Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We are rooting for the Patriots this week

Jules

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

The link in my previous post. It's a 6 minute video of Bill Belichick breaking down game tape of JJ Watt and the Texans defense.

Yeah, I just watched it (most of it, pressed for time today).  They said more than once how difficult he is to plan for - and Watt's numbers bear that out. 

1 hour ago, Flying Elvis said:

Watt isn't hobbled, he just has a boo-boo. It's going to take more than that to slow him down. He has Belichick concerned, http://www.patriots.com/video/2015/12/11/belichick-breakdown-previewing-jj-watt-and-texans

Seeing Gronk and Incredelman on the practice field is encouraging. I still doubt Gronk plays but if he does it shows you the importance of this game.

ESPN lists Edelman as out this Sunday night.

3 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

Yeah, I don't really expect him to play anytime soon. The initial thought was he would be out until the playoffs. Now it appears it could be sooner.

Well FE, if he's practicing as the reports have stated then that's an obvious good sign for the Pats. Having him back is so essential for you guys IMO, especially going into the Playoffs. Brady's go to guy, no doubt. That's big for Brady & the rest of the offense.

Isn't the game ultimately irrelevant to the Colts playoff berth as long as the Colts win the rest of their games? Or just the rest of their division games (don't have the standings in front of me). If they win the rest of their games, a Texans win would actually better in hindsight.

4 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Isn't the game ultimately irrelevant to the Colts playoff berth as long as the Colts win the rest of their games? Or just the rest of their division games (don't have the standings in front of me). If they win the rest of their games, a Texans win would actually better in hindsight.

I am not putting my faith in the Colts winning all their games just yet. Not with lacerated kidneys, embarrassing trick punt whatever they were doing formations that don't work on primetime and general unease.

With that being said, I still want to win the division and see where the chips fall later with a healthy Luck and have a cushion on the side. That cushion being Houston hopefully losing to help us continue our funky ways for everyone to enjoy.

So one more time before SNF.......come on Pats troops!!!!!

tumblr_mxhx7soDXk1qclcbeo1_500.png

7 hours ago, Jules said:

I am not putting my faith in the Colts winning all their games just yet. Not with lacerated kidneys, embarrassing trick punt whatever they were doing formations that don't work on primetime and general unease.

With that being said, I still want to win the division and see where the chips fall later with a healthy Luck and have a cushion on the side. That cushion being Houston hopefully losing to help us continue our funky ways for everyone to enjoy.

So one more time before SNF.......come on Pats troops!!!!!

tumblr_mxhx7soDXk1qclcbeo1_500.png

I agree for the most part. Rooting for the Pats to win makes me sick and with me it is just wanting the Texans to lose. I love the faith many have in here thinking we will just win out and it doesn't matter what the Texans do, etc.. Because of Andrew being out and who knows when he will be back I want all the help necessary to get us in the Playoffs. I don't trust our team running no table with Andrew's status up in the air and I think that is why I am thinking like I am. I want to clinch this by next week preferably instead of being a freakin nervous wreck for the next 4 weeks.

On 12/8/2015 at 8:14 PM, Jules said:

Yes it is true. Pats beating Houston is what we want.

So for this week I wish the Patriots great health and great luck on both sides of the ball!!!!

Well you can speak for yourself as to rooting for the Patriots   .:thmdown:   Not happening in this house. :console:

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree for the most part. Rooting for the Pats to win makes me sick and with me it is just wanting the Texans to lose. I love the faith many have in here thinking we will just win out and it doesn't matter what the Texans do, etc.. Because of Andrew being out and who knows when he will be back I want all the help necessary to get us in the Playoffs. I don't trust our team running no table with Andrew's status up in the air and I think that is why I am thinking like I am. I want to clinch this by next week preferably instead of being a freakin nervous wreck for the next 4 weeks.

I don't get how any Colts fan can root for the Pats, especially after what happened following the AFCCG. (You were not here in February/March.)

I am in the same position as Colts fans. The team I have disliked the most during my football fandom has been the Cowboys who play my team's biggest rival today (the Packers). I am not rooting for Dallas to beat GB. I won't be upset if GB lost but there is no way I would root for Dallas. A tie would be ideal. And as others have pointed out , if your team or my team does not win out, then they only have themselves to blame. I don't like depending on others to help us make the playoffs.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't get how any Colts fan can root for the Pats, especially after what happened following the AFCCG. (You were not here in February/March.)

