Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The next team for Peyton manning????

coltsorioles

14 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

May I rephrase your last statement? He will do what he wants to no matter what any of us think. No matter what he choices to do it's been a heck of a ride. It sure don't seem like it's been 18 years since he became a Colt player. Just another chapter in Colt history that wont ever be forgotten.

You said it better that I did

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key to me is health: People forget how banged up he was all year. IF (and it;s a big IF), he can get healthy, I could see him playing for at least a year with the Broncos, if they decide to keep him. They would have to improve the O-line and re-sign some players on defense.

That being said, he has developed a satisfaction in helping people which transcends football. He has two little ones and a wife that have missed a lot of time with him. Those tow things may draw him into retirement.

57 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

As a Ravens fan, that is one you don't mind being  removed from the record books ! I still like good ol' Trent. Not the best QB, but got the job done. 

All it matters is if you win the SB, if Andrew can play like Dilfer in any Playoff run but we still win I could care less. Peyton did enough against Carolina. He let his Defense control the game and he didn't mess it up with a game changing Turnover. All people look at is if you win the SB. Ben played lousy in 2005 against Seattle but nobody talks about that, all they say is Ben won.

2 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

As a Ravens fan, that is one you don't mind being  removed from the record books ! I still like good ol' Trent. Not the best QB, but got the job done. 

Amazing I never dreamed Peyton Manning would be 1 upped by Trent Dilfer ..

It just proves even the best QB's need a decent defense at the end of his career he was lucky to be in Denver they had a defense while ours is lil improved in the years since he left .

Had he remained a Colts last year instead of a injured young QB we would have a injured broke down old QB with nothing to show for it .

At least we got Luck hopefully management can finally give the fans a defense we can be proud of .

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

All it matters is if you win the SB, if Andrew can play like Dilfer in any Playoff run but we still win I could care less. Peyton did enough against Carolina. He let his Defense control the game and he didn't mess it up with a game changing Turnover. All people look at is if you win the SB. Ben played lousy in 2005 against Seattle but nobody talks about that, all they say is Ben won.

It is true. Very few remember the five games without a touchdown. Peyton did what he needed to do in the playoffs. It's a great way to close out a career. 

3 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Amazing I never dreamed Peyton Manning would be 1 upped by Trent Dilfer ..

It just proves even the best QB's need a decent defense at the end of his career he was lucky to be in Denver they had a defense while ours is lil improved in the years since he left .

Had he remained a Colts last year instead of a injured young QB we would have a injured broke down old QB with nothing to show for it .

At least we got Luck hopefully management can finally give the fans a defense we can be proud of .

I don't think Trent trumped Peyton as much as both managed the game to take advantage of great defenses. 

There is is no doubt that Luck can take the Colts to a SB victory. The bigger question is can Irsay and Grigson put the type of team around him that can help him win. 

12 minutes ago, TheBlackHand said:
  • Cannot believe they kept Grigson.......he's a clown in the truest sense.

i expect more egotistical dust ups and more bad drafts......and I say this with conviction

I keep hearing how this is a win/win situation from Irsay. While it is a win in a sense you get Luck for the long term, I don't see how it is a win strengthening the Broncos and Elway for four years, giving them 2 Super Bowl appearances, and 1 SB victory. We are all happy for Peyton, but who is happy for the obnoxious Bronco fans ? 

In the short term it's definitely a loss, especially when you throw in the 2012 Broncos team that may have been the strongest of all, and didn't even make the SB. 

To me, this now puts tremendous pressure on Irsay and Grigson to produce a complete team around Luck, as Elway did with Manning. There is no win/win unless you win !

55 minutes ago, TheBlackHand said:
  • Cannot believe they kept Grigson.......he's a clown in the truest sense.

i expect more egotistical dust ups and more bad drafts......and I say this with conviction

So the clown took a 2-14 team, rebuilt it and then went three 11-5 seasons and advanced farther into the playoffs. Won GM of the year his rookie year. The Colts have a bad year because of quite a few reasons so lay all the blame on Grigson like it's all his fault? Is it possible to see the bigger picture for you?

I see too much too much Eagles flash in the pan know how......banner / roseman......their gold standard set their franchise back and will stay also rans.  You're gonna tell me Lucks injuries are his own doing?  Ok....the line needs upgrading and he went WR instead of OL last yr is what I'm talking about when I reference the Eagles.  

