Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Arians on end to season: 'Nice that our fans are *'

SilentHill

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

First post:

"some here say they are happy when the colts just make the AFCCG or happy when we make the playoffs"

Who?

I'm not going to look back and find the posts, you prove to me that no one said that. and I'll apologize.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You are the one making the claim.   The burden of proof is on you

That's like me saying "Some Americans are slobs" and you saying which ones, and then ridiculing me for not giving you an example when you know there are slobs out there.

8 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Convenient of you leaving out the part where i stated that was my opinion, I'm starting to lose respect for you as a moderator for this community.

And what I said about Arians being happy his team made the championship game wasn't my opinion?

You: 'Arians isn't happy.'

Me: 'Of course he was happy.'

What's the difference? 

You're being rather petty in this thread, and it's laughable. Like or dislike me all you want, it doesn't change that you made this thread to take a shot at people on this forum, and then tried to dodge it when those people stood up for themselves. 

2 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

I'm not going to waste my time to prove it unless it's worth while, what do I get when I prove it?

Like I originally said, you're mischaracterizing the viewpoint of other posters, and now you're mad that other posters aren't going to take it. 

If you say that people are 'just happy to make the AFCCG or playoffs,' people are going to call you out on it, because it's really not true.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

And what I said about Arians being happy his team made the championship game wasn't my opinion?

What's the difference? 

You're being rather petty in this thread, and it's laughable. Like or dislike me all you want, it doesn't change that you made this thread to take a shot at people on this forum, and then tried to dodge it when those people stood up for themselves. 

I'm not dodging anything, I'm right here, sitting in my chair casually firing back at the incoming attacks.

It's Ironic that you think I'm being petty.

It's hard to decipher your opinions when you start stating them as facts, like your mischaracterization comment which has miraculously found itself on the bottom of your ammo pile.

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Like I originally said, you're mischaracterizing the viewpoint of other posters, and now you're mad that other posters aren't going to take it. 

If you say that people are 'just happy to make the AFCCG or playoffs,' people are going to call you out on it, because it's really not true.

Well those people must feel like I'm targeting them, because maybe what I said was true, or else why would they be up in arms?

I'm not dodging anything, I'm right here, sitting in my chair casually firing back at the incoming attacks.

It's Ironic that you think I'm being petty.

It's hard to decipher your opinions when you start stating them as facts, like your mischaracterization comment which has miraculously found itself on the bottom of your ammo pile.

My statement about how Arians feels wasn't presented anymore as fact than your statement about how Arians feels.

1 minute ago, SilentHill said:

Well those people must feel like I'm targeting them, because maybe what I said was true, or else why would they be up in arms?

Because it's NOT true, it's a mischaracterization. Most people defend themselves when they feel their comments are being taken out of context.

Who has ever said they're 'just happy that the Colts made the playoffs' or 'just happy the Colts made the AFCCG'? 

The truth is that you posted this to beat back the idea that it's okay to just make the playoffs or that it's okay to lose in the AFCCG. And even if there are a handful of people who think that -- I don't think anyone who is a Colts fan thinks that way -- it's definitely not a prevailing idea around here. 

You took comments from people who say that making the playoffs is an accomplishment, that making the AFCCG is an accomplishment, totally out of context, and misrepresented that viewpoint as being 'happy' with falling short of the ultimate goal of winning a SB. Of course fans here would take issue with your post.

22 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

That's like me saying "Some Americans are slobs" and you saying which ones, and then ridiculing me for not giving you an example when you know there are slobs out there.

Not at all similar.    I never heard or saw anyone that was happy we didn't make it to the Superbowl

Because it's NOT true, it's a mischaracterization. Most people defend themselves when they feel their comments are being taken out of context.

Who has ever said they're 'just happy that the Colts made the playoffs' or 'just happy the Colts made the AFCCG'? 

The truth is that you posted this to beat back the idea that it's okay to just make the playoffs or that it's okay to lose in the AFCCG. And even if there are a handful of people who think that -- I don't think anyone who is a Colts fan thinks that way -- it's definitely not a prevailing idea around here. 

