Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets Players Rip 'lazy' Mark Sanchez, Want Peyton

-JJ-

Wow indeed.

That franchise is an incredible mess right now. I personally think this is a classic case of, "you reap what you sow." Rex Ryan has done nothing down in NY except speak his mind for the past three years, and his players follow suit. I actually like Rex and think he's a very good coach when it comes to Xs and Os, but in terms of managing all these personalities, this is quickly spiraling out of control on him.

Wow indeed.

That franchise is an incredible mess right now. I personally think this is a classic case of, "you reap what you sow." Rex Ryan has done nothing down in NY except speak his mind for the past three years, and his players follow suit. I actually like Rex and think he's a very good coach when it comes to Xs and Os, but in terms of managing all these personalities, this is quickly spiraling out of control on him.

Yeah....it often happens like this.

Similar to Bill Parcells in Dallas.... Rex is a very good but very vocal coach with a press conference highlight reel of his own who meteorically rises and then crashes just as fast after everyone gets tired of the shtick.

Unless you win a Super Bowl..... that crap gets old. Sanchez has hit his ceiling and young Shottenheimer got pushed out so this is going bad pretty fast.

Rex may WANT Peyton Manning.... but nothing in Peyton's wiring that we've seen tells me he'd want anything to do with that circus.

They can plead to have Manning all they want but they can't have him.

Its absurd to me that they even mention it because they have nothing the Colts want!

Mid round draft picks? Please, we would much rather have Manning and Luck. Its not the Colts responsibility or interest to provide the Jets its missing piece.

Wow indeed.

Very well said.

In my best Rex Ryan voice:

Crash and Burn Baby . . . Crash and Burn. :)

haha nicely done, CS!

Could be making more of it than is really there. The reports are from anonymous players. C'mon players... put your name on it if you're going to spout it. Nick Mangold has has come out publicly to dispute it and questions motives of the unnamed.

http://www.nj.com/je...eaks_up_in.html

No matter what, Sanchez had been in the last 2 AFC Championship games before this year.

Could be making more of it than is really there. The reports are from anonymous players. C'mon players... put your name on it if you're going to spout it. Nick Mangold has has come out publicly to dispute it and questions motives of the unnamed.

No matter what, Sanchez had been in the last 2 AFC Championship games before this year.

Let me word that better for you. The Jets have won a game in the divisional round twice.

Sanchez has been there for the ride, his play didn't really help them get there

Nick Mangold is probably the anonymous player. That'd be hilarious.

What it comes down to is that the way Rex has chosen to lead and encourage his players to act works when you win. But when you lose, spit hits the fan because you have all these personalities who have been told all year that they were better than they were and now they're scrambling to explain how its possible that they actually werent.

The only difference between these Jets and the ones we saw the last few years that made it to the AFCCG was that they didnt pull out those giftwrapped close wins this year like they used to. With exception of the week 1 'Romo doesnt want to win, here you go Jets' game, the Jets were their standard 'anywhere between 7-9, 10-6 good but not great' team this year...same as they were the last few.

Wow indeed.

Its tough playing for the Jets..you lose and your friends turn on you...

....But you are 100% right...This is the tone Rex set..

Talk trash..whine....even when you lose......that's how men are!

i knew this day would come...

i mean its New York, what do you expect? They do not have the patience to see a young quarterback develop. The quarterback has to be a young miracle maker in New York...

Regardless, he took them to the AFC Championship TWICE!

Rex Ryan first mistake was drafting Mark Sanchez with a first round pick. He built a pretty good team in NY but him hanging onto Mark Sanchez killed that team. Rex should have been looking for a replacement and should have gotten someone from last year's draft. I know he will be looking for a QB in this draft.

What it comes down to is that the way Rex has chosen to lead and encourage his players to act works when you win. But when you lose, spit hits the fan because you have all these personalities who have been told all year that they were better than they were and now they're scrambling to explain how its possible that they actually werent.

The only difference between these Jets and the ones we saw the last few years that made it to the AFCCG was that they didnt pull out those giftwrapped close wins this year like they used to. With exception of the week 1 'Romo doesnt want to win, here you go Jets' game, the Jets were their standard 'anywhere between 7-9, 10-6 good but not great' team this year...same as they were the last few.

agreed 100% . . . many forget that the Jets were 7-7 late in 2009 and then had two preseason games at the end of the year which they needed to win both . . .so in "reality" they were 500 in 2009 and maybe should not have made the playoffs . . . and last year had more than a few games in which the other team pulled a Romo, the houston game comes to memory from last year . . . .

yes the Jet did make well of their two opportunities in the playoffs . . . but had they had to play two teams in the end of 2009 who had to win, perhaps they dont' make the playoffs and last year a few of those mentioned games go the other way, they are on the bubble . . . either way the jets are close to only having made the playoff once in the last three years . . .maybe they will bounce back next year, we will see . . .

but D13, I think you are right when you have a bunch of players like the jets have, everything is great when u are winning and all a buddies and we are the best, but once the losing starts it is every man for himself . . . .

• 2 weeks later...