Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hard to watch

oldunclemark

It was hard to see Andrew and Peyton get hit like that.....especially Andrew

I sure hope that's the last Denver-Indy game for awhile...

Probably could have been up to 4-5 roughing calls on Denver that would have been legit.

Probably could have been up to 4-5 roughing calls on Denver that would have been legit.

dw..That's what I thought. Helmet to helmet...that should have been a penalty every time

,,and somebody hit Andrew in the knees in the 2nd Q (I forget who) and knowing he's playing hurt, I just cringed..

I'm going with the unpopular opinion and that's nothing comes before the Horseshoe, not even Peyton Manning.  Yeah, Peyton Manning has done many thing for us and that will be acknowledged once he's done playing.  But right now, it's the Horseshoe.

Thumbs down to the dirty hits, but everytime Peyton hits the ground it's a fist pump for the Colts from me.

It's a real hard one for Manning fans. I can see strong reasons as to why Denver & Peyton needed the win more than us, but equally... The Colts needed this one too.

This win gives the Offense and most importantly Andrew Luck some much needed confidence back. We need to put the fear factor back into our opponents about all of our weapons and high scoring capability.

Please just hope that both Anderson & Adams are only going to have a short time out playing. We need them come crunch time

dw..That's what I thought. Helmet to helmet...that should have been a penalty every time,,and somebody hit Andrew in the knees in the 2nd Q (I forget who) and knowing he's playing hurt, I just cringed..

Me, it's football and he was laying on the line in a game the colts needed to win against the best D in football.

And you should know who went low on Luck......the knee hunter, TJ Ward.

I just think it's funny we kept him from getting the record for passing yards. For sure thought he was going to get it at the end of the game but that holding call on Denver sealed it

Works out for the best..He can break the yardage record and win record at home..

..and the Colts can make the playoffs now..Denver could afford to lose

I'm going with the unpopular opinion and that's nothing comes before the Horseshoe, not even Peyton Manning. Yeah, Peyton Manning has done many thing for us and that will be acknowledged once he's done playing. But right now, it's the Horseshoe.

Thumbs down to the dirty hits, but everytime Peyton hits the ground it's a fist pump for the Colts from me.

The Shoe comes first. I cheered every hit on Manning and gave him a respectful nod for the big plays he made. At the end of the day I was happy to see that Manning face on the other sideline for a change. I gave a " still love you Peyt!" Followed by a gleeful fist pump into the air celebrating the much needed victory for the Shoe.

dw..That's what I thought. Helmet to helmet...that should have been a penalty every time

,,and somebody hit Andrew in the knees in the 2nd Q (I forget who) and knowing he's playing hurt, I just cringed..

Is what it is I guess. Other than that , It was IMO a very well called game.

It's a real hard one for Manning fans. I can see strong reasons as to why Denver & Peyton needed the win more than us, but equally... The Colts needed this one too.

This win gives the Offense and most importantly Andrew Luck some much needed confidence back. We need to put the fear factor back into our opponents about all of our weapons and high scoring capability.

Please just hope that both Anderson & Adams are only going to have a short time out playing. We need them come crunch time

You know that is the most amazing thing about this game that we STILL held on without either of them, but also what is most lost in the aftermath and that is if we lose Anderson for the season we are hosed, same with Adams, but Anderson is in the running or Defensive MVP and perhaps AFC Defensive Rookie of the Year.   I am anxious about his injury.  

I'm not complaining about the hit to the knee...Andrew was running and he didn't slide to that's where he's going to get hit.

But legal hits or not...Andrew took a dozen heavy hits at least..

...I think we get used to it because its been that way for 4 years,,

...but its painful to see him take that kind of punishment.

Glad they won. Glad they have a bye

I'm going with the unpopular opinion and that's nothing comes before the Horseshoe, not even Peyton Manning.  Yeah, Peyton Manning has done many thing for us and that will be acknowledged once he's done playing.  But right now, it's the Horseshoe.

I'm always somewhat torn, but definitely want the Colts to win. I was unsure how I'd feel during the playoff game last year, but once the game started, there was very little conflict.

I still always want to see Manning do well, it's not hard for me when the Colts beat him.

I feel like Luck doesn't get a lot of roughing calls that he should. Late hits, low hits, forcible blows to the head, etc. And I'm really not one to whine about QB hits, but goodness, some of these are pretty obvious, IMO.

I feel like Luck doesn't get a lot of roughing calls that he should. Late hits, low hits, forcible blows to the head, etc. And I'm really not one to whine about QB hits, but goodness, some of these are pretty obvious, IMO.

I think its because of hes big frame and strength he dosen't get destroyed like some of those slow or small QB's but a illegal hit is a illegal hit.

I love when we beat Peyton. And we seem to do it a lot! LoL.

I don't know if I love when we beat Peyton other than I am glad we won.  I take no joy from beating Peyton because he's Peyton.  I mean it's not like he wanted to leave here and even if he did he handled leaving about as classy as you could ask.  After everything Peyton did for this team and city I hardly have anything against him.  Now if it were someone like Brady I would take joy out of beating Brady because it's Brady.  As for Peyton I want the Colts to win the game because I am a Colts fan first but I cheer for Peyton just about any other time he plays. 

