Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cam Newton walks out of post SB interview

chad72

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

If by fantasy you mean people who were clamoring for Harbaugh to come here as the Colts head coach, even though he bounces around on the sidelines like a gorilla in heat, then yeah, I completely made it up.  Fact of the matter is, many people around here called that "fiery" and "competitive."  Is it really a stretch to think that if he did that here or something similar in a media interview that all of the sudden, those same people would call him childish?  I don't think so, and if they did, then it perfectly illustrates the double standard I'm talking about.

No, by fantasy I mean things that do not exist in the real world.  the fact that Harbaugh is emotional and some people wanted him at the Colts HC has no bearing on the colts hiring him, him acting like a baby in a loss nor Colts fans being ok with it.  It's fantasy because Haurbaugh has lost the SB and he did not do that.  He lost a close game to MSU this year and he did not act like Cam, he got humiliated by OSU and did not act like Cam.  So, when you make up a scenario that has never happened and then make assumptions about how people reacted to your make believe scenario that is called fantasy land.

It's funny, I remember a lot of fans on this forum knocking Manning for a long time when he didn't shake Brees hand after the SB loss.  But we're supposed to cut Cam some slack for acting like a spoiled brat who just got his favorite toy taken away.  Why should we cut him some slack, because he's young, because he's black, because he just lost and hurt his poo-poo.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

It's commonly called "artistic license" or exaggerated embellishment to illustrate the point that someone's dislike of someone or their actions really doesn't justify the backlash Cam Newton is receiving. 

A common literary tactic used to drive a larger symbolic point home. 

No. Not an exaggeration. I think he acted like a 3 year old who got his toy taken away. I'm sorry you think life is unfair for Cam right now but I don't think he really cares. I think he will continue to live in his self-centered universe