Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Robert Kraft took a shot at the Colts tonight

RockThatBlue

Not quite the same comparison... if he'd commented on that play in particular and said "Nothing like beating dem Pats"... would you call him classless?

Yes, and he could have said something like that because it was one championship game after all the years of losing to them. He did comment on that play in particular and only said positives about Jeff nothing negative about the Pats.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll chime in and say it wouldn't be very classy but that's just me. Kraft said something before about the Colts just to get cheers from the fans. I think he's trying to win back his fan base after they all basically hated him for putting his head between his legs to the acceptance of deflategate's punishment of losing draft picks.

That was such a sham, he gives in hoping for a resolution to deflate gate and accepts penalties despite his team's website still online trying to dissect every bit of the wells report and say the deflator was trying to lose weight. Then when Brady still gets suspended he acts like he was wrong to do so. It was a win win for him, if Brady gets off light then he took one for the team and if Brady doesn't then he complains and cries all he wants to win the fan base back and turn them against the NFL. Classic kraft

Irsay showed a video of Saturday blocking a Patriot for the winning score, of course that was the AFC title game that got us to our only SB win of that era. I don't think he took any shots at the Pats, not even since they cheated against us did he say anything that hinted as a dig.

Irsay has no grounds to take a shot at the Patriots.....

Well the colts are one of the main teams crying and whining about the big bad NE team. Colts are soft. Been soft since drafting manning. Then they always whine about winning the "right" way. There's is no right way, there's either winning or there's losing. NE continues to own us. Till the Colts man up, beat them at their own game and stop whining all the time NE can talk all they want.

Well the colts are one of the main teams crying and whining about the big bad NE team. Colts are soft. Been soft since drafting manning. Then they always whine about winning the "right" way. There's is no right way, there's either winning or there's losing. NE continues to own us. Till the Colts man up, beat them at their own game and stop whining all the time NE can talk all they want.

I think if the integrity of the game is at risk, it should be brought to someone's attention. It's not whining, it's called making sure everyone's playing fairly. Goodell was the one who made it all derail pathetically. Colts stayed out of it after calling them out.

Irsay has no grounds to take a shot at the Patriots.....

It could have been any team that Jeff made the winning block for to cap off an amazing comeback to make their first SB that they would end up winning. Nothing about the opponent was noted, just that Jeff made the block. That's my point. 

I'll chime in and say it wouldn't be very classy but that's just me. Kraft said something before about the Colts just to get cheers from the fans. I think he's trying to win back his fan base after they all basically hated him for putting his head between his legs to the acceptance of deflategate's punishment of losing draft picks.

I think this is quite accurate, but I don't feel the need to get riled up by it? 

I think this is quite accurate, but I don't feel the need to get riled up by it? 

If that's referring to me, no I'm not getting riled up about it. Others maybe. However, this isn't the first time Kraft is mentioning the Colts just to win cheers. It's better to be the bigger man and walk away. Obviously, he can't do either one.

If that's referring to me, no I'm not getting riled up about it. Others maybe. However, this isn't the first time Kraft is mentioning the Colts just to win cheers. It's better to be the bigger man and walk away. Obviously, he can't do either one.

My bad, wasn't meant as a shot at you. I was only referring to me. 

This is why I don't get why NFL Network hired McGuinnest. He's a total Patriot homer with extreme bias. Kraft saying this is exactly why I'd never expect WM to say anything positive about the Colts, or anything negative about the Pats.

We'll see how cocky Kraft is after Brady and BB retires.

This is why I don't get why NFL Network hired McGuinnest. He's a total Patriot homer with extreme bias. Kraft saying this is exactly why I'd never expect WM to say anything positive about the Colts, or anything negative about the Pats.

We'll see how cocky Kraft is after Brady and BB retires.

Have you watched Rodney Harrison or Teddy Bruschi? It's nothing new. Listening to Mad Dog rip Bruschi to shreds was phenomenal. Hopefully they go down in the dumpster afterwards like the Yankees did.

"There's nothing more satisfying than saddling the Indianapolis Colts with a loss, something the Patriots did 16 times in Willie McGinest's career," Kraft said after the two-time Pro Bowl linebacker was inducted into the team's Hall of Fame at halftime of New England's game against Miami.

The crowd then roared after seeing video of McGinest making a tackle on a goal-line stop against the Colts to seal a win in November 2003.

http://www.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14006273/new-england-patriots-owner-robert-kraft-takes-dig-indianapolis-colts-speech-honoring-willie-mcginest

:facepalm:

a classless comment, from a classless owner, from a classless organization with classless players and coaches who rely on cheating for their success and then get lucky with the judge.  