You took comments from people who say that making the playoffs is an accomplishment, that making the AFCCG is an accomplishment, totally out of context, and misrepresented that viewpoint as being 'happy' with falling short of the ultimate goal of winning a SB. Of course fans here would take issue with your post.

Checkmate.

On 11/10/2015 at 0:29 PM, jet1968 said:

In reality I would be happy to just get into the playoffs. Thanks to being in the AFC South , it shouldn't be a concern.

Thread:

1 minute ago, SilentHill said:

Checkmate.

Thread:

Nonsense.    That was this year.   We were missing our qb.  I don't think anyone had any delusions we were going to the Superbowl this season.    You were talking about last year when we were in the AFCCG

Essentially, I think he is saying that there was no Super Bowl or bust mentality with Colts fans. After the AFCCG loss, many people were content with just reaching the game because they felt we were still in rebuild mode and that we were lucky to be there in such short amount of time; but with that being said, I'm pretty sure everyone was mad that the Colts lost and didn't make the  Super Bowl. 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Nonsense.    That was this year.   We were missing our qb.  I don't think anyone had any delusions we were going to the Superbowl this season.    You were talking about last year when we were in the AFCCG

Now you're splitting hairs.

1 minute ago, Tsarquise said:

Essentially, I think he is saying that there was no Super Bowl or bust mentality with Colts fans. After the AFCCG loss, many people were content with just reaching the game because they felt we were still in rebuild mode and that we were lucky to be there in such short amount of time; but with that being said, I'm pretty sure everyone was mad that the Colts lost and didn't make the  Super Bowl. 

It was disappointing we loss no doubt but we did get beat by a better team on the road. Had we been favored and loss I would've been mad that we lost then. After the DeflateGate stuff came out that made me mad though.

3 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Be careful, you might be asked to prove that and then be ridiculed if you decline.

I know I was upset that we didn't make the Super Bowl last year, but I realized that we had made progress each year. We went further in the playoffs each year; so that made it sting less.

Lol and we ended the Broncos season; that made things better too.

Yeah I thought it was a Very Good season, really Great because nobody thought we would beat Denver.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I thought it was a Very Good season, really Great because nobody thought we would beat Denver.

Yeah, me too... But I expected us to go to the Super Bowl this season, though. It's too bad this season was squandered, because we really could have, if Luck would have been healthy... No team was really all that great in the AFC.

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Can you quote the post where you were ridiculed? 

2 hours ago, Superman said:

What a drastic mischaracterization. 

41 minutes ago, Superman said:

What's the difference? 

This thread is so derailed you'd think Amtrack was running it. I started to post but now I have completely forgot what I was going to say because it has nothing to do with Colts fans not being angry enough when we lose. I'll just save my energy for a worthy thread. This one went down hill fast.

Yeah, me too... But I expected us to go to the Super Bowl this season, though. It's too thia season was squandered, because we really could have, if Luck would have been healthy... No team was really all that great in the AFC.

I think we will have a decent shot this upcoming season with a healthy Andrew but we have to do well in the Draft and maybe land a couple of good young Free Agents. This is a big offseason for Grigson. The Broncos will still be good next season but without Peyton much more beatable and the Patriots hopefully will continue to decline as Brady gets older but they are still really good.

17 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Be careful, you might be asked to prove that and then be ridiculed if you decline.

I think the problem they had is that you seemed to make it seem like ALL Colts fans had that view point. I have talked to plenty of Colts fans in person whom have expressed the sentiment that we just weren't good enough and didn't really expect us to beat New England...  I don't have definitive proof that that these people exist, but if memory serves me correct, there were...  Doesn't mean everyone felt that way, though

Can you even go back to year old threads? 

Sometimes, in this forum, people act as if we are talking about matters of science; it's just football, which has to with a lot of opinion.

But yeah, I bet Arians was doing a bit of coach speak, but also relating with fans, because they had every intention to be in the Super Bowl, just like the fans did. They still had a great season even with out Super Bowl win. 

To be fair, weren't the Cardinals a lot more dominant than the 2014 Colts? 

