regard for Peyton. I've read many times. ...Tevon Austin and Todd Gurley are monster weapons....Great weather obviously.....and the Rams would sell out every game hours after they opened

negotiations with Peyton.

Fisher would let Peyton run  whatever offense he wanted to run...and the Rams would then draft a QB to sit behind Manning and learn as Brock did.  Manning in LA would be great for the NFL

I cannot see Peyton staying in Denver....Brock proved he could win regular season games at least..

They must sign him...to a long term deal.....Peyton is set to get $19 mil next season and, I believe,  they cant renegotiate it unless they extend it...and he's 40 next month

They can only keep him or cut him.../and they'll cut him (or trade him)

If I was a betting person I bet he has a no trade clause in his contact.  

Rams.

I think this would be an intriguing marriage.  They seem tailor-made for a smart, aging game manager. 

My guess is he hangs up the cleats. He missed a great opportunity to announce retirement on the absolute grandest stage, under the brightest lights, with the biggest audience,  and at the pinnacle of sporting achievement.  It would have made grown men cry. Now if he announces retirement in April, it'll be....  meh

He wont play for the Texans or Rams reasons being - he wont play in the NFC because of his brother, he wont play in the AFC South because of the Colts. He has already said he wouldn't go to an NFC team because of Eli or an AFC South team because of his ties here in Indy. That leaves Miami and I doubt Miami just gives up on Tannehill. I think Peyton retires IMO. Denver will roll with Brock who is Good but he isn't near the QB Luck is, so good luck with that.

5 hours ago, Live and let live said:

I don't have a problem with that at all but when he doesn't sign for one day to retire as a Colt, you will see how he felt about it.

And when Peyton DOES retire as a Colt, then you will see how he felt about that :)

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He wont play for the Texans or Rams reasons being - he wont play in the NFC because of his brother, he wont play in the AFC South because of the Colts. He has already said he wouldn't go to an NFC team because of Eli or an AFC South team because of his ties here in Indy. That leaves Miami and I doubt Miami just gives up on Tannehill. I think Peyton retires IMO. Denver will roll with Brock who is Good but he isn't near the QB Luck is, so good luck with that.

To my knowledge, Peyton has never said he wont play in the NFC.   In fact, he said he would have when he eventually went to Denver...and he certainly has no allegiance to the Colts..again, we cut him.

Miami does not need a QB...LA and Houston do

The big thing is: he'd have to pass a physical to play for anyone. Can he do that.

He isn't 100% right now

Denver has to make a decision by the first week in March and Peyton wont be much healthier than he is now.

So they'll probably cut him unless someone makes a call

Peyton took a pretty long look at Arizona in his last wander into free agency which is in the NFC but I do believe he has said he would prefer to not have to meet his brother in the playoffs unless they both made the Superbowl.

It has also been said he reached out to Houston to see if they had interest in him but they did not as Kubiak was happy with Schaub so that would say he has no problem playing in the AFC South. Funny how things worked out with Kubiak. 

On 2/9/2016 at 2:04 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to see him retire. Cant go out any better way. He owns all the important records and is now a multiple SB winner. Getting that 2nd Ring was huge as a starter and wipes the choke label in the playoffs away. He will always be remembered as a winner now if he retires just like Elway.

I hate it when they bring up the 1 & dones or choke

He took the team multiple times to leads with or without late drives to get that lead only to see the defense or special team & / or coaching decisions to ruin it with less than a minute left sometimes less than 40 seconds if remember right , Thats all u should have to ask of your QB

case in point

Vs jets late drive gets lead with  1 minute left + / - 10 - 20 seconds

we kickoff , special team allows for 2nd time in game backup returner cromartie a 40-50 yard return, Jets get some yards , 30 seconds maybe left , maybe less time too , Jets look like they 

are going to take long  FG with kicker that has poor % from that range , Caldwell calls time out, Jets now can reconsider and plan a play, defense allows Sanchez no less to make a throw and easy FG from what the 18 or with 18 seconds left - 

Great special teams , great D , great coach call all in last drive of game for a loss

Know exact description maybe wriong but its pretty accurate account of what happened

Just take same wash  rinse , repeat a loss , again not his fault

Here is hoping Colts staff can see what could of been and what is needed to do for Luck

BUILD A COMPLETE TEAM , thats 1 with balance, doesnt need # 1 O or D but really good on both sides of the ball

Elway turned the team 180 degrees in 2 years to win SB 

Hate him if u want but he saw an issue and fixed it, LEARN COLTS STAFF< LEARN

u squandered alot of Peyton years, dont do it to Luck, QB's like that dont always come back to back

12 hours ago, coltsva said:

If Peyton does not retire in the next few weeks, his time in Denver will end the same way his time in Indy ended.

