Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saints working out Trent Richardson.

ReMeDy

I thought he might actually get another shot somewhere until that Raiders pre-season game where he ran in the opposite direction of his gap right into the defense. He's a lost cause. Unless you need one not-very-tough yard. Then he's your man. 

Maybe Grigson can bring him back to play on the offensive line 

I know you're kidding, but you know... if T-Rich wants to play in the NFL, he might want to consider becoming a blocking fullback. His talent for running right into defenders would mean one sure block per down. :)

Khiry Robinson is out for the season with a crushed ankle. Very horrific injury yesterday.

Losing Robinson hurts, as he's been a great blocker all season. If they're trying to work Richardson, it's going to be as a blocking running back and not a rusher. The Saints could easily plug CJ Spiller in Robinson's spot, but that's not going to work as he's not a blocker. 

I know you're kidding, but you know... if T-Rich wants to play in the NFL, he might want to consider becoming a blocking fullback. His talent for running right into defenders would mean one sure block per down. :)

You are right! It would be easy to teach him to block. Just tell him to run tor daylight. He'll most certainly tie up half their defense if history tells us anything.

haha

Lol they'll never learn.

I had to click on this thread because I couldn't believe any squad would want Mr. Let Me Walk 2 Steps & Fall Down Richardson. Sean Payton isn't this dumb is he? Why even bring him in for a workout? 

There's plenty of game film proving he's done in this league. Did Sean Payton slip on a wet surface in Louisiana & get a concussion. That's the only reason for doing this. 

For the record, I like Sean & the Saints BTW. SW1 is just trying to pardon N.O. for even attempting this crazy move. 

Khiry Robinson is out for the season with a crushed ankle. Very horrific injury yesterday.

Losing Robinson hurts, as he's been a great blocker all season. If they're trying to work Richardson, it's going to be as a blocking running back and not a rusher. The Saints could easily plug CJ Spiller in Robinson's spot, but that's not going to work as he's not a blocker. 

Let me put it this way Bogie, I'd rather sign TE Jeremy Shockey to a incentive laden contract than Trent Richardson because even rusty & retired he's so much better than Trent as a chain mover or blocker on game day. 

It's probably for blocking. 

You will never escape the wrath of Trent Richardson btw......lmao

He's like a horror film character that never goes away.