But sorry to derail......chicken Parm you taste so good.  Manning needs to hold his retirement pressed soon.   He's doner than a 6 hour thanksgiving turkey.    He's got the records and a new SB......get on out of dodge.

7 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

I keep hearing how this is a win/win situation from Irsay. While it is a win in a sense you get Luck for the long term, I don't see how it is a win strengthening the Broncos and Elway for four years, giving them 2 Super Bowl appearances, and 1 SB victory. We are all happy for Peyton, but who is happy for the obnoxious Bronco fans ? 

In the short term it's definitely a loss, especially when you throw in the 2012 Broncos team that may have been the strongest of all, and didn't even make the SB. 

To me, this now puts tremendous pressure on Irsay and Grigson to produce a complete team around Luck, as Elway did with Manning. There is no win/win unless you win !

Why are you so possessed with what Irsay says? The Colts have a down season after over achieving for three seasons and you still are fixated with Irsay and what he said?

2 hours ago, TheBlackHand said:

I see too much too much Eagles flash in the pan know how......banner / roseman......their gold standard set their franchise back and will stay also rans.  You're gonna tell me Lucks injuries are his own doing?  Ok....the line needs upgrading and he went WR instead of OL last yr is what I'm talking about when I reference the Eagles.  

But sorry to derail......chicken Parm you taste so good.  Manning needs to hold his retirement pressed soon.   He's doner than a 6 hour thanksgiving turkey.    He's got the records and a new SB......get on out of dodge.

Please detail what olineman should have been taken in the first round as opposed to drafting dorsett.  Don't leave out any details 

3 hours ago, TheBlackHand said:

Set the franchise back? Really? What kind of shape was the franchise in when he took the job? It seems you have a short memory.

3 hours ago, TheBlackHand said:

Maybe he doesn't want to leave? and wants to Repeat going out in his final contract year?

51 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Please detail what olineman should have been taken in the first round as opposed to drafting dorsett.  Don't leave out any details 

Well they needed defense foremost, but they perhaps should have taken a flier on the OT Donovan Smith.  He was a underclassman who declared early.   He's gonna be a great player for Tampa and played pretty good in his rookie year.  Seeing you didn't pick again until round three....taking a position of non-need in the WR (even though he's a PBA), you should have had Grigs take something to help plug both lines.   Listen, I am not a Colt fan and don't pretend to be.   The Colts pick was a head scratcher.   If you think Luck can do it alone, without protection or a defense to keep things productive and actually win, then I see Grigs took a shot in the dark.....Grigs learned from Joe Nickel Bags Banner (as in cheap)..........who is an outright failure of a football administrator.

Now we can end this discussion about Grigs and get back to the Peyton Pizza Party :)

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe he doesn't want to leave? and wants to Repeat going out in his final contract year?

I def see some consternation on him, wanting to hang around, but he's got the records.   His physical skills have eroded immensely.   IF the AFCCG was in sub freezing temps, who knows if Peyton makes those first half TD throws. 

2 minutes ago, TheBlackHand said:

I def see some consternation on him, wanting to hang around, but he's got the records.   His physical skills have eroded immensely.   IF the AFCCG was in sub freezing temps, who knows if Peyton makes those first half TD throws. 

I even know he doesn't win in Foxboro, HFA is huge and when the Patriots had to go to Denver I felt pretty good about my prediction but Brady to Gronk about gave me a heart attack haha I really don't think Peyton will repeat if he comes back but if he's healthy, you never know. Elway actually looked better in 1998 than he did in 1997.

5 minutes ago, TheBlackHand said:

Elway is reported to not want him back, and there is a 21M reason why.

This is how big HFA is, everytime Tom has had it he beat Peyton and when Peyton has had he beat Tom. I think regarding all sports HFA means the most in Football or maybe in Game 7 in Basketball where NBA teams haven't lost a Game 7 at home since 1978.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is how big HFA is, everytime Tom has had it he beat Peyton and when Peyton has had he beat Tom. I think regarding all sports HFA means the most in Football or maybe in Game 7 in Basketball where NBA teams haven't lost a Game 7 at home since 1978.

Tom has something else that gives him the edge everytime, not this year..  Big Brother must have shut it down, but you'll get the injury excuse and the OL excuse from Masshats

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why are you so possessed with what Irsay says? The Colts have a down season after over achieving for three seasons and you still are fixated with Irsay and what he said?