I keep reading he has till March something to announce

yet NFL network last night on the news scroll said Elway says its not up to us and Peyton can take the time he needs to decide

I hope he retires in perfect fashion 

8 hours ago, SteelDragon said:

Rams.

I think this would be an intriguing marriage.  They seem tailor-made for a smart, aging game manager. 

My guess is he hangs up the cleats. He missed a great opportunity to announce retirement on the absolute grandest stage, under the brightest lights, with the biggest audience,  and at the pinnacle of sporting achievement.  It would have made grown men cry. Now if he announces retirement in April, it'll be....  meh

If he announced it it would of upstaged the win for tea mates, as per many news outlets
PM didnt want anythiong to be taken away from all just enjoying the win

23 hours ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

My own personal opinion is that he is retiring.  

I think if he played one more year it would be with the Broncos since he is still under contract for that time period, but I also  think the Broncos will stick with Brock, the QB of their future.   As much as I love Peyton, I don't think he can sustain a full season again.   I believe taking the 6 weeks off to rest and heal is what got him "well enough"  to finish the season.    What better way to call it a career than hoisting the :lombardi: .   

It's time.   

Thanks for the Memories,  It's been great.

As per Archie that foot hurt in training camp, then the partial tear, Peyton never was healthy all year & wont be untill many weeks of foot rest , & wasnt  the  last part of previous year

If healthy he probably could play way better , but why , why risk further injury, I agree at this point its harder to heal and easier to break & he found out already his hip will need replacement 1 day, U have a great legacy, great family, ( in many cities besides your own immediate ones ) u are universally loved save for maybe NE , but by ,many there too

Threre is really nothing left u need to do. , Hang up those cleats, retire a colt , enjoy Ashley and your kids and if football is needed to still challenge u, u , todd Helton your buddy, maybe a few others got enough cash to buy a team and be challenged another way 

U already defied all odds after that neck surgery to come back & have the greatest season a QB ever did, and  have a storybook ending for the ages

Whatever u do I wish u the best, Love u man and thanks for all the memories, they are cherished and engrained in my mind & heart

I hope he does not go the route of a weekly mouthpiece on one of the million pregame talk shows. I admire what Farve did, go to his property and do as he pleases. There is still the MPA Manning Passing Academy that is now 21 years old and I'm sure he has plenty on his plate to keep him busy not forgetting two boys. I  retired last year and trust me heaven is right here on earth. Live it up 18.

3 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I hope he does not go the route of a weekly mouthpiece on one of the million pregame talk shows. I admire what Farve did, go to his property and do as he pleases. There is still the MPA Manning Passing Academy that is now 21 years old and I'm sure he has plenty on his plate to keep him busy not forgetting two boys. I  retired last year and trust me heaven is right here on earth. Live it up 18.

He has a boy and a girl.   Also,  he is only 39 years old.   He will do something

7 hours ago, King Colt said:

I would love for him to be a color commentator like Madden. He would have some brilliant insight into the inner workings of the offenses and defenses.

46 minutes ago, No 1 Manning Fan said:

I would love for him to be a color commentator like Madden. He would have some brilliant insight into the inner workings of the offenses and defenses.

I would love for him to be Bob Lamey's sidekick on the radio. Of course only the local people can enjoy him then during games but I would listen every game.

14 hours ago, bayone said:

If he announced it it would of upstaged the win for tea mates, as per many news outlets
PM didnt want anythiong to be taken away from all just enjoying the win

I heard the announcers say that,  but I wonder if it came from Peyton himself, or if it's just their own speculation.  I think Peyton is seriously considering the prospects of returning versus retiring.  I don't think he has his mind made up yet.

On 2/9/2016 at 2:00 AM, ReMeDy said:

That 2000 Ravens defense is now removed from the Super Bowl record books, thanks to Manning and the Broncos. Denver won with 194 yards on offense, the fewest of any team to win a Super Bowl. The previous low was 244 by the 2000 Ravens in Super Bowl 35.

