Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Back in 1st baby!

imacoltfan

What unfolded in Houston tonight was pretty strange.  Texans playing good defense but Brady and Gronk and Amendola & Blount and anybody they insert for injured players just overpower anything you try to do.  Also, unbelievable defense by the Pats with great coaching all around.  Patriots made the Texans forget how well they have been playing of late.  It just all goes away when you play the Patriots.  So next week it's back to mediocre vs. mediocre and we'll see who is the "mediocre-ist" and who is less than mediocre.  With Luck and a few other players back in the line-up, we might just be pretty good.  I believe I might have heard one of the players say they were "getting back to it tomorrow" ?? (Fleener) Wow, they are practicing on a Monday!!! Uncanny coaching effort.

YAY!!! We suck, but we're still on top of the worst division in football.  I'll sleep better tonight with that knowledge.....wait....no I won't.  In the morning, when I wake up, the Colts will still suck.

I have to fly tomorrow, I'll try to find a new coach and GM in the back of the jet for us.  Santa probably has something back there we can use.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

IF he's back.  I saw some where today that it's about 50/50 he'll be back this week and that week 16 is more realistic. 

Yea I think our owner has better insight then some crack pot blogger living in his mom's basement

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

Yea I think our owner has better insight then some crack pot blogger living in his mom's basement

Yeah this was on ESPN and Kravitz said it later in the day so no it wasn't some crack pot blogger living in his mom's basement.  Also Irsay is the same person who said if Manning was healthy he would be the Colts QB in 2012 during the 2011 season.  So this wouldn't be the first time Irsay said something that didn't happen.  It doesn't mean Luck wont play.  It just means he's not a sure thing. 

7 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah this was on ESPN and Kravitz said it later in the day so no it wasn't some crack pot blogger living in his mom's basement.  Also Irsay is the same person who said if Manning was healthy he would be the Colts QB in 2012 during the 2011 season.  So this wouldn't be the first time Irsay said something that didn't happen.  It doesn't mean Luck wont play.  It just means he's not a sure thing. 

link? It's do or die time. If the colts want any chance of making the playoffs, we need luck for this game

33 minutes ago, CR91 said:

link? It's do or die time. If the colts want any chance of making the playoffs, we need luck for this game

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Injuries-To-Andrew-Luck-Matt-Hasselbeck-Complicate-Availability-For-Colts-Quarterbacks/35eafdf8-7c3f-45b7-ab51-e0db64b57ba4

thats off the Colts own page.

the ESPN things was on their pre-game show.  Kravitz was on WTHR.  

However here is his post game column where he mentions Pagano saying he has no idea if Luck will be able to play Sunday. Straight from the head coaches mouth is a little more reliable than some blogger who lives in his parents basement.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30736471/kravitz-with-all-the-colts-chips-on-the-table-they-go-bust-and-splat

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/15068/colts-qb-andrew-luck-is-up-to-running-sprints-during-his-rehabilitation

thats from Wells this week, note he says in there Irsay said Luck COULD return week 15, not that he will.  More importantly Wells mentions there is no time table yet and it's day-to-day.  This is a fluid situation that can change in either direction quickly depending on how Luck is healing.  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/06/irsay-colts-targeting-week-15-return-for-luck/

That one has quotes from Irsay where he says they are targeting week 15 but it could be week 16. 

They need Andrew Luck but if he's not healthy he's not playing no matter how badly you, I, and yes even Andrew Luck wants to play.  

None of this means he won't play it just means he's not a lock to play.  

If Luck is going to return this is the week. It's do or die. Makes more sense for him to return for this game then a road game in Miami or what could even potentially be a meaningless finale at home vs. TN.

Have a feeling by Sunday that Luck will be ready to go. I am not certain he will be 100% but I think Irsay and company will do what they can to get the division title again this year. I also think Luck may push himself. Besides, most players at this point in the season are not 100% nor will be anyway.

I expect smoke screens all week though and to make the Texans guess.

19 minutes ago, Jules said:

If Luck is going to return this is the week. It's do or die. Makes more sense for him to return for this game then a road game in Miami or what could even potentially be a meaningless finale at home vs. TN.

Have a feeling by Sunday that Luck will be ready to go. I am not certain he will be 100% but I think Irsay and company will do what they can to get the division title again this year. I also think Luck may push himself. Besides, most players at this point in the season are not 100% nor will be anyway.

I expect smoke screens all week though and to make the Texans guess.

I think Luck will do everything he can to play and hopefully he does but if his body doesn't respond then it doesn't respond.  I think we all know this isn't the kind of injury you can rub some dirt on and everything will be ok.  You have to be careful with it.  Still I fully expect Luck to do everything he can to play.

i am sure the Colts will try to send smoke screens but depending on Matts health I am not sure how effective they will be.  If Matt is a no go the Texans are going to prep for Luck because clip board Jesus doesn't scare anyone right now other than Colts fans.

5 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Doesn't matter who plays QB next week this team is so bad even they will destroy us.

This is the same Texans team Hasselbeck beat crawling off his sick bed earlier this season on the road.  It's not impossible to see a rusty Luck or dinged up Haselbeck winning this game at home.

2 hours ago, sfergson727 said:

YAY!!! We suck, but we're still on top of the worst division in football.  I'll sleep better tonight with that knowledge.....wait....no I won't.  In the morning, when I wake up, the Colts will still suck.

