Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cam Newton walks out of post SB interview

chad72

Just now, Superman said:

Money keeps coming up, and it has nothing to do with money. As I'm sure you'd agree, money doesn't buy character.

It's great to have a village to help raise kids, but the responsibility falls to the parents and those who are in the lives of the kids. Cam is a football player. It's not his job to raise my kids, and I don't hold him to that standard. I hold myself to that standard. I hold my friends and family to that standard, as they are the people who are actually in my village. People who fall short of that standard don't spend a lot of time with me. Cam is just a guy on TV who plays football. 

Ur right.  He's just a cocky football player that nobody should look up to because he acts like a horses rear. Done.  You win. 

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, CR91 said:

im saying you dont need to be put down anymore that youre already are

Nobody there was putting him down! They were asking about the teams game play and how he saw things that went down from his perspective. If he took it personal,  that's his problem. 

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

your love for your children is the same as cam's love for the game and love for his team to perform when they need him. he failed and that is as heart breaking for him as you letting your children down

But fortunately, I don't act like he does when I fail. He needs to grow up. 

16 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I kind of think it is awesome when WE are our kid's role models.  Nick especially listening and becoming a very tough defensive lineman.  OL has a footwork issue, but.....I better quit, I know 'nothing' about  football...HA!

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

That's a really high standard that I don't think most professional athletes can live up to.

16 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I kind of think it is awesome when WE are our kid's role models.  Nick especially listening and becoming a very tough defensive lineman.  OL has a footwork issue, but.....I better quit, I know 'nothing' about  football...HA!

12 minutes ago, Superman said:

That's a really high standard that I don't think most professional athletes can live up to.

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Nobody there was putting him down! They were asking about the teams game play and how he saw things that went down from his perspective. If he took it personal,  that's his problem. 

its not about what someone asks you. ive had people try to bring me up when I was down and I wanted nothing to do with it. I want to be alone and recollect with my own thoughts til it stopped hurting. everyone deals with pain and loss their own way

33 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

She was highlighting how a 12 year old, despite having faced difficulties that would rock many, is able to act in a mature way. She spoke using a life experience which is something we all do as our perspectives are shaped by life's experiences.

Cam has played long enough that he should have learned how to lose well in addition to winning well.

We've had 49 other losing quarterbacks that have acted better than this. Why shouldn't Cam get called out for behaving this poorly?

LIKE!!!  I will be back tomorrow to officially like.

10 minutes ago, radiogirl said:

Yes I have. Never a championship. But I let my children down a lot as hard as I try not to and that's a hell of a lot more important than a football game.  I own up to my mistakes, apologize, and try and become a better person. Cam doesn't seem to learn this lesson. 

Sorry burnt up my likes lol

19 minutes ago, CR91 said:

how is being emotional a lack of maturity? 

There is a time and place for all things.  That was not one of them for him to act in such a manner towards others.  It is a fresh pain,  but he has to control his emotions and thoughts and focus on the task at hand.  Not let his feelings rule his judgement. 

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

its not about what someone asks you. ive had people try to bring me up when I was down and I wanted nothing to do with it. I want to be alone and recollect with my own thoughts til it stopped hurting. everyone deals with pain and loss their own way

So then how were they bringing him down?  THEY were not the ones bringing him down.  He was doing it himself by obviously wallowing in self pity.

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

There is a time and place for all things.  That was not one of them for him to act in such a manner towards others.  It is a fresh pain,  but he has to control his emotions and thoughts and focus on the task at hand.  Not let his feelings rule his judgement. 

I disagree. pain rather fresh or old is still pain and not easy to handle. 

30 minutes ago, Superman said:

Then you can't attribute to them being a leader.  Not all professional athletes are considered leaders.  Those that are must encompass the competencies and attributes of a leader.  Something he has yet to fully develop.

24 minutes ago, radiogirl said:

Ur right.  He's just a cocky football player that nobody should look up to because he acts like a horses rear. Done.  You win. 

Coincidentally, he just had his first son. A few years from now, his son will understand what happened yesterday. That's when I think Cam will most regret how he acted. Maybe between now and then, Cam has a chance to redeem himself publicly.

Again, not trying to defend his actions. But I don't agree with the role model thing, that's just my own personal belief. It would still be much better if he acted in a way that would make the people who know him proud. It would be better to act in a way that is worthy of a role model. I just don't hold him to the "role model" standard.

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I know it's not,  and that's what I am getting at.  He needs to continue to learn and grow as a leader.  Thus maturity.

perhaps he didnt handle the situation the right way, but I feel will need to emphasize with the state of mind he was in and what just transpired. its not always black and white

Ok Im waying in don't care if it Pee 's anyone off.  Some making excuses , personally im tired of them. This guy is 26 years old payed millions to be a leader act like it. Further more if he was raised right he wouldn't act like that. My A... would've been smarting even at a young age acting like that as well as not being able to participate anymore . Its disrespect all the way around for teammates The NFL , Could go on but done !