I love that Peyton was getting beat up. Colts pass rush did a good job.

We own the broncos. We don't seem to lose to them very often. Broncos fans probably hate playing us like we hate playing the Patriots

Broncos fans probably don't care about the Colts...one way or another

....they don't have the connection to Luck that we have to Peyton.

I don't know if I love when we beat Peyton other than I am glad we won.  I take no joy from beating Peyton because he's Peyton.  I mean it's not like he wanted to leave here and even if he did he handled leaving about as classy as you could ask.  After everything Peyton did for this team and city I hardly have anything against him.  Now if it were someone like Brady I would take joy out of beating Brady because it's Brady.  As for Peyton I want the Colts to win the game because I am a Colts fan first but I cheer for Peyton just about any other time he plays.

I just don't like to see them both take a beating....Luck got hit 12 times

Peyton probably 7 or 8...not sure

Its not fun to watch

Broncos fans probably don't care about the Colts...one way or another

....they don't have the connection to Luck that we have to Peyton.

No but in the past three years we've ended perfect seasons for them twice and ended their season the other time.  That tends to get under a fanbases skin. 

I just don't like to see them both take a beating....Luck got hit 12 times

Peyton probably 7 or 8...not sure

Its not fun to watch

That's fine and I can understand that, I was responding to the person who said they love watching us beat Peyton.  While I enjoy that the Colts won the game I take no extra joy out of beating Peyton. 

He is going to get hit one time and not get up...a season ender

He gets hit way too much...we've just been stone lucky with his health

No but in the past three years we've ended perfect seasons for them twice and ended their season the other time.  That tends to get under a fanbases skin.

They really dont care about us from what I read....They feel about New England the way we do.

Remember...NE eliminated them when Tebow was there too...NE has beaten them, 4 times in 4 years

He is going to get hit one time and not get up...a season ender

He gets hit way too much...we've just been stone lucky with his health

It helps that he's built like a tank.  I agree he gets beat on too much but a lot of that is his own doing.  He holds the ball way too long at times and still doesn't know how to slide when he runs.  Those might have not been big factors today but over the course of his career have been major factors in why he gets hit so much. 

I feel that way too. I remember last year in the Steelers game luck was tripped and no flag thrown. Yet if Brady or Peyton were tripped there's no way a flag isn't thrown. Hell, I can't remember if it was the bills or jets game this year but someone hit Lucks head with their hand and there were no flags. No way you could do that to Brady or Peyton and have no flag thrown. He doesn't get the Brady treatment from the refs that's for certain.

They really dont care about us from what I read....They feel about New England the way we do.

Remember...NE eliminated them when Tebow was there too...NE has beaten them, 4 times in 4 years

and we've now beaten them three years in a row.  Trust me I am sure the Colts aren't their favorite team in the NFL.  We might not be their biggest rival but I doubt they like it when the Colts are on their schedule.  Like I said before think Chargers for the Colts during the Manning era.  Not the Colts biggest rival but clearly a team you wanted the Colts to avoid if they could because they just had the Colts number.

That's fine and I can understand that, I was responding to the person who said they love watching us beat Peyton.  While I enjoy that the Colts won the game I take no extra joy out of beating Peyton.

I know you were. I get you. I started the post and that's what I meant.

I'm not complaining about the refs or late hits on either side.even though you could.

...I just see both QBs getting thrown around and its scary. Today was a best case scenario..Both QBs played well and survived..

We could not afford a loss..Denver could...Neither could afford a QB injury and we Luck-ed out

For me..the game came out the way I had hoped.

It helps that he's built like a tank.  I agree he gets beat on too much but a lot of that is his own doing.  He holds the ball way too long at times and still doesn't know how to slide when he runs.  Those might have not been big factors today but over the course of his career have been major factors in why he gets hit so much.

He DOES hold the ball too long and you know what, so does Aaron Rodgers...so does Big Ben.

The AARP QBs who are still playing like Peyton and Brady and, to some extent, Brees get rid of it so much faster.

(Maybe that's why they're still playing)

and we've now beaten them three years in a row.  Trust me I am sure the Colts aren't their favorite team in the NFL.  We might not be their biggest rival but I doubt they like it when the Colts are on their schedule.  Like I said before think Chargers for the Colts during the Manning era.  Not the Colts biggest rival but clearly a team you wanted the Colts to avoid if they could because they just had the Colts number.

I really think that's how it looks from here.

They don't have any connection to the Colts and their focus is NE...

They have more feeling for Baltimore than they do Indy...

Remember..Denver is the old American Football League ...the rivalries with KC, SD and Oakland go back generations

Indy isn't a big game to them..Peyton would rather not play the Colts for obvious reasons...that much is true, from what I read

Oh god, the holding the ball way too long crap again. Proof that repeating something long enough people will think it's true.