I have to fly tomorrow, I'll try to find a new coach and GM in the back of the jet for us.  Santa probably has something back there we can use.

haha

3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Injuries-To-Andrew-Luck-Matt-Hasselbeck-Complicate-Availability-For-Colts-Quarterbacks/35eafdf8-7c3f-45b7-ab51-e0db64b57ba4

thats off the Colts own page.

the ESPN things was on their pre-game show.  Kravitz was on WTHR.  

However here is his post game column where he mentions Pagano saying he has no idea if Luck will be able to play Sunday. Straight from the head coaches mouth is a little more reliable than some blogger who lives in his parents basement.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30736471/kravitz-with-all-the-colts-chips-on-the-table-they-go-bust-and-splat

http://espn.go.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/15068/colts-qb-andrew-luck-is-up-to-running-sprints-during-his-rehabilitation

thats from Wells this week, note he says in there Irsay said Luck COULD return week 15, not that he will.  More importantly Wells mentions there is no time table yet and it's day-to-day.  This is a fluid situation that can change in either direction quickly depending on how Luck is healing.  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/06/irsay-colts-targeting-week-15-return-for-luck/

That one has quotes from Irsay where he says they are targeting week 15 but it could be week 16. 

They need Andrew Luck but if he's not healthy he's not playing no matter how badly you, I, and yes even Andrew Luck wants to play.  

None of this means he won't play it just means he's not a lock to play.  

You said it yourself none of this means he could not return. Guess we'll have a better understanding come Wednesday

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not sure Irsay lied there......how healthy was Manning?  Sure, he looked good at the time....  but what was Irsay privy to concerning his long-term outlook?

3 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Not sure Irsay lied there......how healthy was Manning?  Sure, he looked good at the time....  but what was Irsay privy to concerning his long-term outlook?

Look at Manning's 2012 season he was healthy.  Don't get wrong Irsay was right to go with Luck but make no mistake Irsay isn't above being less than 100% honest too.  

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

This is the same Texans team Hasselbeck beat crawling off his sick bed earlier this season on the road.  It's not impossible to see a rusty Luck or dinged up Haselbeck winning this game at home.

I don't trust Hasslebeck with much of anything right now.  I want to keep hope he'll be able to play if Luck isn't, but he looks like he has hit his plateau under the circumstances.  The injuries just make it even worse.  As optimistic as I am I have a hard time thinking we even have a chance if Whitehurst has to quarterback a whole football game.  Houston will probably have a whole different game plan for Hasslebeck this time around.

16 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't trust Hasslebeck with much of anything right now.  I want to keep hope he'll be able to play if Luck isn't, but he looks like he has hit his plateau under the circumstances.  The injuries just make it even worse.  As optimistic as I am I have a hard time thinking we even have a chance if Whitehurst has to quarterback a whole football game.  Houston will probably have a whole different game plan for Hasslebeck this time around.

I honestly think there is a better chance Andrew plays than Matt based on how things went yesterday after the game.  It wouldn't shock me to hear Matt is going on IR this week.  

My only point was that people are acting like it's nearly impossible for the Colts to some how beat the Texans this week. They aren't the Pats, they are a 6-7 team who has lost two games in a row and are also beat up and could very well be without Hoyer on Sunday and more importantly the same team the Colts already beat earlier this year on the road with a backup QB who was extremely sick at the time.  It wouldn't be impossible for the Colts to win Sunday as long as one of the two QBs on the roster who isn't clipboard Jesus starts.

25 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I honestly think there is a better chance Andrew plays than Matt based on how things went yesterday after the game.  It wouldn't shock me to hear Matt is going on IR this week.  

My only point was that people are acting like it's nearly impossible for the Colts to some how beat the Texans this week. They aren't the Pats, they are a 6-7 team who has lost two games in a row and are also beat up and could very well be without Hoyer on Sunday and more importantly the same team the Colts already beat earlier this year on the road with a backup QB who was extremely sick at the time.  It wouldn't be impossible for the Colts to win Sunday as long as one of the two QBs on the roster who isn't clipboard Jesus starts.

Overall I agree, although I will say the offense is in a different place right now than it was in that Texans game.  The production has gone way into the toilet.  Matt is injured and showing his age, and to be honest with you even Gore is playing like an old player who has tried to carry too much of a load with no help.  I can't quite figure out why Chud isn't evening the work load up much other than on 3rd downs.  At least when Pep made valid attempts to run he used Bradshaw and Richardson in even fashion for the most part. And don't get me wrong I like Chud, but I don't understand why he barely runs the other backs. Their biggest use is largely on third down passing plays.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

The bolded is also true of the Colts. The same reason you're down on the Texans winning is the same reason most fans are down on the Colts winning.

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

The bolded is also true of the Colts. The same reason you're down on the Texans winning is the same reason most fans are down on the Colts winning.

I know the Colts have but the Texans are pretty much in the same spot as the Colts right now.  I am not so much high on the Colts because of it as I am saying the Texans aren't this unbeatable monster they are being made out to be.  This is two struggling football teams that are going to play on Sunday.  The Colts have just as good of chance as the Texans as figuring out how to win Sunday, even better if Luck comes back.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I know the Colts have but the Texans are pretty much in the same spot as the Colts right now.  I am not so much high on the Colts because of it as I am saying the Texans aren't this unbeatable monster they are being made out to be.  This is two struggling football teams that are going to play on Sunday.  The Colts have just as good of chance as the Texans as figuring out how to win Sunday, even better if Luck comes back.

It's a 50/50 game if you ask me. Even if Luck is back, I think the odds are the same. He never balls out on the Texans like he does the Jags and Titans. Texans always play us close.

I'm not predicting we'll lose, but even if Luck is back it's anyone's game.