Neither Dilfer nor Manning will be remembered as having played much of a role in their teams' Super Bowl triumphs. But, when comparing the two in those games, Manning was along for the ride more than Dilfer.

When Trent Dilfer does better than you its time to retire .

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:54 AM, bayone said:

As per Archie that foot hurt in training camp, then the partial tear, Peyton never was healthy all year & wont be untill many weeks of foot rest , & wasnt  the  last part of previous year

If healthy he probably could play way better , but why , why risk further injury, I agree at this point its harder to heal and easier to break & he found out already his hip will need replacement 1 day, U have a great legacy, great family, ( in many cities besides your own immediate ones ) u are universally loved save for maybe NE , but by ,many there too

Threre is really nothing left u need to do. , Hang up those cleats, retire a colt , enjoy Ashley and your kids and if football is needed to still challenge u, u , todd Helton your buddy, maybe a few others got enough cash to buy a team and be challenged another way 

U already defied all odds after that neck surgery to come back & have the greatest season a QB ever did, and  have a storybook ending for the ages

Whatever u do I wish u the best, Love u man and thanks for all the memories, they are cherished and engrained in my mind & heart

I want him to play one more time healthy with the offense he wants to run

Not knocking Kubiak...he made all the right moves to win......

..and John Elway built a championship team.

...But playing in LA....good weather..with a speedy receiver and a star RB..good defense...

....veteran coach...and a franchise returning to town....I would love to see it....and I think he still wants to play..

Denver has to sign Brock and move on...and I think Peyton likes Brock..and knows he's blocking his progress

....But you are right 'B'

.....his injuries will return....I'd bet his mom and dad (and his wife) want him to quit..

...  and he ahs now done something no NFL QB has ever done....

...Up here In NW Indiana, it took folks like me years to get over Michael Jordan retiring...

.....at least now, Indy folks have Andrew Luck......it might be time

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:35 PM, SteelDragon said:

I heard the announcers say that,  but I wonder if it came from Peyton himself, or if it's just their own speculation.  I think Peyton is seriously considering the prospects of returning versus retiring.  I don't think he has his mind made up yet.

Those announcers said he should retire 4 years ago, too.

I just remember Michael Jordan saying: That when you retire after doing something as long as he had, part of you dies....

You've got to do what you want to do.

....He would be a hero in LA and it would help the NFL....

..if he's still able to get healthy

56 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Not knocking Kubiak...he made all the right moves to win......

..and John Elway built a championship team.

...But playing in LA....good weather..with a speedy receiver and a star RB..good defense...

....veteran coach...and a franchise returning to town....I would love to see it....and I think he still wants to play..

Denver has to sign Brock and move on...and I think Peyton likes Brock..and knows he's blocking his progress

....But you are right 'B'

.....his injuries will return....I'd bet his mom and dad (and his wife) want him to quit..

...  and he ahs now done something no NFL QB has ever done....

...Up here In NW Indiana, it took folks like me years to get over Michael Jordan retiring...

.....at least now, Indy folks have Andrew Luck......it might be time

I Loved Michael, hated his retirement, loved when he came back 

If I knew he could stay healthy all year I wouldnt mind seeing him play with a team with a star running back ( though  he , Gurley also has to stay healthy,  

Yes Rams have some nice receivers , but this Brit isnt the same Brit I dont think though may be the QB throwing to him at fault, Tavon Austin is interesting and wes is back but think hes to old but reliable safety valve, Fisher does love Peyton, , they may offer a 1 year with option for 2, Like Jared Cook & Lance Hendricks combination at TE

Better OL for sure than he had this year

and the D aint the Broncos but are very good  

Maybe its the Dr in Me, combine with having neck surgery myself - but i just dont want him to chance getting hurt, 

& yes Mom has told him to please retire

He also would need time to get on page with receivers & RB etc

Frankly though I want him to do what he wants, maybe its selfish of me but i cant stand watching him get hit anymore knowing he is 1 bad 1 away from paralysis as I am also told same with 1 bad fall - this is to perfect an ending to hiss career and he should walk away unless u can guarantee me he wins a 3rd SB with a 3rd team and 5th coach while staying perfectly healthy

On 2/11/2016 at 10:35 PM, SteelDragon said:

I am sure that speculation even if Manning has decided, the media doesnt know and just gave that out\