Why are you so overly protective about what he says. I've made similar comments about Bisciotti and Newsome on the Ravens forum for different reasons. When an owner talks, you better listen, because he holds the purse strings and makes the coaching and GM calls. These are totally fair comments about the win/win. You got the QB you wanted , but you've had three years with him at a lower salary , and now the big payday is coming. On top of that, the QB's are getting killed because the O line isn't protecting them. It's fair game when the buck stops with Irsay and Grigson. Look, I want to know what the Ravens brass is going to do to fix a 5-11 disaster. 

6 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

Why are you so overly protective about what he says. I've made similar comments about Bisciotti and Newsome on the Ravens forum for different reasons. When an owner talks, you better listen, because he holds the purse strings and makes the coaching and GM calls. These are totally fair comments about the win/win. You got the QB you wanted , but you've had three years with him at a lower salary , and now the big payday is coming. On top of that, the QB's are getting killed because the O line isn't protecting them. It's fair game when the buck stops with Irsay and Grigson. Look, I want to know what the Ravens brass is going to do to fix a 5-11 disaster. 

Hello Crow 

The City may change but expectations don't & its a what have you done for me lately world answers are needed we saw Peyton Manning & the Broncos win a Superbowl with 2 appearances in 4 years Elway looks like a genius .

Andrew Luck has until injury surpassed 18's early years,the GM unlike in Denver has failed to protect the franchise we see what can happen if you give the franchise QB protection & a defense capable of getting to the QB .

Grigson a former o-lineman I thought can't field a offensive line worth a crap why ? 

Disaster seasons require serious reflection you cut Peyton Manning & drafted Andrew Luck pretty easy decisions for the new guy now what are you gonna do ? 

Trade Andrew Luck to Denver ?  We all no hes gonna go to a Superbowl ..

Posted by Darin Gantt on February 15, 2016, 6:02 AM EST
Brock OsweilerAP

The Broncos have said repeatedly they’re going to give Peyton Manning all the time he needs to make a decision about his future.

And for the moment, that’s preventing them from talking to their quarterback of the future.

Via Mike Klis of KUSA in Denver, the Broncos haven’t started contract negotiations with Brock Osweilerout of respect to Manning.”

That’s courteous, but possibly dangerous, as the possibility exists that someone else might want Osweiler too. He becomes a free agent on March 9, the same day Manning’s $19 million salary becomes fully guaranteed.

They’re clearly not going to pay that, so that establishes a deadline for Manning to announce his intentions, or let the Broncos announce them for him. And with his name in the news for other reasons right now, he might not want to become a public spectacle at the moment.

Ostensibly, there’s plenty of time for the Broncos to talk respectfully with Osweiler, since the combine begins a week from tomorrow. And at some point, they need to plan for life after Manning.

Here is the Elway info:

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php#lpQpHebFHzJtdltf.99

Broncos Plan Significant Changes at Quarterback

Updated Feb. 15, 2016
By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

Bill Parcells used to say that winning is a great deodorant, and that certainly has been proven true time and again in the NFL. While the Denver Broncos won the ultimate prize of Super Bowl 50, that sweet smell won't mask some of the disgust in Denver. In fact, multiple relationships at the most important position on the team are tenuous entering this offseason. In speaking with sources, they say the Broncos are going to have real changes at the quarterback position in the weeks to come.

Sources say that Broncos general manager John Elway is done with Peyton Manning, and he won't be back with the team next year. The relationship between Manning and Elway has deteriorated over the past season, and Elway is ready to move on. Manning is faced with a decision on retiring, but sources say he won't be returning to Denver if he decides he wants to play next year.

Backup quarterback Brock Osweiler is also entering free agency. Osweiler played in eight games in 2015, completing 62 percent of his passes for 1,967 yards with 10 touchdowns and six interceptions. The fifth-year pro was unhappy about his benching, but Osweiler and the team could agree on a new contract. Sources say that Osweiler wants $12 million per season, while the Broncos want to sign him to a 3-year contract averaging about $10 million per year. While Denver would like him back, sources say that it has to be at a price they are comfortable paying.

Even if Osweiler is re-signed, drafting a quarterback early in the 2016 NFL draft is definitely in play for Denver. The Broncos loved North Dakota State quarterback Carson Wentz, but know that he won't be getting anywhere near Denver's pick. However, the team also is enamored with Mississippi State quarterback Dak Prescott. He is a good fit in Gary Kubiak's offense and sources say that Prescott is in play for the Broncos on the second-day of the draft.