I am in the same position as Colts fans. The team I have disliked the most during my football fandom has been the Cowboys who play my team's biggest rival today (the Packers). I am not rooting for Dallas to beat GB. I won't be upset if GB lost but there is no way I would root for Dallas. A tie would be ideal. And as others have pointed out , if your team or my team does not win out, then they only have themselves to blame. I don't like depending on others to help us make the playoffs.

I hate the Pats, HATE is a strong word and I rarely use it with anything LOL but I am also looking out for my Colts best interest. I am good either way in this one. If the Pats lose it will of course make my week. When the Pats lost to the Giants in those SB's I celebrated like Indy won another SB. A Pats loss also helps Denver and I picked Denver to win the SB. I am not rooting for the Pats, never will but a Texans loss helps the Colts.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hate the Pats, HATE is a strong word and I rarely use it with anything LOL but I am also looking out for my Colts best interest. I am good either way in this one. If the Pats lose it will of course make my week. When the Pats lost to the Giants in those SB's I celebrated like Indy won another SB. A Pats loss also helps Denver and I picked Denver to win the SB. I am not rooting for the Pats, never will but a Texans loss helps the Colts.

haha Oh, I am sure you want the Pats to lose too. I am hoping to change your rooting interests. :)

I think the Colts could win out and therefore the outcome of the Pats-Texans game will not affect their playoff chances. Overall, a Pats loss works best for every team's interests except the Pats'. I would prefer Denver and Cincy to have the byes and HFA. That would minimize any equipment malfunctions and other such things that can impact the game. :P

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2015 at 2:21 PM, Superman said:

What you're posting makes no sense = trash.

The Colts are in control of their own playoff hopes. If they go 3-1, they make the playoffs, as long as they don't lose to the Texans. Once again, THEY DON'T NEED THE PATRIOTS TO BEAT THE TEXANS.

The Colts need to play much better down the stretch for the playoffs to even matter. Winning out is best case scenario, and short of that, there isn't much hope anyways.

To the bolded, what Colts fans want to see the team finish 3-1 and miss the playoffs? More trash.

You call my post names all you want, but that does not change the reality of the situation.  Certainly, you are entitled to your opinion, as others are on both sides of the rooting idle, and no there is no true right or wrong answer just a balancing of the percentages against a moral vicory.   As such, my post is not trash it just happens not to agreed with your opinion on the matter.

The reality of the situation is as I posted in my original post in thread to you and others.  Surely there is a moral victory for the colts fans if the pats loose, no argument there, but as the colts can not catch the pats for playoff seeding, there this ZERO practical value for a Texans victory with respect to the colts.   But there is a NEGATIVE practical value for a Pats loss as it relates to the colts playoff changes. 

As such, some of us can not understand, why this late in the season, folks would want to go for a moral victory that only has a negative and no positive practical value.  Its not like its week 1 and you want to see the Texans beat the pats as both the pats and colts are 0-0 and you would get a 1-0 Texans and 0-1 Pats and true one would lose as the Texans have a win, but the Pats would have a loss, so there are both negative and positive benefits from the Texans victory, so understand at that point.  Indeed, I cheered for Bills and Jets against the colts in the first two weeks of the season.

To my point about the 3-1 Colts, yes they do miss the playoffs if the Colts go 3-1 and the Texans go 4-0.  So not sure why you are calling may point trash.  And yes by the way the reason why those 3-1 colts miss the playoffs is because the Texans beat the pats.  Again, you have missed my point or have failed to read my posts on the matter.  You might want to reread my post on the matter before you make a knee jerk response.

If both the colts and Texans go 3-1 with the Texans lost against the pats and the colts lost against the Texans, then there is a chance for the colts to make the playoffs, and the aforementioned tiebreakers I mentioned in my original post, may swing in the colts favor by the end of the season. 

So yes to your capitalized point.  It DOES matter to the colts if the pats beat the Texans in a positive matter to the colts and there is NO practical value for a pats loss.   Bottom line, if the Texans beat the colts, you are going to want a lost to the pats by then so you can win your other games to a least assure the tiebreakers chance going in your favor, and an outright victory straight up, if the Texans loose another game of the remaining two.

Yah sure a colts victory against the Texans helps, but if you do not get that next weekend, which has not happened yet,  then a Texas's loss to the pats is key for the colts as mentioned above.