6 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I think the problem they had is that you seemed to make it seem like ALL Colts fans had that view point. I have talked to plenty of Colts fans in person whom have expressed the sentiment that we just weren't good enough and didn't really expect us to beat New England...  I don't have definitive proof that that these people exist, but if memory serves me correct, there were...  Doesn't mean everyone felt that way, though

Sometimes, in this forum, people act as if we are talking about matters of science; it's just football, which has to with a lot of opinion.

But yeah, I bet Arians was doing a bit of coach speak, but also relating with fans, because they had every intention to be in the Super Bowl, just like the fans did. They still had a great season even with out Super Bowl win. 

I thought we would make it back to the AFC Title Game but I have just never trutsed our Defense to be bold enough to pick us for the SB is why I went with Denver from the beginning. I didnt think the Pats would repeat and the Bengals always choke in the Playoffs so to me that left Denver. We need to add some Defensive players in this offseason to better our chances of reaching the SB.

11 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

Yea I understand, but that is why I said some, I didn't want to make it seem like it was everyone's opinion when I know it's a small minority. Everything else in your post is agreeable. Cardinals were for sure a lot more dominant.

52 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Checkmate.

Thread:

Context.

Thread says 'the 4-5 Colts are going to win out and be the #3 seed.' Poster says "In reality I would be happy to just get into the playoffs."

Is that poster saying he's happy with a playoff appearance, and is okay with not winning a Super Bowl? Was that even the topic at hand? No. That poster is saying 'I'm not worried about the #3 seed, I just want to see us get in.'

Nice try, though.

Context.

Thread says 'the 4-5 Colts are going to win out and be the #3 seed.' Poster says "In reality I would be happy to just get into the playoffs."

Is that poster saying he's happy with a playoff appearance, and is okay with not winning a Super Bowl? Was that even the topic at hand? No. That poster is saying 'I'm not worried about the #3 seed, I just want to see us get in.'

Nice try, though.

Dear god.... Now you're just grasping at straws.

54 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

I disagree with the use of the word "content." It means satisfied, pleased, fulfilled. The bolded is contrary to being "content." 

All Colts fans want the team to win Super Bowls, not get beat in the conference title game. No one is satisfied, pleased or fulfilled with a title game appearance. No one. We all want more.

A more appropriate expression would be to say that some fans recognized that making the AFCCG three years into a rebuild is a noteworthy accomplishment. It signals that you had a good year, just like Arians said about the Cardinals. It doesn't mean you're happy with the outcome.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I disagree with the use of the word "content." It means satisfied, pleased, fulfilled. The bolded is contrary to being "content." 

All Colts fans want the team to win Super Bowls, not get beat in the conference title game. No one is satisfied, pleased or fulfilled with a title game appearance. No one. We all want more.

A more appropriate expression would be to say that some fans recognized that making the AFCCG three years into a rebuild is a noteworthy accomplishment. It signals that you had a good year, just like Arians said about the Cardinals. It doesn't mean you're happy with the outcome.

Yeah, should not have used the word "content".

People weren't raging-mad or crying-sad because they didn't expect to win the Super Bowl.

They were disappointed, for sure, and would have liked for the Colts to have won the Super Bowl, but didn't expect them to, thus they had a glass half full outlook and appreciated what the Colts achieved.

Fair?

Just now, Tsarquise said:

Yeah, should not have used the word "content".

People weren't raging-mad or crying-sad because they didn't expect to win the Super Bowl.

They were disappointed, for sure, and would have liked for the Colts to have won the Super Bowl, but didn't expect them to, thus they had a glass half full outlook and appreciated what the Colts achieved.

Fair?

Yup. I totally understood what you're saying. I just think the word "content" is a buzz word in this topic, because it paints the picture of a fan base that doesn't care if their team doesn't win. And like I said, I know that's not what you're saying, despite how other's would interpret certain things.

When the team beat the Broncos in the divisional round, pretty much everyone was excited, happy to be in the AFCCG. A week later, pretty much everyone was disappointed with not making the Super Bowl. Same thing for the Cardinals this year. You make it a step further in the playoffs, you're excited; you lose in the title game, you're disappointed. That doesn't undo the accomplishment of making it there in the first place. 

You are just trying to take a post that states something very clearly and manipulate it into your favor. Sorry not going to happen. Everyone knows you are wrong.

What was that about you not putting words in other people's mouths?