Right now Peyton is just enjoying it all , he will give an answer when things wind down and not so emotional and I am sure after a discussion with Ashley more than parents but them too, he may

have decided to retire and the win may have rejuvenated his spirit to play

we will have to wait , its speculation now for everyone at this point

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

PS

. I'd also like to know what hip changes , that is how bad has it already degenerated that the Dr already said he will need a replacement in his future, His pocket movement can deteriorate fast as well,

there is alot out there medically that's a big ? mark

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:02 PM, No 1 Manning Fan said:

If I were advising him, I'd tell him that he should only play if he can stay in Denver. That's a monster D. If they could improve the offensive line so that the backs can run without contact in the backfield, then they could easily be right back in the Super Bowl. Barring that, RETIRE.

Is there a way he can stay in Denver? I dont see it.

The Broncos spent 4 years schooling Brock Osweiler..Peyton  was part of that.

Brock QB'd them to wins over Cincy and NE....he seems ready for his shot...they cant let him go and go

with 40-yearold Peyton....

....and even if Peyton wanted to sign for low cash and play just one more year ...I'm not sure...but I dont think he can. He cant renegotiate a deal that has 1 year left and has already been redone...without extending it.

The only way I see that Peyton stays in Denver is as an assist GM to Elway..or as a

minority owner of the Broncos if they let him buy in ...

that's why I keep saying: Houston and LA...teams with good dcefenses...at least one really good receiver or running back...and a need at QB.  I think Houston has to at least call him and LA probably already has

21 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Is there a way he can stay in Denver? I dont see it.

The Broncos spent 4 years schooling Brock Osweiler..Peyton  was part of that.

Brock QB'd them to wins over Cincy and NE....he seems ready for his shot...they cant let him go and go

with 40-yearold Peyton....

....and even if Peyton wanted to sign for low cash and play just one more year ...I'm not sure...but I dont think he can. He cant renegotiate a deal that has 1 year left and has already been redone...without extending it.

The only way I see that Peyton stays in Denver is as an assist GM to Elway..or as a

minority owner of the Broncos if they let him buy in ...

that's why I keep saying: Houston and LA...teams with good dcefenses...at least one really good receiver or running back...and a need at QB.  I think Houston has to at least call him and LA probably already has

I don't think it will happen either.  I'm just saying that I wouldn't want him to go play for any other team. That would be his only shot to have a decent year. It seems that all of the teams with which he could have success already have QBs. If it can't be Denver, please just retire.

34 minutes ago, No 1 Manning Fan said:

I don't think it will happen either.  I'm just saying that I wouldn't want him to go play for any other team. That would be his only shot to have a decent year. It seems that all of the teams with which he could have success already have QBs. If it can't be Denver, please just retire.

Thinking about what you're saying, I do wonder if there is any thought at all in Denver of bringing Peyton back for his final year at $19 mil, signing Brock for a contract that has low cash in 2016 and $15-$20 mill for years beyond that....and rolling with both of them for the coming season...with that defense. 

I have problems with urging someone to retire because of the chances they have t win a title.

. Retirement is forever........

But I understand what you say about wanting Peyton to go home with his family

being a champ in his final season.  To win in his final season is what I wanted for him, too

Needs to retire.  Doesn't need the money, doesn't need the acholades, doesn't need to build more stats or does he.  He'll be another side show in a circus a la Farve if he hangs around.  Retire while you're on top, you'r legacy has been cemented no need to pad up your stats.

38 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

Needs to retire.  Doesn't need the money, doesn't need the acholades, doesn't need to build more stats or does he.  He'll be another side show in a circus a la Farve if he hangs around.  Retire while you're on top, you'r legacy has been cemented no need to pad up your stats.

That's an arguement from 2013....Peyton didn't 'pad his stats' this year.

He's a football player and players play as long as they can .....

He needs to do what he wants to do no matter what any of us think

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's an arguement from 2013....Peyton didn't 'pad his stats' this year.

He's a football player and players play as long as they can .....

He needs to do what he wants to do no matter what any of us think

May I rephrase your last statement? He will do what he wants to no matter what any of us think. No matter what he choices to do it's been a heck of a ride. It sure don't seem like it's been 18 years since he became a Colt player. Just another chapter in Colt history that wont ever be forgotten.

13 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

I think he can do what ever he wants.   If he comes back it will have nothing to do with stats