7 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Then you can't attribute to them being a leader.  Not all professional athletes are considered leaders.  Those that are must encompass the competencies and attributes of a leader.  Something he has yet to fully develop.

QB has become synonymous with 'leader,' and that's probably more of a forced correlation than a causal force. Ideally, they go hand in hand. Ideally, Cam Newton would be a better leader than he proved to be yesterday.

3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

perhaps he didnt handle the situation the right way, but I feel will need to emphasize with the state of mind he was he and what just transpired. its not always black and white

It really isn't. And I empathize with his situation.  But I can't give him a pass if he wants to claim to be the leader but then not act like one. 

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

You basically get humiliated in national TV for the championship, would you be in the mood to get criticized by a bunch of people just trying to poke the bear

If he doesn't like it he can always go and get a real job in an office somewhere, Then he wouldn't have to deal with the media.

4 hours ago, SDakColts said:

After watching the video on the link, and seeing his reaction I 100% believe that he walked out due to overhearing Chris Harris. IMO post game interview rooms should not be set up where you can hear the player in the opposite room better then you can heard the player you are interviewing.

Yeah, you would think they would've had the courtesy to at least have them separated to the point where they couldn't hear the opposing players, lol.  I'm not defending Cam's actions, but it's kind of common sense.

23 minutes ago, CR91 said:

perhaps he didnt handle the situation the right way, but I feel will need to emphasize with the state of mind he was in and what just transpired. its not always black and white

There is a superbowl loser every year.   It's a bad look when he pulls the crybaby routine at the post game presser.  It doesn't really mean anything really.   He is still a great player.  

32 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Ok Im waying in don't care if it Pee 's anyone off.  Some making excuses , personally im tired of them. This guy is 26 years old payed millions to be a leader act like it. Further more if he was raised right he wouldn't act like that. My A... would've been smarting even at a young age acting like that as well as not being able to participate anymore . Its disrespect all the way around for teammates The NFL , Could go on but done !

Well said my friend!

4 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

Leave it alone.  You said basically the same thing Gavin said and I should have quoted YOU as well.

Cam did what he did...he is young and he is immature. He should have lived up to what a leader should do.  Not "He has every right to do this."

Yes and we have a right to think he is not a leader.  There is class and there is no class.  I said my piece.

In addition, Lee was one of the best generals in the history of war.  Losing a war is awful knowing so may people died on both sides in the Civil war. To show class in defeat has been talked about for centuries.  The Super Bowl is a GAME!!

Sorry you did not like the analogy.

You want it left alone? Then don't bring it up. You brought it up so it's here whether you want it to be or not. If you still didn't see it or somehow don't get it, there's plenty of pictures show he actually did "show class in defeat" to Manning. If you want more from him in showing class then that's on you, but don't act like he didn't show class in defeat.

4 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its pretty simple really. Luck is professional. Cam isn't. Luck would have dove for that fumble (most qbs would have not just Luck). Most qbs that lose don't act like that  after a loss.

You and others really need to drop this "X player would have dove for that fumble" nonsense like you know every thing. Just like every other person on this planet you don't know that. If you want to assume Luck would have and say "Luck probably would have dove for that fumble" then sure by all means go ahead, but don't act like you know for a fact he would have done it. 

2 hours ago, radiogirl said:

He makes way to much money to act like such a child and embarrass his team, IMO. 

Now he's acting like a child and embarrassing his team? Now we're just reaching for any hot take in sight. 

I find it humorous with how some have a problem with Cam's attitude and celebrating. Aaron Rodgers discount double check and Tom Brady's cursing and yelling are just a couple of examples you all have seen countless times and yet not a peep from any of you on those celebrations. These guys are human. Them celebrating isn't ruining the game, it isn't ruining someone's kid and it sure as hell isn't hurting any of you. You've seen these guys be brief, snappy and sometimes even rude during a press conference. They're not going to be cold, calculated, emotionless robots. 

42 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Now you guys are just trying to make me laugh. The morality high horse some are sitting on is comical right now. 

2 minutes ago, Blackhawk4 said:

You want it left alone? Then don't bring it up. You brought it up so it's here whether you want it to be or not. If you still didn't see it or somehow don't get it, there's plenty of pictures show he actually did "show class in defeat" to Manning. If you want more from him in showing class then that's on you, but don't act like he didn't show class in defeat.

