Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LeGarrette Blount Out For Rest Of Season

krunk

I've never seen a defending SB Champion lose so many veteran game changers in mid December & still make it to the SB. I will never count the Patriots out, but their Lombardi climb back to the top just went from difficult to rocky road real quick. 

Like krunk said though, with no Blunt Force Trauma this year, opponents have a sliver of hope. 

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Meh, a decent RB, nothing more.

He has not even been that this year. He has been dancing at the line and slower than last year. It was telling that in the last 4 games, the Pats did not hand it to him inside the 5. They gave it to White. His loss is not nearly as big of a deal as the media will make it out to be but right now the Pats need warm bodies. The injury bug has been severe this season.

40 minutes ago, amfootball said:

He has not even been that this year. He has been dancing at the line and slower than last year. It was telling that in the last 4 games, the Pats did not hand it to him inside the 5. They gave it to White. His loss is not nearly as big of a deal as the media will make it out to be but right now the Pats need warm bodies. The injury bug has been severe this season.

Severe? lol please.

I can tell you 5 teams who have had it worse and not even break a sweat.

Steelers, Colts, Cowboys, Vikings, Eagles, Broncos, Chargers, Ravens, Bengals...

1 hour ago, Surge89 said:

Severe? lol please.

Steelers, Colts, Cowboys, Vikings, Eagles, Broncos, Chargers, Ravens, Bengals...

I never said Pats had it worse than other teams. But they have been hit hard by injury bug.

41 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Patriots are apparently working out Steven Jackson, I heard on Mike and Mike. The interest is mutual there.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/2015/12/16/patriots-are-reportedly-interested-steven-jackson/N8pDCnOzGzwXhXTbqSLUiL/story.html

Geez.   Wasn't Gale sayers availible?   Jackson looked spent last year

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Patriots are apparently working out Steven Jackson, I heard on Mike and Mike. The interest is mutual there.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/2015/12/16/patriots-are-reportedly-interested-steven-jackson/N8pDCnOzGzwXhXTbqSLUiL/story.html

I would hope the interest is mutual. Not exactly like he's in the position to be rejecting offers. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Is that the guy that was a 1sr rnd a few years back the Rams drafted?  If so I was disappointed NE passed on him.

2 hours ago, amfootball said:

Depends on what defense we're playing. He was pretty good in the Texan game and it all comes down to the oline anyway.

13 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

Depends on what defense we're playing. He was pretty good in the Texan game and it all comes down to the oline anyway.

He has been below average all year for us IMO. I know much of that is the poor Oline but he has lost his burst and is indecisive t the line of scrimmage. I was impressed with how Bolden was able to get outside. That has been missing from the run game.

3 hours ago, -JJ- said:

That seems to be true for Blount period.  He's more of a match up beast depending on who the team is.  He's a beast against the Colts, but other games I watch he looks kind of so so.  Really depends on the game with him.

20 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

Yup. I read somewhere that the Pats had their sights on Jackson until Big Vince fell in their laps.

ah ok..Vince was better.

Ironically the Colts passed on Wilfork just one above us. tsk tsk  :)

3 hours ago, krunk said:

That seems to be true for Blount period.  He's more of a match up beast depending on who the team is.  He's a beast against the Colts, but other games I watch he looks kind of so so.  Really depends on the game with him.

yep- he's no Barry Sanders for sure but against certain teams that head of steam is fun to watch. He can push the line for those extra yards when he does get going.

1 hour ago, ColtsBTM12 said:

The only team I see challenging them is maybe the Steelers. 

If Kansas City gets in and gets to face them they have a chance as well.  Remember they blew out the Pats last year and won't be intimidated against them.  They would have a shot to upset them.

Denver could take them if they played again at Mile High but that's looking less likely now.  I don't know...just have a feeling that NE gets taken down in the playoffs at some point.  Don't think they are getting back to the Bowl this year.

16 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

If Kansas City gets in and gets to face them they have a chance as well.  Remember they blew out the Pats last year and won't be intimidated against them.  They would have a shot to upset them.

Denver could take them if they played again at Mile High but that's looking less likely now.  I don't know...just have a feeling that NE gets taken down in the playoffs at some point.  Don't think they are getting back to the Bowl this year.

I think they'll get back but lose to the Cardinals

2 minutes ago, ColtsBTM12 said:

I think they'll get back but lose to the Cardinals

I agree C12. Not on the loss, but I'd love to see a NE vs AZ SB in San Fran. That game would come down to the final possession too. 

I don't really wanna see Seattle again, but the Cardinals vs either the Patriots or the Steelers intrigues me man. 

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

I agree C12. Not on the loss, but I'd love to see a NE vs AZ SB in San Fran. That game would come down to the final possession too. 

