Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arians on end to season: 'Nice that our fans are *'

SilentHill

4 minutes ago, Dustin said:

The Colts were picked by 7 of the 13 ESPN guys btw

The Bengals were picked by 6 of the 8 CBS guys. That's 12-9, Bengals.

Edit: Not that it matters. I just remember a lot of people picking the Bengals. Most of them probably did so before AJ Green was ruled out.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

I said many people expected the Colts to lose to the Bengals. I didn't say most. You said nobody did.

Being favored by just 4 points, at home, against a team you shut out earlier that season, with their #1 receiver questionable to play, is kind of an indication of popular opinion. Just four points at home, against Andy Dalton, possibly with no AJ Green? That's saying something.

And plenty of people, fans and media alike, picked the Bengals. http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/1/3/7480851/colts-bengals-2015-picks-predictions-nfl-playoffs-wild-card-round

Yes it's saying point spreads are historically closer in the playoffs, regardless of the quality of the teams playing. 

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

The Bengals were picked by 6 of the 8 CBS guys. That's 12-9, Bengals.

But did fans really believe the Colts were going to be beat by the Bengals? Did you?

I definitely did not; I fully expected them to win. As I think most Colts fans did. 

I didn't perceive the Colts as stumbling in to the playoffs and i wasn't just happy that they beat the Bengals; it was expected. Now them beating the Broncos was a WHOLE different story.

4 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

But did fans really believe the Colts were going to be beat by the Bengals? Did you?

I definitely did not; I fully expected them to win. As I think most Colts fans did. 

I didn't perceive the Colts as stumbling in to the playoffs and i wasn't just happy that they beat the Bengals; it was expected. Now them beating the Broncos was a WHOLE different story.

I expected the Colts to win. I didn't think that was the popular pick at the time, and maybe I was just paying too much attention to what the TV people were saying. I think there was a lot of angst here at the time.

I guess "stumbled into the playoffs" is overstating it. As Dustin said, they won 5 of their last 6. But they weren't playing that well. The offense was turning the ball over (nine TOs in those last six games), they were sloppy against the Texans with the division still on the line, they got smoked against the Cowboys in Week 16, they barely beat the Browns...

They certainly weren't being picked to go to the conference title game, and that's really what my point was. The rest of this has been a fun digression.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I expected us to beat the Bengals but I didn't the Broncos. When we beat the Broncos that was awesome! I was so hoping the Ravens would've beat the Pats and they could've but didn't. I knew going into Foxboro would be a nightmare.

I feel that that the Colts would have beaten the Ravens and gone on to the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

It's an achievement in the literal sense. As in something done successfully, but I agree that was nothing worth celebrating. I'll leave the moral victories to the bottom-feeder teams. 

Rightfully, the Colts will be mocked for years for their pathetic AFC participant banner. 

It's funny nobody noticed we did the same exact in 04.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

Yeah, lots of people were picking against the Colts. AJ Green wasn't ruled out until game time, so maybe that was part of it; he didn't play in the regular season game, either.

Not that it means anything; even successful professional bettors are wrong a lot. 

My personal favorite.

Looks like I'm too late to the party. I'll just leave a message in lipstick (borrowed from my spouse) on the mirror ...

If the ONLY thing that matters in the NFL are SB wins? Then throw every statistic out the window along with all personal & team accomplishments! Everything. From MVP right down to water boys.

Oh yeah, one more thing : C O N T E X T ! (it matters) :) 

12 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

We did? Did they take it down or something?

We have always hung Final 4 banners. Leave it to the New England media to make fun of it so it rolled from there. I only believe in hanging SB Title Banners and Conference Title wins unless something else factors in. It did, they cheated last season. They may have been better but they still cheated so I am proud of my 3 banners and stand by hanging one for last season's Final 4 because the team we played against cheated. I am even against hanging Division Title banners so for me to hang 1 Final 4 banner is saying something. Deflategate was a huge part of the NFL and it's not over yet by the way.

On February 3, 2016 at 1:08 PM, bababooey said:

It's easier if you live in Indiana vs. living around tons of Pats fans. I would not care if I was surrounded by Colts fans but the only fans I know are you guys and my dad, uncle, and grandpa.

I'm stuck right in the middle of Steeler & Eagle fans.

the steeler fans think their crap doesn't stink & the Eagle fans are too busy complaining and throwing batteries to notice the Horseshoe on my hat.

thank God for small miracles.

if i lived in Boston........... I"d move.