Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts player visits

In keeping with tradition, when you hear/read that the Colts are visiting with or interviewing a player, post it here. I'll try to keep this updated.

Braxton Miller, Ohio State wide receiver, Senior Bowl

Alex Balducci, Oregon DL, Shrine Game

Leontee Carroo, Rutgers WR, Senior Bowl

Juston Burris, CB, NC State (EW)

Jamie Byrd, FS, South Florida (EW)

Parker Ehinger, G, Cincinnati (EW)

DeAndre Houston-Carson, FS, William & Mary (SR)

Dean Lowry, DE, Northwestern (EW)

Brandon Shell, OT, South Carolina (EW)

Joel Stave, QB, Wisconsin (EW)

Joe Thuney, G, NC State (EW)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

"Tell me about Taylor Decker"

Probably lol.

I remember an article last year that broke down different reasons teams interview with prospects, and one of the reasons were teams trying to inquire information about another team mate.

I'm hoping it was more like "Tell me about Adolphus Washington"

On 1/29/2016 at 3:32 PM, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Enough with the wide receivers already don't need one! 

I hate to think we wasted a 1st rounder on Dorsett... but if he is a bust.... I'm not sure WR isn't a pretty big need still.

We have TY, Moncrief, and Dorsett....  we have 2 3rd round picks at WR and Dorsett....

not that i like it, but I would not be completely shocked if we actually did go WR in the 1st again  :peek:

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

I hate to think we wasted a 1st rounder on Dorsett... but if he is a bust.... I'm not sure WR isn't a pretty big need still.

We have TY, Moncrief, and Dorsett....  we have 2 3rd round picks at WR and Dorsett....

not that i like it, but I would not be completely shocked if we actually did go WR in the 1st again  :peek:

Dorsett won't be a bust, but he may just end up as a really good 3rd string receiver who gets let go at the end of his rookie contract.

I don't think Grigs will go WR again. Even if the highest player on his board at 18 is a WR, I think he'll factor in lack of need and go to the next player.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

I wouldn't mind drafting a wr....just not in the first round. Im not real comfortable with our stable of WRs so heck yeah draft a wr in the 3rd or 4th round......

I think our receivers are just fine. Luck just needs the time to go through his progressions and find them. I would like to see Luck get with his receivers and practice timing patterns. And when that is done practice some more!

I think Dorset is a stud in the making and looking back it wasn't nearly as bad of a move to pick him as people made it out to be. We would likely be looking at WR as a big need this year if we didn't considering it looks like we are gonna release Dre.

But, I personally think Braxton Miller is gonna be a superstar so I wouldn't be shocked at all of we took him. I wouldn't necessarily be happy about it, but it wouldn't surprise me.

We have to get a very good OL this year, so that is what I am hoping for. I'm optimistic Monachino can coach up young LB's, so I feel a lot more comfortable waiting to take a pass rusher than a lineman.

Per WalterFootball, prospects the Colts met with prior to the Combine: http://walterfootball.com/ProspectMeetings/ByTeam

Alex Balducci, DT, Oregon (EW)

Juston Burris, CB, NC State (EW)

Jamie Byrd, FS, South Florida (EW)

Parker Ehinger, G, Cincinnati (EW)

DeAndre Houston-Carson, FS, William & Mary (SR)

Dean Lowry, DE, Northwestern (EW)

Brandon Shell, OT, South Carolina (EW)

Joel Stave, QB, Wisconsin (EW)

Joe Thuney, G, NC State (EW)

That's obviously not comprehensive.

On 2/2/2016 at 2:41 PM, Defjamz26 said:

Dorsett won't be a bust, but he may just end up as a really good 3rd string receiver who gets let go at the end of his rookie contract.

I don't think Grigs will go WR again. Even if the highest player on his board at 18 is a WR, I think he'll factor in lack of need and go to the next player.

If all he turns out to be is a good #3 then he's a bust.  We spent a first rounder on him!  Should at least be a high level #2.  

Correa looked very impressive in the agility drills.
 Definitely better than Bosa in space. And faster. Not the pass rusher Bosa should be.
 If he were there at 49 he would be worth it. He won`t be.

From the top list. Joe Thuney looked very good in the drills too.
 Very good footwork and balance.
 Barely 300lbs. But the guy has player/competitor written all over him.
 I wonder if he couldn`t be a center in a year or two?

25 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

If all he turns out to be is a good #3 then he's a bust.  We spent a first rounder on him!  Should at least be a high level #2.  

Oh I absolutely agree. I get he was BPA but I think that was Grigson's 3rd lesson learned in drafting: BPA, to a certain degree. I think now he realizes in a situation like that, it's probably best to trade down. 

On 2/2/2016 at 2:41 PM, Defjamz26 said:

I don't see him doing it this year, but you can never say never. Everyone told Matt Millen not to take another WR in the first after his multiple busts, and I'd he had listened, they would've never drafted Calvin Johnson. If you think he's your guy and will make your team better, you pull the trigger.

Not to say that I'm a pure BPA guy, because I wouldve taken Kendricks, but its just a different perspective.

8 minutes ago, SDakColts said:

Lasco is a underrated RB in the draft. Broncos and Colts met formally with him at the combine.

Read up on him. A worrisome injury history.
 To me, he looked Great all-around.
  He was extremely fluid, and looked strong and Fast!!
 And catching the ball and bursting, ___ Ya i want a guy like that on my team.

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Read up on him. A worrisome injury history.
 To me, he looked Great all-around.
  He was extremely fluid, and looked strong and Fast!!
 And catching the ball and bursting, ___ Ya i want a guy like that on my team.

He had a great combine. His vertical and broad jump shows just how explosive he really is. Like you said injuries are a concern, but he is going to be a later round pick so it is worth the risk IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some Draft prospects that have already been identified as being tied to the Colts. Of the players below whom would you like to see the Colts make a play at in the Draft?

Prospects associated with the Colts: 
» Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson: Pagano chats with corner at Clemson's pro day 
» Alex Balducci, DT, Oregon: Balducci spotted with Colts at Shrine Game 
» Lloyd Carrington, DB, Arizona State: Carrington spotted with Colts at Shrine Game 
» Roger Lewis, WR, Bowling Green: Colts WR coach attends at pro day 
» Luther Maddy, DT, Virginia Tech: Maddy spotted with Colts at Shrine Game 
» Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama: Ragland will work out for Colts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000644056/article/afc-south-draft-winds-rumors-connecting-players-nfl-teams

45 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I know I read an article somewhere stating the Colts really liked Andrew Billings....sorry no link...I think it came up on my bleacher report App though.

Billings is a freaking monster at NT i would not be upset if we got him. IMO i think he is the best NT in the entire draft. He has outrageous strength and closing speed for a guy his size. 

To tell the truth of it all, I wouldn't mind a bit if the Colts chose Billings. I prefer Ragland at LB as opposed to the NT position Billings. Ragland, IMO, has the capacity and tools to become a very good to great LB in the NFL. That's the target of any good defensive group; their LB corps. Always has been. 

So, the starting point begins there. Why would anyone be opposed to that?