Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Back in 1st baby!

imacoltfan

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

It's a 50/50 game if you ask me. Even if Luck is back, I think the odds are the same. He never balls out on the Texans like he does the Jags and Titans. Texans always play us close.

I'm not predicting we'll lose, but even if Luck is back it's anyone's game.

If Andrew plays we will win. If we don't everyone can say I am full of it. I have supreme confidence he will turn this crap around.

Teams that have been .500 or below as division winners are 4-0 in the wild card game.

2008 Chargers were 8-8 and beat the Colts

2010 Seahawks were 7-9 and beat the Saints

2011 Broncos were 8-8 with Tebow and beat the Steelers

2014 Panthers were 6-10 and beat the Cardinals

Just saying. It ain't over till it is over. However, the game vs the Texans is for all the marbles in the division.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Teams that have been .500 or below as division winners are 4-0 in the wild card game.

Just saying. It ain't over till it is over. However, the game vs the Texans is for all the marbles in the division.

Yes it is. This is a Playoff game

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

In the playoffs, team records don't matter. Everyone's record becomes 0-0. It's basically a new season. There's always a chance to win. "That's why we play the game!"

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes it is. This is a Playoff game

Question is, how bad do the Colts want this? With or without Luck. Totally obvious yesterday that some of the players resigned to the fact it was over. I hate that garbage. Let's see what kind of mojo mentality shows up this week. And, you're correct 06CBE. It is a Playoff game. 

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Andrew plays we will win. If we don't everyone can say I am full of it. I have supreme confidence he will turn this crap around.

And there's the rub. This team has to buy into & resign itself to that mentality. A defeatist attitude breed losses. It's that simple. The Captain of any ship usually rights it. Whether it's this week or next, we need Andrew to take over the helm & start turning that daggone wheel. It all starts and ends with him and how the Colts respond to that turn.

20 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah this was on ESPN and Kravitz said it later in the day so no it wasn't some crack pot blogger living in his mom's basement.  Also Irsay is the same person who said if Manning was healthy he would be the Colts QB in 2012 during the 2011 season.  So this wouldn't be the first time Irsay said something that didn't happen.  It doesn't mean Luck wont play.  It just means he's not a sure thing. 

Not the same situation at all. Irsay had to make a decision on Manning in March of 2012 - well before anyone knew if he'd ever play again. With Manning not even able to throw and Luck there with the 1st pick, it was the right call.  Maybe Irsay did say if Manning were healthy he'd be the Colts QB, but Manning wasn't healthy at the time the decision had to be made. 

2 hours ago, deedub75 said:

Not the same situation at all. Irsay had to make a decision on Manning in March of 2012 - well before anyone knew if he'd ever play again. With Manning not even able to throw and Luck there with the 1st pick, it was the right call.  Maybe Irsay did say if Manning were healthy he'd be the Colts QB, but Manning wasn't healthy at the time the decision had to be made. 

No were did it wasn't the right call.  That wasn't my point and in fact in another post in this thread said the Colts made the right call.  The point I was making was that Irsay isn't above being less than 100% honest with the media.

Now with that said that said after I uncovered the quotes Irsay said Luck COULD play this week.  People ran with it and over looked that word and said Luck will be back week 15.  

Luck still might end up back this week but it's not looking like it right now.

14 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

It's a 50/50 game if you ask me. Even if Luck is back, I think the odds are the same. He never balls out on the Texans like he does the Jags and Titans. Texans always play us close.

I'm not predicting we'll lose, but even if Luck is back it's anyone's game.

Luck has only lost to the Texans one time, if that's "never balling out" then I'm scared for the Texans lol