Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arians on end to season: 'Nice that our fans are *'

SilentHill

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000631701/article/arians-on-end-to-season-nice-that-our-fans-are-*

Oh how right you are Mr Arians! As it turns out he likes to see fire from his  fan base, and he likes that they are * that they didn't make the Super Bowl. I had to post this, because some here say they are happy when the colts just make the AFCCG or happy when we make the playoffs and call the rest of us "spoiled" when we complain that we didn't get another ring. As it turns out, some NFL coaches like when the fans get up in arms....

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SilentHill said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000631701/article/arians-on-end-to-season-nice-that-our-fans-are-*

Oh how right you are Mr Arians! As it turns out he likes to see fire from his  fan base, and he likes that they are * that they didn't make the Super Bowl. I had to post this, because some here say they are happy when the colts just make the AFCCG or happy when we make the playoffs and call the rest of us "spoiled" when we complain that we didn't get another ring. As it turns out, some NFL coaches like when the fans get up in arms....

It is nice to hear that.

However, it does not mean that Arians or his GM do not have perspective on what they accomplished when the dust settles. When the dust settles, they know what it will take to handle the elite teams. But one year can be totally different from another and the horses may not run the same way from one year to another.

3 hours ago, SilentHill said:

I had to post this, because some here say they are happy when the colts just make the AFCCG or happy when we make the playoffs and call the rest of us "spoiled" when we complain that we didn't get another ring.

What a drastic mischaracterization. 

30 minutes ago, bababooey said:

To be fair, I think we give off a "soft" vibe when we put up an AFC finalist flag. We're a meme now like crying Jordan.

Who cares?   That has nothing to do with the play on the field.   Fans reaction one way or the other has no bearing on the outcome of games

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Who cares?   That has nothing to do with the play on the field.   Fans reaction one way or the other has no bearing on the outcome of games

It's easier if you live in Indiana vs. living around tons of Pats fans. I would not care if I was surrounded by Colts fans but the only fans I know are you guys and my dad, uncle, and grandpa.

10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The key here is that Arians likes to see the fans fired up and not satisfied with just reaching the championship game. I suspect more coaches and organizations feel the same. Kinda makes all those who call people spoiled for expecting a Super Bowl seem even more silly now with endorsement from the head coach.

48 minutes ago, bababooey said:

To be fair, I think we give off a "soft" vibe when we put up an AFC finalist flag. We're a meme now like crying Jordan.

That has nothing to do with the fans response to losing the AFCCG. The Colts chose to put that banner up; if they had polled the fans, that banner wouldn't be there.

1 minute ago, SilentHill said:

The key here is that Arians likes to see the fans fired up and not satisfied with just reaching the championship game. I suspect more coaches and organizations feel the same. Kinda makes all those who call people spoiled for expecting a Super Bowl seem even more silly now with endorsement from the head coach.

Not really.   As I said before.   Our disgust or lack thereof has no bearing on the outcomes of games.  The players and coaches want to win even more.than we want them to

10 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

No, it's a spot on characterization of certain people, which is why i said "some".

No it's not. Recognizing being in the AFCCG as an achievement isn't the same as being happy with losing. What you said is entirely a mischaracterization. 

Edit: And thinking that some fans are acting spoiled because of their extreme statements after a big loss (or even a not so big loss) isn't really related.

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Not really.   As I said before.   Our disgust or lack thereof has no bearing on the outcomes of games.  The players and coaches want to win even more.than we want them to

If the attitude of the fans is directly effecting the happiness of the coach, then yea I would say it has some weight.

Just now, SilentHill said:

If the attitude of the fans is directly effecting the happiness of the coach, then yea I would say it has some weight.

Fans attitude has no bearing on the coachs happiness.    Winning does.  He wouldn't be sad if the fans were content with simply making it to the NFCCG

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

No it's not. Recognizing being in the AFCCG as an achievement isn't the same as being happy with losing. What you said is entirely a mischaracterization. 