At the Senior Bowl, Prescott really helped himself by impressing teams with intelligence, leadership and overall football character. Sources from multiple teams raved about Prescott's performance in the team interviews. They say he is a fast-rising prospect in the quarterback-needy NFL.

Denver's plan is to address the defensive line in the first round. They love Alabama's Jarran Reed, but he also is very unlikely to make it to pick 31. Still, the 2016 draft is loaded at the defensive line, so there should be some good options available to the Broncos. Even though Denver's first-round pick could go to fortifying its tremendous defense, the changes at quarterback will get all the attention this offseason.

2 hours ago, TheBlackHand said:

If you're a fan of any team, you have to critique the owners and coaches and players.  It works both ways good and bad.  Old Crow is right. 

You are right but you haven't been around long enough to know the past history of Crow and his hate of the Irsays.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

You are right but you haven't been around long enough to know the past history of Crow and his hate of the Irsays.

As a chess player it is important to understand both sides of the board .

Crow has a right to feel the way he does keep in mind B Irsay got rid of a icon neither the fans or Unitas ever forgave that sacrilage , Kinda the same way some feel about cutting Peyton Manning ..

Bob Irsay according to  all that i'v read was  a terrible owner who disrespected the fans & the Colts in Baltimore but like I said you have to understand both sides I'm still learning ..

I remember me & Crow went round & round a time or 2 & he has shared some good old Colts stories with me & I respect his view . For me its like vegas what happens there , stays there it did'nt travel to Indy The Colts got what they wanted as did Indy .

The Colts history goes back to Dayton Ohio thru the I believe The Dallas Texans & on to Baltimore , Did you realize the Blue & white of the Colts can be traced back to the Texans franchise or that the fans voted for the name Colts .

A long history with a Championship before there was ever a SB .. 

The Bottom line is everyone in Indy would feel similar if our Colts disappeared in the middle of the night .

17 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

As a chess player it is important to understand both sides of the board .

Crow has a right to feel the way he does keep in mind B Irsay got rid of a icon neither the fans or Unitas ever forgave that sacrilage , Kinda the same way some feel about cutting Peyton Manning ..

Bob Irsay according to  all that i'v read was  a terrible owner who disrespected the fans & the Colts in Baltimore but like I said you have to understand both sides I'm still learning ..

I remember me & Crow went round & round a time or 2 & he has shared some good old Colts stories with me & I respect his view . For me its like vegas what happens there , stays there it did'nt travel to Indy The Colts got what they wanted as did Indy .

The Colts history goes back to Dayton Ohio thru the I believe The Dallas Texans & on to Baltimore , Did you realize the Blue & white of the Colts can be traced back to the Texans franchise or that the fans voted for the name Colts .

A long history with a Championship before there was ever a SB .. 

The Bottom line is everyone in Indy would feel similar if our Colts disappeared in the middle of the night .

I understand that very well. But hating on Jim because of what his dad did is not right. Jim had zero to do with the Colts moving. I don't think Robert would have moved had the city of Baltimore and it's fans supported the team and then threatened with the domain issue. Indy built a stadium even without a team while Baltimore stood  around and did nothing to keep the Colts.

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I understand that very well. But hating on Jim because of what his dad did is not right. Jim had zero to do with the Colts moving. I don't think Robert would have moved had the city of Baltimore and it's fans supported the team and then threatened with the domain issue. Indy built a stadium even without a team while Baltimore stood  around and did nothing to keep the Colts.

I totally agree in fact Jim Irsay was the go to guy in Baltimore if I recall . His dad fired the coach at halftime of a game during the half Jim straightened out the mess .

He is not his dad & deserves respect .

We all know the Houston Texans and LA Rams are considered the usual suspects for Peyton's services, should he play one more year.

So, I was curious and looked at their offensive lines. What I saw shocked me here:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

The Rams were #1 in adjusted sack rate (half as many sacks as Denver), they were more hamstrung by poor QB play than a poor O-line. Their O-line was tops in pass protection and 24th in run blocking adjusted line yards, which makes it even more remarkable what Todd Gurley did. 

If Peyton, by some miracle, wants to play another year, he might be better off going with the Rams, even if the Seahawks and Cardinals are in the division, IMO.