So there is no true right or wrong answer, but percentagewise a pats victory gives the colts a higher percentage change to make the playoffs than a Texans victory.  And I for one will go with the higher percentage, and that is not trash.  I understand your position, take the moral victory on the lower percentage trail, I just will forgo moral victories for the higher percentage road.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

haha Oh, I am sure you want the Pats to lose too. I am just hoping to change your rooting interests. :)

I think the Colts could win out and therefore the outcome of the Pats-Texans game will not affect their playoff chances. Overall, a Pats loss works best for every team's interests except the Pats'. I would prefer Denver or Cincy to have the byes and HFA. That would minimize any equipment malfunctions and other such things that can impact the game. :P

If Andrew was healthy this wouldn't even be an issue with me but he isn't. Todays game has me nervous.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Andrew was healthy this wouldn't even be an issue with me but he isn't. Todays game has me nervous.

If the Colts have taken the killer instinct for this game as they have claimed, then take them at their word. I'm not nervous at all. Even a loss doesn't bother me as much if we win out afterwards. Then, of course, if the Patriots win ...all the better. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We have to beat Houston, Miami, and Tennessee now. We do that we finish 9-7 and win the Division. If Andrew comes back we can still do this. Makes for an interesting 3 weeks.

I know Irsay said Andrew was slated to return week 15.

Is this still on tap to come true?

6 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

You call my post names all you want, but that does not change the reality of the situation.  Certainly, you are entitled to your opinion, as others are on both sides of the rooting idle, and no there is no true right or wrong answer just a balancing of the percentages against a moral vicory.   As such, my post is not trash it just happens not to agreed with your opinion on the matter.

The reality of the situation is as I posted in my original post in thread to you and others.  Surely there is a moral victory for the colts fans if the pats loose, no argument there, but as the colts can not catch the pats for playoff seeding, there this ZERO practical value for a Texans victory with respect to the colts.   But there is a NEGATIVE practical value for a Pats loss as it relates to the colts playoff changes. 

As such, some of us can not understand, why this late in the season, folks would want to go for a moral victory that only has a negative and no positive practical value.  Its not like its week 1 and you want to see the Texans beat the pats as both the pats and colts are 0-0 and you would get a 1-0 Texans and 0-1 Pats and true one would lose as the Texans have a win, but the Pats would have a loss, so there are both negative and positive benefits from the Texans victory, so understand at that point.  Indeed, I cheered for Bills and Jets against the colts in the first two weeks of the season.

To my point about the 3-1 Colts, yes they do miss the playoffs if the Colts go 3-1 and the Texans go 4-0.  So not sure why you are calling may point trash.  And yes by the way the reason why those 3-1 colts miss the playoffs is because the Texans beat the pats.  Again, you have missed my point or have failed to read my posts on the matter.  You might want to reread my post on the matter before you make a knee jerk response.

If both the colts and Texans go 3-1 with the Texans lost against the pats and the colts lost against the Texans, then there is a chance for the colts to make the playoffs, and the aforementioned tiebreakers I mentioned in my original post, may swing in the colts favor by the end of the season. 

So yes to your capitalized point.  It DOES matter to the colts if the pats beat the Texans in a positive matter to the colts and there is NO practical value for a pats loss.   Bottom line, if the Texans beat the colts, you are going to want a lost to the pats by then so you can win your other games to a least assure the tiebreakers chance going in your favor, and an outright victory straight up, if the Texans loose another game of the remaining two.

Yah sure a colts victory against the Texans helps, but if you do not get that next weekend, which has not happened yet,  then a Texas's loss to the pats is key for the colts as mentioned above.

So there is no true right or wrong answer, but percentagewise a pats victory gives the colts a higher percentage change to make the playoffs than a Texans victory.  And I for one will go with the higher percentage, and that is not trash.  I understand your position, take the moral victory on the lower percentage trail, I just will forgo moral victories for the higher percentage road.

I'm not reading all of that. Your perpetual verbosity is tiring.

Just now, Superman said:

And that's still true.

We won't win out unless Luck returns and is healthy. And still a big if.

We just lost to the fracking Jags. Not lost......blown out. 50 burger.

But, yeah we are in great shape........

Not even sure at this point Luck could save us.

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Well,  if that's the case the winner tonight is meaningless. 

You realize who we root for has no effect on the outcome of the game right? 

Just now, Jules said:

Then what difference does it make? If Luck doesn't come back and play well, then we're not making the playoffs and we're certainly not doing anything if we should happen to limp our way in. If we're in such bad shape that this game means that much in your mind, then it doesn't matter what happens tonight. Rooting for the Patriots to win doesn't make the Colts better.

If Luck comes back, then everything changes. We actually have a shot. And all indications are that he'll be back next week. We have two home games and a clear path to the playoffs. Doesn't matter what's happening today in Jacksonville, just like it didn't matter three days ago.

Go Texans.