Edit: And thinking that some fans are acting spoiled because of their extreme statements after a big loss (or even a not so big loss) isn't really related.

And that's your opinion.

Arians is happy fans aren't happy with just making the NFCCG. I'm sure he's not looking back on the season saying what a great season, we took this team to the NFCCG.

3 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

And that's your opinion.

Arians is happy fans aren't happy with just making the NFCCG. I'm sure he's not looking back on the season saying what a great season, we took this team to the NFCCG.

Did you read the entire article you posted? 

"Yeah, it doesn't go away," Arians said. "You go back, though, and you really appreciate the journey. The way our young guys played, the way our veterans played, it was a good football team and it broke a lot of records. But the final prize was right there, so that's what makes it frustrating."

he is appreciative of what the team accomplished.   

2 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

And that's your opinion.

Literally nothing I said was opinion. It's simple fact. 

And the Cardinals did have a great season, and Arians acknowledged that. You're acting like he's entirely dismissive of the year they had because they fell short, and he's not.

From the actual interview: http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/golf/phoenix-open/2016/02/02/mcmanaman-cardinals-coach-bruce-arians-reflects-what-might-have-been/79663964/

Yeah, I mean you want that ultimate prize,” Arians said. “But this football team, I thought grew and made another nice step and gained more experience. But next year, we’ve got to finish it. Every year is different and you’re going to have injuries, but the expectation doesn’t change.

“Yeah, it doesn’t go away. You go back, though, and you really appreciate the journey. The way our young guys played, the way our veterans played, it was a good football team and it broke a lot of records. But the final prize wasright there, so that’s what makes it frustrating.”

33 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Not really. None of Arians' lip service takes away from the fact that they got taken behind the woodshed and beaten like a step-child by Carolina. I don't think Colts fans were any less upset than Cardinals fans when we got blown out by NE last year in the AFCCG. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an *.

The only real difference is that NONE of their fans are calling for the coaches or GMs heads because they failed to make it to the Super Bowl. Can't really say the same about our fanbase.

You think we weren't upset about losing in the championship game?!?!?! Good lord. These accusations of fans being soft has gotten ridiculous! 

Not every team, player, person wins. In fact, only ONE does. That means that everyone else loses. In life, that's what we face everyday: failure. It happens. 

Shrugging it off is NOT soft or weak. It's just friggin' life! So yes, when our team loses in the championship game, it sucks and we are ticked. But life goes on and eventually you realize it's not worth crying over.

22 minutes ago, Superman said:

Literally nothing I said was opinion. It's simple fact. 

And the Cardinals did have a great season, and Arians acknowledged that. You're acting like he's entirely dismissive of the year they had because they fell short, and he's not.

From the actual interview: http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/golf/phoenix-open/2016/02/02/mcmanaman-cardinals-coach-bruce-arians-reflects-what-might-have-been/79663964/

Oh no I'm sure he's happy with player progression and what not, but in no way is he happy for making the NFCCG, that's how i interpret it. And yes it still is your opinion that what I said was a mischaracterization.

3 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Oh no I'm sure he's happy with player progression and what not, but in no way is he happy for making the NFCCG, that's how i interpret it. And yes it still is your opinion that what I said was a mischaracterization.

Of course he's happy his team made the NFCCG. Doesn't mean he's satisfied.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Of course he's happy his team made the NFCCG. Doesn't mean he's satisfied.

If I was the head coach I wouldn't be happy, falling short of the SB, and I think it's amazing that you are speaking for Bruce in this matter. Are you guys close?

2 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

If I was the head coach I wouldn't be happy, falling short of the SB, and I think it's amazing that you are speaking for Bruce in this matter. Are you guys close?

You serious???

Your words: "In no way is he happy for making the NFCCG." 

Are you close with Arians? Or are you interpreting his comments, just like I am?