I don't really wanna see Seattle again, but the Cardinals vs either the Patriots or the Steelers intrigues me man. 

that could be a whale of a game.

18 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

that could be a whale of a game.

Yes, it would JJ. Chandler Jones vs Carson Palmer. Tom Brady vs Calias Campbell. Gronk vs the honey badger.

Patrick Peterson vs Julian Edelman. Malcolm Butler vs Larry Fitzgerald. A game for the ages JJ. Make it happen.

Plus, both Arians & Belichick are gutsy as hades. Never taking their foot off the accelerator. 

35 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

I'd still like to get 75 yards running...just to keep em' honest :)

Good point. With no reliable ground threat, the Pats play action threat disappears or it leads to more coverage sacks since no TEs or WRs are open deep downfield. 

But, I will admit RBs White & Bolden have good hands catching the ball on short screens which can substitute for a ground game. Andy Reid did this for over a decade in Philly & it works well with the right backs & huge y-a-cs after a completion.

As much as it pains me to say this, WR Danny Amendola can be the slot guy, the deep guy in the end zone, & he's had some nice special teams returns too. There was a time when I thought Bill would cut him. Not anymore. He's too valuable like a Foxboro swiss army knife now. He's really impressed me. 

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

I agree with most of your Posts but I am sorry I don't want to see the Patriots anywhere the SB. I honestly hated last years SB because I don't like Seattle or NE. No matter the outcome I was screwed either way haha and would not even enjoyed Seattle winning. I want to see new teams in it like Cards or Panthers or the Broncos or Bengals if Indy truly is out of it. Broncos were just in it 2 years ago I get that but they have been in only one prior to that since 1998. I am Sick of the Patriots personally, I respect them for being great but just sick of them winning all the time.

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree with most of your Posts but I am sorry I don't want to see the Patriots anywhere the SB. I honestly hated last years SB because I don't like Seattle or NE. No matter the outcome I was screwed either way haha and would not even enjoyed Seattle winning. I want to see new teams in it like Cards or Panthers or the Broncos or Bengals if Indy truly is out of it. Broncos were just in it 2 years ago I get that but they have been in only one prior to that since 1998. I am Sick of the Patriots personally, I respect them for being great but just sick of them winning all the time.

Yeah, I understand the collective weariness of the Patriots winning all the time. It's a normal & natural reaction after a team has dominated the AFC since 2001 pretty much & there is a luxury in seeing 2 teams who don't usually play in a SB compete for a Lombardi trophy. 

You have to admit though that NE's winning percentage after their injuries this year is incredible though. The Broncos do have a stout defense, but Brock Osweiler is not taking Denver to a SB this year though & the Bengals have all the right pieces on both sides of the ball, but even before Dalton got hurt Andy doesn't scare me man. Now, slide Philip Rivers into that QB spot & this team is extremely dangerous now. But Dalton or his backup doesn't frighten me at all. 

Seeing the Panthers go to a SB with Cam Newton would be cool. I'm with ya on that one CBE. 

7 hours ago, BOTT said:

They traded down and picked up Bob sanders.......could have been worse.

ah- thanks. I know the colts had the 21st rnd and NE the 22nd. Vince was available at 21.

BB's eyes must have popped out seeing him still there at 21.

I was looking forward to seeing him do what he did with the Miami Hurricanes - big and fast at getting to the QB. But at the time NE was going 3-4 and wanted him as a plug in the middle. It actually took him a couple years to adjust to that.

1 hour ago, -JJ- said:

ah- thanks. I know the colts had the 21st rnd and NE the 22nd. Vince was available at 21.

BB's eyes must have popped out seeing him still there at 21.

I was looking forward to seeing him do what he did with the Miami Hurricanes - big and fast at getting to the QB. But at the time NE was going 3-4 and wanted him as a plug in the middle. It actually took him a couple years to adjust to that.

Honestly, I almost puked when the Colts passed on him.  He was exactly what the Colts defense needed. I loved Bob, but a stud in the middle of that defense would have been a game changer. Oh well.....

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2015 at 10:21 AM, Surge89 said:

Severe? lol please.

Umm..... Colts, Cowboys, Eagles, Chargers and Ravens have all been terrible though. Bengals had hardly any injuries until 2 weeks ago. Patriots have lost Lewis, Solder, Blount, Easley, Flowers and Dobson to injured reserve, Le Fell, Stork and Edelman to injured reserve designated to return and have had significant injuries to Gronkowski, Amendola, Collins, Sheard and Hightower. All were starters except Flowers, Dobson and Sheard. And they're currently number 1 seed! Credit where it's due...