You and others really need to drop this "X player would have dove for that fumble" nonsense like you know every thing. Just like every other person on this planet you don't know that. If you want to assume Luck would have and say "Luck probably would have dove for that fumble" then sure by all means go ahead, but don't act like you know for a fact he would have done it. 

Now he's acting like a child and embarrassing his team? Now we're just reaching for any hot take in sight. 

Whatever. He acted like a child. You want to defend him go ahead. He needs to grow up. People like my friend at work who adored him said they were glad he lost. Clearly he didn't do himself any favors. 

1 minute ago, radiogirl said:

Whatever. He acted like a child. You want to defend him go ahead. He needs to grow up. People like my friend at work who adored him said they were glad he lost. Clearly he didn't do himself any favors. 

Wonder if they realize he disrespected his fanbase as well ?

1 minute ago, No 1 Manning Fan said:

I rooted hard for the defense, but I did find myself thinking that he deserved that concussion Wes Welker put on him in the AFC championship game in 2013.

What in the world? Good grief man, take a minute to realize what you just said and how horrible that sounds.

11 minutes ago, Blackhawk4 said:

I find it humorous with how some have a problem with Cam's attitude and celebrating. Aaron Rodgers discount double check and Tom Brady's cursing and yelling are just a couple of examples you all have seen countless times and yet not a peep from any of you on those celebrations. These guys are human. Them celebrating isn't ruining the game, it isn't ruining someone's kid and it sure as hell isn't hurting any of you. You've seen these guys be brief, snappy and sometimes even rude during a press conference. They're not going to be cold, calculated, emotionless robots. 

Now you guys are just trying to make me laugh. The morality high horse some are sitting on is comical right now. 

Well bud I paid for your right to have your opinion as well my own !

Cam graciously congratulated Peyton, with a smile on his face after losing the biggest game of his life. Answered questions but became annoyed by the fact that he could overhear a player from the other teams conference. I would love to see ppl sit there and listen to that with no problem.

Peyton walks off the field and doesn't congratulate anyone after the Saints SB and I'm sure everyone here didn't have a prob with it.

Its obvious ppl didn't like Cam prior to this. Those ppl feel like it's only one way to play this game. Those ppl won't even attempt to understand how he felt on that moment listening to Harris talk

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

how is being emotional a lack of maturity? 

Derp...

I'm pretty sure human beings experience emotions, I think it may even be a large part of the human experience & I am sure some would argue that it is the human capacity for a varied range of emotion that sets the human apart from other 'wild' animals...

One could surmise that it is how one reacts in response to those emotions that helps define ones maturity level...

I know the dots are tough to connect...

I've got mixed feelings...part of me think it was terrible to put opposing teams next to each other to interview while one is celebrating and talking about dominating the other and the loser has to listen to that and answer to it. I've never seen that in any situation before. Very disappointed in the NFL handling that...not only because it was unfair to put players in that situation....basically rubbing salt in a wound. Cam was starting to open up and answer questions until Harris was so loud I couldn't even hear Cam talk anymore. Cam was pouting...no doubt...he reverted back to young Cam....the one Steve Smith who was the team leader before Carolina forced him out to make Cam the leader had got on Cam about...but this IS Cam...I wasn't surprised..this is who he is. Don't get me wrong....he is also the charismatic guy on the field...the guy making plays no one else can make...the smile....the swagger...the giving kidsTD balls....he is all those things. He is an emotional player...it feeds him...and unfortunately it harms him too. I mean this started during the game....as the game wore on you could see him get frustrated and you could see him start to revert to that Cam that when things go wrong he doesn't react well and he didn't in the game either. Every time he got hit....every incompletion....his body language wasn't good. Top it off with the "No mas" fumble play and well it wasn't surprising it carried over into the locker room etc. He is very young...been very successful...probably enabled by the staff that hasn't worked on helping him with the leadership part of the game that he needs. Sure you can lead by performance...but when that is failing you need someone that will also do the dirty work....grit it out....and take the lumps and tough questions...because as we saw Cam fold under pressure in the game and after....so will his team if they take on his identity. It's all good when he is playing loose and winning and dabbing it enboldens the team it inspires...but they need to also see a leader that will play through the bad games and gut it out...and Cam just isn't there yet. Very very special player...learning to be a leader but he has a long way to go. He didn't handle it great...but I'm not going to just bash the guy who is learning as he goes...nobody said he was a polished player or leader coming in. He is learning as he goes...now if in 10 years he is still doing it...yeah I'll judge that. Tough game...on and off the field....he will learn and probably get more chances to improve on both performances.

53 minutes ago, Blackhawk4 said:

Good call those guys can get a little obnoxious too. They can gloat a bit in victory & in defeat rodgers can deflect a bit, & brady is well brady...

Am I mistaken, or did brady get 'Boo'ed' during the MVP ceremony before the game?