Irsay showed a video of Saturday blocking a Patriot for the winning score, of course that was the AFC title game that got us to our only SB win of that era. I don't think he took any shots at the Pats, not even since they cheated against us did he say anything that hinted as a dig.

Pancaked Wilfork

Have you watched Rodney Harrison or Teddy Bruschi? It's nothing new. Listening to Mad Dog rip Bruschi to shreds was phenomenal. Hopefully they go down in the dumpster afterwards like the Yankees did.

Actually I thought Rodney overall has been rational and fair.  After all, predicting a Patriot win is simply smart and correct, not bias.  Bruschi on the other hand is worthless as an analyst.  

Actually I thought Rodney overall has been rational and fair.  After all, predicting a Patriot win is simply smart and correct, not bias.  Bruschi on the other hand is worthless as an analyst.  

It's one thing to predict that the better team will win. Rodney has never said anything nice about Peyton on the air.

You may be right, I was thinking more Luck.  He seems to like Luck.  

no reason not to. he's a classy kid and he's why we have been winning for years. only a skip bayless complaining about throwing too many picks (when we throw 50 times a game). only a skip bayless would say teams should be ashamed the way they win, like the giants last week winning on a kickoff return.

Harrison is just as bad. He loves ripping the Colts pre-game. I don't see why they would pair him with Dungy. Patriots players or notorious cocky homers who are anything but "fair". And now we see why.

Harrison is just as bad. He loves ripping the Colts pre-game. I don't see why they would pair him with Dungy. Patriots players or notorious cocky homers who are anything but "fair". And now we see why.

I agree. It's SO BAD watching the pre-games with Dungy and Harrison. You can tell Harrison loves to take his shots at Dungy because he was a former Patriot. It creates weird tension between the two in my opinion but Dungy transitions it all well on air in my opinion.

I know that. What did i say that relwted to that?

I meant good thing we colt fans are patient, because it could be a while till we beat them (khwrma).

I eouldnt intentionally take a shot at anything remotely o that.

Did i miss something?

The person you responded to was talking about karma and if karma exists then that is bad karma.

I wasn't trying to be mean about his wife passing away, that is sad and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Just trying to be clear to the Pats fans so I don't get accused of saying Kraft deserved that.

They live in a bubble so they think everyone loves their team.

You guys are reading way too much into this. Willie's signature play was stuffing James in 2003. Every single time Willie's highlights are shown, that is the play that is the lead. So naturally Kraft when inducting him into the Pats HoF mentioned that play and giving the Colts a loss.

You guys are reading way too much into this. Willie's signature play was stuffing James in 2003. Every single time Willie's highlights are shown, that is the play that is the lead. So naturally Kraft when inducting him into the Pats HoF mentioned that play and giving the Colts a loss.

I'm surprised so many of us care what he even has to say.

That was a tough game for sure and a great win by the Pats. It should be his big highlight.

I still hate the organization though.

Don't worry guys. The Patriots will suck eventually. Then we can lay the beat down

who cares if we beat down a bad team? it would be nice to be competitive against their best team. this is soft thinking. i dont want to wait until tom brady retires at age 45 and Luck is 33 and has had multiple surgeries lol

That entire quote is not MY words, it was lifted word from word from WEEI, http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2015/10/29/robert-kraft-theres-nothing-more-satisfying-than-saddling-the-indianapolis-colts-with-a-loss/

Again, Kraft was talking about McGinest's career and the 2003 play which is his signature play. That is what he was referencing by saddling the Colts with another loss. I am not sure what else you guys are trying to read into it other than that.

At the time of the play there wasn't much of a rivalry to begin with so trying to say he meant it after that game in 2003 and not after this offseason and the many years that have passed since 2003 is a pretty big reach but hey you guys believed the deflator was trying to lose weight so I can't argue with that logic.

At the time of the play there wasn't much of a rivalry to begin with so trying to say he meant it after that game in 2003 and not after this offseason and the many years that have passed since 2003 is a pretty big reach but hey you guys believed the deflator was trying to lose weight so I can't argue with that logic.

No, there was not much of a rivalry at the time but it grew to be one over the years AND again Willie was being inducted into the HoF. It was his signature play. But you can read into whatever you want. It is not like the two orgs like each other and tweaking does not happen all the time but this one is a bit of a reach IMO.